Snake Tunes

Snake Tunes

This is a discussion on Snake Tunes within the F150 Ecoboost Electronics forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Although the new truck-build is my first, I have done stereo upgrades in many trucks that I've owned over the years. I've always enjoyed music ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Snake Tunes

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3041 times

Snake Tunes

Although the new truck-build is my first, I have done stereo upgrades in many trucks that I've owned over the years. I've always enjoyed music and truly appreciate it when my ears are the recipients of fine tone!
    But unlike this time, I never felt like I could get CRAZY because I never knew how long I would own the truck. (I doubt I ever crossed the $2grand threshold)
    I have several family members that are enjoying my yesteryear upgrades in the trucks I've once owned.

But, this time it is different. I'm keeping this truck. I'm pretty sure I have to.
    So that changes everything and I'm going for the bucket list tunes. And I was very fortunate to find the perfect team to build this system from another inmate here on the forum.

So here goes................

First, this is my team. They are crazy good at this. And it's just impossible to go wrong with them.

I'll include here a bit of a plug in their own words

The rest of these snapshots contain the specs and components that make up what they are building for this truck.
    (Note: I'm following in the footsteps of a couple of other F150's that had BIG systems built. So when I drove to College Station to meet Adam, I wasn't starting from scratch with them. It just came down to selecting individual components based on what I described as my intents)

Sync3 and all onboard OEM features will stay intact.

The heart of making all this come together and sound good is a result of what this processor can do. It is an awesome piece of technology

I've been fortunate to have traveled around Italy a couple of times. It's the land of amazing passion in so many ways. I love the rural culture and the warm hospitality of the folks there. But come on, everyone knows it is the land of Ferrari, Ducati, Maserati, Moto Guzzi, ....even things like Brembo, and espresso, .. ....on and on and on. Well guess what? It is also the land of wicked amplifiers. Who knew? LOL

http://mosconi-america.com/mosconi/as-line/

Gotta love how much care these guys take stuffing all this power in the truck. Kind of a bummer hiding them behind those King Ranch seats!

Don't really know if anyone could ever justify the two tweeters. But they are hand made and beryllium is toxic. LOL

The A-pillar treatment is perhaps what I look most forward to. It will be the first time ever I didn't have vocals pointed at my shins or thighs. Right at my ears baby!

For my passengers on Sundays:

And of course for the low notes. This is where I was impressed that they actually understood what I was aiming for. I am NOT trying to win a decibel level war with anyone. Nor do I want to impress anyone that is not actually INSIDE the truck. Instead, I simply want to hear every single note. Nothing "missing". The aim is not a concert hall or night club. Instead, it is a music studio with a relaxed but rich sound atmosphere.

And the cabinet will actually be shorter than the pic below because it will be a single woofer and designed to extend only underneath the double seat.
    And since the 18 King Ranch swapped the leather colors between accent\main, the box will be covered with the accent color. I also requested far less King Ranch emblem surround. Just a simple emblem with perhaps a bit of tasteful stitching around it.

Last edited by snakebitten; 01-27-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    bespurcell and TX-Ripper like this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Gold Supporting Member TX-Ripper's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1034 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    Although the new truck-build is my first, I have done stereo upgrades in many trucks that I've owned over the years. I've always enjoyed music and truly appreciate it when my ears are the recipients of fine tone!
    But unlike this time, I never felt like I could get CRAZY because I never knew how long I would own the truck. (I doubt I ever crossed the $2grand threshold)
    I have several family members that are enjoying my yesteryear upgrades in the trucks I've once owned.

But, this time it is different. I'm keeping this truck. I'm pretty sure I have to.
    So that changes everything and I'm going for the bucket list tunes. And I was very fortunate to find the perfect team to build this system from another inmate here on the forum.

So here goes................

First, this is my team. They are crazy good at this. And it's just impossible to go wrong with them.

