F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Lots of posts on leveling on here. Just use the search function in the upper right hand corner.

SPPD

Reactions: GeneralSantaAna
Discussion starter · #3 · (Edited)
Lots of posts on leveling on here. Just use the search function in the upper right hand corner.

SPPD
Well, thanks for the pointer but I already did a search on multiple words. What I am looking for is answers to quality of the ride. Did not see much in the way of that subject..........hence the question! I will reword the title.

I went with the Rancho Quicklift kit. Nice straight forward bolt in system since it replaces all the shocks with adjustable Ranchos. The front coil overs are preassembled so they also are simple old unit out and new Rancho units in. This still kept a 3/4" rake where the rear of the truck is higher.

The ride as least according to my Buttmeter feels better than stock. It did take me awhile to find the shock setting (damper) that I preferred, but it is now dialed in just right.

I'll probably end up doing this kit as well. What settings are you using?

I went with the Rancho Quicklift kit. Nice straight forward bolt in system since it replaces all the shocks with adjustable Ranchos. The front coil overs are preassembled so they also are simple old unit out and new Rancho units in. This still kept a 3/4" rake where the rear of the truck is higher.

The ride as least according to my Buttmeter feels better than stock. It did take me awhile to find the shock setting (damper) that I preferred, but it is now dialed in just right.

I'll probably end up doing this kit as well. What settings are you using?
If I recall correctly I am running the shocks on position #4 all the way around. I tried starting at setting #1 and then worked my way up to #6 and started back down to end at #4. It really makes a difference as to what kind of road surface you find your self driving on for the greater part.

Nice thing is that if you like you can set each corner to dampen at a different rate....you know like if your heavy mother in law were to ride with you in the passenger side rear seat very often....lol

i used a 2.5" pro comp level kit on my last truck and then put a longer set of coil over shocks in the back and it was perfectly level.
the 2.5" was max for that truck or i would have had to do some changes to brake lines and vaccuum lines
it looked great and didnt change anything about the wheel alignment or ride quality
it was a bit more pricey than a few others out there but i was surprised when the alignment shop said it was still dead on after the install and it really only took a couple hrs
like someone else said 2" is all you need to level the truck unless you do something in the rear also or you end up with the front higher than the back.

Discussion starter · #12 ·

That is the unit I am strongly leaning toward. I like the ability to adjust ride quality. One question, on you tube they show putting the shock in factory spring but all pictures show shock with its own spring. Does a spring actually come with the shock?

That is the unit I am strongly leaning toward. I like the ability to adjust ride quality. One question, on you tube they show putting the shock in factory spring but all pictures show shock with its own spring. Does a spring actually come with the shock?
Yes, the Rancho quick lift is a complete assembly. I installed mine last night. About 1hr 10 min total install time.

Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit (plastic disk spacers), and put Firestone airbags over the rear axle. It's nice to be able to raise the rear end with a few psi of air pressure, and more depending on what's loaded in the bed or towing.

Yeap, get it aligned. An alignment will cost between $80 to $110 to have done. Some shops like to charge a little extra for lifted trucks. But, in the end the cost to align the truck is much less than to replace the tires on the truck.

I went with an Auto Spring lift/level. It raised my front 2" and the rear about 1 1/4" so it takes some of the rake out yet still sits higher in the rear. When i throw my 4 wheeler in the bed or tow the boat with some gear the truck sits level, not nose high. The ride did not change from stock because yo9u are not messing with spring rates. Yes i would strongly suggest an alignment, i went a few thousand miles without one and defiantly noticed my tires wearing faster than normal. Below is a before and after.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

I have the Hell bent Steel 2" level and the ride quality is very good. I have zero complaints about it.

My brother has the autospring 2" level and has never complained about his ride quality.

the truck will lose mpg performance with the decreased aerodynamics.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.