My ceramic coating experience - Page 3

My ceramic coating experience

This is a discussion on My ceramic coating experience within the F150 Ecoboost Appearance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Right, right, understand that. Let me rephrase. It does what a glaze does, but it can be coated over. Basically. Ish? Lol Now that it's ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: My ceramic coating experience

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3575 times
    Right, right, understand that. Let me rephrase.

It does what a glaze does, but it can be coated over. Basically. Ish? Lol

Now that it's easier to wash and rinse I'm primarily foaming it. Rinseless was the only way I could keep up with water spots before.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fred786 View Post
    I have decided to go with Optimum Gloss Coat on the paint and Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armor on the wheels. .
    Looks fantastic! Does the coating on the wheels help repel brake dust, or does it just make it easy to rinse off? I used wheel wax before, but all it did was prevent buildup. Cleaning was just as hard. I tried the turtle wax coating too, but that was the opposite (didn't prevent buildup, just made it easy to rinse)
    2017 Ruby Red Raptor SCab, 802A - a VIN is all I got. Delivery scheduled for APR17
    2014 Gun Metallic GTR Track Edition - The Weekender
    1992 Formula Red NSX - The Daily
    2011 Sterling Grey Mustang GT Supercharged - The Getaway
    2011 Race Red Mustang GT Twin-Turbo - The Showpiece

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3575 times
    It helps prevent anything from sticking. It will cut down on brake dust adhering to the wheel. My truck is much easier to clean. I can only imagine it has the same effect on the wheels.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    I have been detailing cars as a side business for about 10 years. Last year I started offering customers Chemical Guys C9 Carbon Flex which is a ceramic coating. First I experimented on my wife's black 2016 Edge. As Maxx laid out, you must do your paint correction, and it must be clean of all wax and dirt before applying. Three months after putting it on my wife's car, I hand washed/power washed it. The results were amazing. The water just sheets off. Keep in mind, sealants typically do not give your paint the depth, but it will offer longer protections with proper care and you can layer waxes over it. I will try to post a video of me rinsing her car.
    2013 FX4 Eco w/ appearance package. AMP Research Power Steps, Dee Zee tailgate assist

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FX4-5-0 View Post
    I have been detailing cars as a side business for about 10 years. Last year I started offering customers Chemical Guys C9 Carbon Flex which is a ceramic coating. First I experimented on my wife's black 2016 Edge. As Maxx laid out, you must do your paint correction, and it must be clean of all wax and dirt before applying. Three months after putting it on my wife's car, I hand washed/power washed it. The results were amazing. The water just sheets off. Keep in mind, sealants typically do not give your paint the depth, but it will offer longer protections with proper care and you can layer waxes over it. I will try to post a video of me rinsing her car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shrek and AGPank like this.
    2013 FX4 Eco w/ appearance package. AMP Research Power Steps, Dee Zee tailgate assist

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Considering the fact that I spent $10,000 on a paint job for my '57 chevy, this sounds like a deal to me. My '57 has been washed twice since new paint, and that was over 15 years ago, so I can tell you from my experience that these protective coatings actually work. It cost me over a grand the last time I had a coating put on mine, but the paint still looks new after all these years. The Hubble telescope mirror has more orange peel than my '57.

As far as my 'truck' goes, I will be happy with Blocking it for $50 once a year. Lol

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3575 times
    Yeah. For me even at a grand, it's worth it for the protection it offers, and the ease of maintenance. That is time back on the board to spend with my family. I'm not one of those who relishes getting out and washing, claying, polishing, and waxing my vehicle.

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    I am amazed what people spend though. C9 Carbon Flex is about $150, and I charge about $400 to apply it on an average size car.
    AGPank likes this.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3575 times
    In this area, the "real" detailers are few and far between. There is little competition so they can charge more. I'll be doing it myself the next time.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Speaking of all this detail stuff....I need to do a ice one on my new ride before it gets hot. Lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links