Tremor Tires

Tremor Tires

This is a discussion on Tremor Tires within the F150 Ecoboost Wheels and Tires forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; What are some tire suggestions I should use for my Tremor? Stock tires are Scorpion STR. These are different from four door trucks that have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tremor Tires

Member #
    Liked
    1192 times

Tremor Tires

What are some tire suggestions I should use for my Tremor?

Stock tires are Scorpion STR. These are different from four door trucks that have the Scorpion ATR. The STR is a "premium highway" tire. I want to keep something similar.

My tires are getting low and the outside edge of the front tires are bald. I think I need to have alignment adjustment to angle the front wheel in a little. With so much body roll on a truck, it wears the outside considerably faster than the tire itself.

Member #
    Liked
    1734 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WooBoost View Post
    What are some tire suggestions I should use for my Tremor?

Stock tires are Scorpion STR. These are different from four door trucks that have the Scorpion ATR. The STR is a "premium highway" tire. I want to keep something similar.

My tires are getting low and the outside edge of the front tires are bald. I think I need to have alignment adjustment to angle the front wheel in a little. With so much body roll on a truck, it wears the outside considerably faster than the tire itself.
    I'm extremely happy with my Cooper Discoverer SRX. I consider them an "aggressive" all season... not to be confused with All Terrain.
    Best tire I've ever used in the rain, they're wearing great, they're quiet and have excellent dry handling as well. I have winter tires for the cold season, so don't ask me about that.
    snakebitten and WooBoost like this.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Member #
    Liked
    1192 times
    I will look into that suggestion. I drive in snow, this is why I need all seasons.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    I ended up going with the BFG Advantage T/A Sport LT which is a all weather tire and so far i have been really impressed with its road manners (way better than the hankooks the 18 came with). Time will tell if they do well in winter but i did gain a bit of mileage as well
    2018 F150 XLT Sport SuperCrew 2.7L 10psd Magnetic Gray with dealer installed hood deflector, trifold tonneau cover and Gunmetal stainless steel tail gate insterts

K&N Intake, Led headlights by silverlux, Led Fogs, Bully Dog BDX with BCB Highlander, BFG Advantage T/A Sport LT on factory 20's, Bilstein 4600's on the rear

Member #
    Liked
    1192 times
    275/55/20

Ratings:
    STR - 520 A A, 39lbs, 2403lbs max load...the 520 rating make sense as I'm at 45k and these things are done as stated.
    BFG T/A Sport LT - 740 B A, 40lbs, 2535lb max load
    Cooper Discoverer SRX - 740 A A, 41lbs, 2833lb max load

Online prices
    cooper - $180 a tire
    BFG - $186
    STR $185
    Last edited by WooBoost; 05-27-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1192 times
    "Best seller" on this particular website is Michelin Defender LTX M/S

$210/tire

800 A A, 39lbs

The BFG's stated above have a 50 dollar rebate right now ending tomorrow.

When is a good time to get deals on tires? Are holidays memorial , july 4th etc?

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3062 times
    I love those Michelins and have had good luck with them on trucks since the early 90's.

Have no clue how they would be in snow since..... Well, Texas Gulf Coast.

I'll admit I have had a set or two of car tires that weren't impressive though.

However, if my memory serves, that tire has been thoroughly bashed around here by a few fellas, so maybe they aren't a consistent tire?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snakebitten; 05-27-2019 at 07:08 PM.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    I've got a $70cad rebate coming on the bfg's. The rebates seem to be seasonal from my tire days
    2018 F150 XLT Sport SuperCrew 2.7L 10psd Magnetic Gray with dealer installed hood deflector, trifold tonneau cover and Gunmetal stainless steel tail gate insterts

K&N Intake, Led headlights by silverlux, Led Fogs, Bully Dog BDX with BCB Highlander, BFG Advantage T/A Sport LT on factory 20's, Bilstein 4600's on the rear

Member #
    Liked
    1192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    I love those Michelins and have had good luck with them on trucks since the early 90's.

Have no clue how they would be in snow since..... Well, Texas Gulf Coast.

I'll admit I have had a set or two of car tires that weren't impressive though.

However, if my memory serves, that tire has been thoroughly bashed around here by a few fellas, so maybe they aren't a consistent tire?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Are you referring to the Michelin I posted? Bad reviews on here? I need to research more on comments on here. On paper, they look great.

Member #
    Liked
    1734 times
    Nothing wrong with the LTX M/S for what you need (probably will be best in the winter compared to the others), but will give up a little in dry handling department (more tread squirm).
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links