To camper top or not to camper top?

This is a discussion on To camper top or not to camper top? within the F150 Ecoboost Appearance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Better with or without the camper top?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: To camper top or not to camper top?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Better with or without the camper top?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  1.47 MBName:  image.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  1.29 MB
    2012 FX2 SuperCrew I would list all the options but it's easier to list what it doesn't have. That list is as follows:

Member #
    Liked
    809 times
    It looks better without. But I sure wish I had one.
    2013 Red supercrew 4x4 XLT w/ chrome package. SCT X4 tuner currently running E30 Unleashed custom tune. NKG Spark Plug-one heat range cooler. 285/65 R18 Revo2 tires. Hellwig 5100 rear sway bar. P3 Brake Controller. Truck box and tonneau. Air dam on! Removed air fins. Amsoil. Mizzou and Cardinals decals. Can't stop the Coletrain Baby! https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/10...not-build.html

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    I used to think that canopies were lame...but now I can't imagine having a truck without one. Secure storage, no wet groceries, no stolen bikes etc. Always had cab high though. At least it's not the really grandpa'ish super high rise type! Yours has a Subtle enough slope that I'm ok with it though lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Braddock, I agree. I just got the truck and it was thrown in with it. I really want a BakFlip tonneau.
    2012 FX2 SuperCrew I would list all the options but it's easier to list what it doesn't have. That list is as follows:

Member #
    Liked
    413 times
    I want a camper now and to get rid of my tri fold. I want the dogs to be able to go on trips in this truck too. OP where are you located at?
    13 Limited,
    Adding stuff every chance I get and the wife doesnt know about it

Member #
    Liked
    2535 times
    I have a Bakflip, while I do really like it I am starting to lean towards a topper. I have a trailer to haul anything big so don't really need an open box like I used to. Only problem is for the 6.5ft box the toppers don't look very good. The 5.5ft has some awesome looking toppers.
    2013 F150 FX4 Appearance Loaded Eco. w/Max Tow. Level lift with 305/55r20 Open Country ATII Extremes. Rear Raptor Shocks. 5 Star Tuned/X4. Wagner Intercooler. AFE Stage 2 Intake. RX Catch Can/UPR CSS. Boost-Bars Raptoid Grille. 30" Hanning LED Bar. Rigid Backup Lights. JW Speaker Fogs. GlowShift Boost Gauge. Remote Access.

1971 Mustang Grande 351C

Member #
    Liked
    676 times
    Mine has pretty much had the cap from about a month after I got it. We have 2 Labrador Retrievers that we put in the back for most trips around town. They ride in the cab on long trips, provided there is room. For that last two Christmas trips, they have ridden in the back. I put a bike innertube between the cap and the cab and leave the two windows open. This year I put a rack so that our smaller lab couldn't squeeze through like she did last year. I've tested keeping the back warm to forty below zero. The metal of the bedside is still warm to the touch, even at highway speeds. They had beds and carpet to lay on though, so they weren't directly on the metal.

I don't have a trailer, so pretty much everything else goes in the topper. I had it off to pick up a larger item, and it degraded the ride I was used to. It was easy to remove, though and just as easy to put on.
    2013 Oxford White FX4 CCSB | 402A | 3.55 | S&B CAI & BBK TB | Leer Cap w/DZ TG Assist | DD 3.0 | Tint, Brow, Pinstripe | Interior LED Swap | OEM HD Flaps | Cold Weather Front & Winterization | Arc Rite Brush Guard & Rigid Lighting| JW Speaker 6146 Fogs | Build Thread

2008 Black Slate Pearl Mariner Premier | 303A | Moon & Tune | PIAA Heads/Fogs | Cold Weather Front & Winterization

Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    must be a high quality product if it stays on upside down, how much did it put you back?
    Ducatti20 likes this.

Ecoboost Jr Member TN11BlackXLT's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I think it looks better without, but think it depends on what you need. I have a tonneau on my Ranger and love it. Been thinking about getting a camper top for the 150 so that I can put the big dog in back and take her tracking.
    Tuxedo Black 2011 F150 Ecoboost

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Lil red 02, I am near Pensacola in the panhandle. Which cover do you have?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links