I'll include here a bit of a plug in their own words

The rest of these snapshots contain the specs and components that make up what they are building for this truck.
    (Note: I'm following in the footsteps of a couple of other F150's that had BIG systems built. So when I drove to College Station to meet Adam, I wasn't starting from scratch with them. It just came down to selecting individual components based on what I described as my intents)

Sync3 and all onboard OEM features will stay intact.

The heart of making all this come together and sound good is a result of what this processor can do. It is an awesome piece of technology

I've been fortunate to have traveled around Italy a couple of times. It's the land of amazing passion in so many ways. I love the rural culture and the warm hospitality of the folks there. But come on, everyone knows it is the land of Ferrari, Ducati, Maserati, Moto Guzzi, ....even things like Brembo, and espresso, .. ....on and on and on. Well guess what? It is also the land of wicked amplifiers. Who knew? LOL

AS Line – Mosconi America / Gladen Audio America

Gotta love how much care these guys take stuffing all this power in the truck. Kind of a bummer hiding them behind those King Ranch seats!

Don't really know if anyone could ever justify the two tweeters. But they are hand made and beryllium is toxic. LOL

The A-pillar treatment is perhaps what I look most forward to. It will be the first time ever I didn't have vocals pointed at my shins or thighs. Right at my ears baby!

For my passengers on Sundays:

And of course for the low notes. This is where I was impressed that they actually understood what I was aiming for. I am NOT trying to win a decibel level war with anyone. Nor do I want to impress anyone that is not actually INSIDE the truck. Instead, I simply want to hear every single note. Nothing "missing". The aim is not a concert hall or night club. Instead, it is a music studio with a relaxed but rich sound atmosphere.

And the cabinet will actually be shorter than the pic below because it will be a single woofer and designed to extend only underneath the double seat.
    And since the 18 King Ranch swapped the leather colors between accent\main, the box will be covered with the accent color. I also requested far less King Ranch emblem surround. Just a simple emblem with perhaps a bit of tasteful stitching around it.

Holy hell.....
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid

Current: 2018 F150 5.0 4x4 Platinum Screw 3.31 Gears Whipple Supercharged 754rwhp 616rwtq : Remote Dyno Tuned with HPtuners by Palm Beach Dyno
    Sold: 2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Screw Platinum 3.55 Full-Race GT Turbos, Intercooler, Downpipes
    Link to my YouTube Channel - Dyno videos, Racing ect: https://shorturl.at/epIMY
    Link to my Build Thread: https://shorturl.at/cdqtE

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3041 times
    LOL. It's going to truly be beyond anything I've ever done. And as strange as it might sound on a performance forum, it's actually what I'm most excited about.
    I've splurged on music in-the-house a few times. I have fond memories of my mom coming over many times over the years for dinner, or to see her grand kids, or some other reason, and almost always finding the opportunity to say "ok BrucieBoy, let's go in the den and you play something amazing for your momma.

Man I miss that!

I also recall the many many times that we'd be driving somewhere on a road trip and I'm playing DJ with the intent of picking something that my passenger(s) would truly enjoy. Nothing pleased me more than Brenda squealing with pleasure as she reached over and cranked it up herself. You knew you hit the bull's-eye when she said "I love it I love it I love it", 3 times in succession. Her signature response when her cup was full.

Yea, I'm shooting for the moon this time. The fellas over at the shop said it takes a full 4 long days to get it all installed and tuned. Starts Tuesday. Should get it back Saturday. Then up to Tifosi's for sorting out the suspension and braking!

I'm having a ball.
    bespurcell and RedRooster like this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3041 times
    Got a call from Adam at Mobile Toys and he says Chris Pate is flying in tomorrow. (He's been out west for some show or something)
    Anyways, story goes that when Chris heard about the build he told Adam that he wants to do it. Now. Everything else will have to wait because he WANTS to dive in!

This install will take 4-5 days including "tuning".

There's that word! LOL
    Seems in the extreme mobile electronics world anyone can buy the fancy stuff and "bolt it on". But the results are far from the potential performance that's possible until the tuner does his magic.

