F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
So while driving the other day the right side door speakers(front & rear) suddenly stopped working. Yes at the same time. Left side speakers and the a pillar tweeters work as they should. No I was not blasting the volume. It's the factory non-Sony stereo with the six cd changer in dash and sirius/xm. Anyone know of things I can do to figure this out?? Or is it just time for a new headunit??

I'd check the wiring. Pretty easy to isolate. There are plugs that go from the door frame to the wiring that goes inside each door also. You can unplug those and maybe find moisture or corrosion. Inside my doors, after removing the speakers is where I found brittle and even a broken wire. Wires are pretty straight forward to trace from the stereo deck also. I'd check that out before deciding on paying the price for a deck. I replaced all my speakers and the deck before I rewired the entire speaker array, which ended up being my issue.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
I'd check the wiring. Pretty easy to isolate. There are plugs that go from the door frame to the wiring that goes inside each door also. You can unplug those and maybe find moisture or corrosion. Inside my doors, after removing the speakers is where I found brittle and even a broken wire. Wires are pretty straight forward to trace from the stereo deck also. I'd check that out before deciding on paying the price for a deck. I replaced all my speakers and the deck before I rewired the entire speaker array, which ended up being my issue.
Thanks for the info. I'll look into this possibility.

Discussion starter · #4 · (Edited)
Update: So after checking all the wires, terminals and anything else I can think of I am replacing the head unit. The right channel was lost a couple of months ago and now the left channel is showing the same signs. So I ordered a new Pioneer head unit, subwoofer cabinet and all of the items needed for installation. Now just waiting for deliveries to start rolling in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.