FX Rims. Colour code. Grey/Silver. Not Dark Shadow Grey by Duplicolor

This is a discussion on FX Rims. Colour code. Grey/Silver. Not Dark Shadow Grey by Duplicolor within the F150 Ecoboost Wheels and Tires forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; I bought a set of original grey/silver FX4 rims (no tires) to put on my 2011 FX2. There's a couple of scratches and chips that ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By R0bCincy

Thread: FX Rims. Colour code. Grey/Silver. Not Dark Shadow Grey by Duplicolor

Member #
    Liked
    97 times

I bought a set of original grey/silver FX4 rims (no tires) to put on my 2011 FX2. There's a couple of scratches and chips that I want to touch up. I've done a search and there doesn't seem to be a concise answer as to what colour of grey/silver it is. My truck is Sterling silver and the wheels are lighter than that. Google search suggested Dupli Color Dark Shadow Grey was a close match but it's darker than Sterling silver.

Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be a perfect match. Just closer than what I've found. Thanks
    2011 FX2 Natural Gas Conversion, Line X bed liner, Tonneau Tri Fold, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Under Bumper LED Reverse Lights, Dual Remote Oil Filter, RX Catch Can, LED Head Lights & Driving Lights, Clear Turn Bulbs, Kicker Upgraded Stereo, USB II Mod, Boost Gauge, 3DXpider Floor Mats, Hood Protector, Vent Shades, LED Interior Lights, Scan Gauge II, Upgraded Smartphone Remote Start, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Drilled CAC Weep Hole thru Support.

Member #
    Liked
    883 times
    I hope you find out as I too went through this with no results. Even tried talking to dealer and they were worthless. Since I only have one scratch I’m living with it.

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    My understanding is that there is a 2 part process on the FX wheels and that is why it us such a pain to repair/match.

Some people say hyper silver, others charcoal metallic.
    Last edited by R0bCincy; 06-03-2019 at 12:58 PM. Reason: FX Wheels was thesexeheels
    Beaker80 likes this.
    2011 FX4 SCREW, 3.5 EB. 3.73 and 5* and MPT Tunes, SW catted DP and SW 3.5 inch Chambered Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Mishimoto CAC, and very rusty cab corners.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    I tried Arctic Silver Metallic Duplicolor #CBHA0910 but it's to much silver like an Argent Silver. Going back to store with cap from Arctic Silver and Sterling Silver paint pen to try and find something in between. If I can't find something close I'll maybe try mixing Sterling Silver and Arctic Silver.
    2011 FX2 Natural Gas Conversion, Line X bed liner, Tonneau Tri Fold, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Under Bumper LED Reverse Lights, Dual Remote Oil Filter, RX Catch Can, LED Head Lights & Driving Lights, Clear Turn Bulbs, Kicker Upgraded Stereo, USB II Mod, Boost Gauge, 3DXpider Floor Mats, Hood Protector, Vent Shades, LED Interior Lights, Scan Gauge II, Upgraded Smartphone Remote Start, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Drilled CAC Weep Hole thru Support.

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Duplicolor #CBNS0604 - Precision Gray is a very close match. I've applied (modelers brush) the first coat. First I sprayed a small amount into the can's cap.Then brushed from there. Tomorrow I'll wet sand and reapply. It's not a perfect match but short of a full respray it's pretty close.

Sponsored Links