I was messing around googling and ran across this:
    Chris Pate is the man!

October Issue Feature: Tech Today - Real World Tuning

Mobile Electronics Magazine - October 2017 by Mobile Electronics - Issuu

Think I'm in good hands? (yet again!)
    bespurcell and TX-Ripper like this.

Member #
    Liked
    492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    Got a call from Adam at Mobile Toys and he says Chris Pate is flying in tomorrow. (He's been out west for some show or something)
    Anyways, story goes that when Chris heard about the build he told Adam that he wants to do it. Now. Everything else will have to wait because he WANTS to dive in!

This install will take 4-5 days including "tuning".

There's that word! LOL
    Seems in the extreme mobile electronics world anyone can buy the fancy stuff and "bolt it on". But the results are far from the potential performance that's possible until the tuner does his magic.

I was messing around googling and ran across this:
    Chris Pate is the man!

October Issue Feature: Tech Today - Real World Tuning

Mobile Electronics Magazine - October 2017 by Mobile Electronics - Issuu

Think I'm in good hands? (yet again!)
    Man, I am jealous... and to think, my circuit city installs were the bomb back in the day..... Lol

But I do enjoy the tunes as well.... I am sure it will be amazing
    snakebitten likes this.
    2019 F150 CC FX4 XLT - Max Tow & Much More
    RIP-2015 CC FX4 l 3.55's l Raptor Style Grille l Level 2" l 305/60/18 on Vision Manics l Bilstein 4600's l Powerstop Z36's l AEM CAI l MSD Coils l Exhaust Tweaks l Tow Mirrors l Upgraded Trans Cooler (GH 13.31 1/4)

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3041 times
    Those Circuit City installs are all I've ever had and I was thrilled with them. This is uncharted territory for me. I'm not pedigreed.

Just like everything else with this truck, I gotta do this while I'm still capable of enjoying it. These aren't spring chicken ears anymore.
    Might not be long before I'm changing batteries in my ears, if ya know what I mean. It's inevitable.
    TOWMA8R likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    702 times
    That's awesome stuff right there. I remember a time when I converted Amtrak train fiberglass sink into a speaker box. 2 12" Mtx subs powered by Phoenix gold amplifier. It had all the panty-dropping bass a 20yr old could ask for. It filled the entire back end of a Bronco II. Oh, the Times I had in that thing.
    snakebitten and Rodneytxps like this.
    2015 Ruby Red Scab 3.55 gears 4x4 Fast and Fun

2015 Pearl white SHO AWD Fast and quiet.

'If you can't Join em beat em' - 3 PUMP Racing

Member #
    Liked
    309 times
    KILLER!!
    I hope to see, hear, and feel this truck someday! It will be a complete system overload.
    They will name a drug after it.

Member #
    Liked
    2511 times
    Are you doing anything for sound deadening?
    2011 F150 Platinum screw 2WD 6.5' bed, 3.73 Max Tow pkg | Full Race FMIC | EPP catted downpipe | PowerStop Extreme | OEM Harley front end | Belltech 3/4 drop | Black Rhino Traverse 22" | built motor & EFR's coming soon...
    2018 Ford Transit XLT 12 passenger van 3.5 EB | stock for now...
    1992 Mustang 5.0 coupe bolt-on play thing.
    1964 1/2 Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car - OEM replica, collector car toy

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3041 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    Are you doing anything for sound deadening?
    These guys are ripping the truck apart and using the same prep technique they do for SQ competition vehicles.
    And as stated earlier, Chris Pate is personally managing this one and he won 2017 installer of the year.
    (If it sounds like I'm a knowitall, I'm really just a parrot.)

Or put another way, the $cost for the install makes the debate on the price for a pair of GT turbos sound silly.

Whatever Jerry suggests will be an easy pill to swallow after the interior of the truck. I'll be numb by then. Lol
    Rodneytxps likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links