Bilstein installed price.

This is a discussion on Bilstein installed price. within the F150 Ecoboost Suspension forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; I知 putting bilstein 4600 all around on my 2016 screw 4x4. The backs look easy. After reading multiple threads on the fronts, I think I値l ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Bilstein installed price.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

I知 putting bilstein 4600 all around on my 2016 screw 4x4. The backs look easy. After reading multiple threads on the fronts, I think I値l skip that one. Anyone know about what a decent price for having a front pair installed would be.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    I am guessing around $500 as it takes approximately four hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Ford F-150 Lariat Ecoboost. Max Tow Package w/ 6.5 foot bed.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I paid $170.00 up here in Canada at a Ford dealer for the fronts a couple of years ago. Plus an alignment. Doesn't take long with the right equipment. And yes, rears are easy. Just pay attention to torque specs when you tighten things up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rds912 View Post
    I知 putting bilstein 4600 all around on my 2016 screw 4x4. The backs look easy. After reading multiple threads on the fronts, I think I値l skip that one. Anyone know about what a decent price for having a front pair installed would be.

Thanks
    Courious as to why replacing the front is hard??

Just noticed your is a 4x4. My 2018 is rear wheel drive only
    Traded 2013 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost for New 2018 Ford F150 2.7L Ecoboost well outfitted!

Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    You have to open up the front suspension to remove the strut assembly, then compress the spring to remove. The springs on these trucks are super heavy duty and a lightweight spring compressor from auto zone won't work very well, safely. Most people end up using 2 sets on one spring, or take them to a shop to do.

I bought my fronts online, then paid a shop $200 USD to install. Total cost was about $350-$400 if I remember correctly.
    snakebitten, goJim and Mikedick77 like this.
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Dan View Post
    You have to open up the front suspension to remove the strut assembly, then compress the spring to remove. The springs on these trucks are super heavy duty and a lightweight spring compressor from auto zone won't work very well, safely. Most people end up using 2 sets on one spring, or take them to a shop to do.

I bought my fronts online, then paid a shop $200 USD to install. Total cost was about $350-$400 if I remember correctly.
    Yuck. Compressing the springs suck. I'd gladly pay a shop a couple hundy to put those on imo. Don't want to be on the wrong end of that one...
    Mr B, snakebitten, Kinguni and 2 others like this.
    2018 Magnetic F150 XLT SuperCrew 2.7l Ecoboost/302A

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
    Yuck. Compressing the springs suck. I'd gladly pay a shop a couple hundy to put those on imo. Don't want to be on the wrong end of that one...
    I'm with you there. I researched doing it myself and said nope!

Gold Supporting Member DBCooper's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    I got my fronts done at a local Goodyear store. They had the truck about half a day. I paid $400 and that included alignment. The rears I did myself in about 30 minutes.
    ~Jim~
    2012 Lariat Screw; 3.5L; 4x4; 3.55 E-Locker; Lux/Tow Package;
    SCT X4; Tuning by MPT , BCB; 170* Rat Stat; Motorcraft SP-542s; Injen CAI; Roush Boost Gauge; Full Race TB Spacer; CAC Weep Hole; UPR Mega Can w/CSS Pro Valves; UPR Billet Breather; 3" Custom Magnaflow
    Exhaust; 3" Resonator Delete;Turbosmart BOVs; Bilstein 5100s; Leveled; 20% Window Tint; Full Interior LEDs; PIAA Heads/Fogs; Forscan; BFG 275/70/18 KO2s

Member #
    Liked
    1085 times

I had a shop do the assembly of the shocks/springs for me for like $25 but installed the shocks myself. Its not too bad.

I found unbolting the lower control arms at the frame and lowering them with a floor jack was the easiest way. Then once the top of the shock is bolted in, you just lift the control arm back into place with the jack and align the lower shock bolts. If you get the LCA bolts lined up in the same spot they were before, you shouldnt need an alignment. I brought mine in and they told me it was totally fine.
    Last edited by mass-hole; 04-04-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    snakebitten likes this.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Compressing springs is not a typical job for a DIY shade tree guy. If you are careful and have the time it takes you can do it and do just as good a job as a pro shop. It will take you longer and there is risk involved.

If you have ever seen a spring slip out when being compressed then you know how dangerous it can be. Your choice, and you will save a good deal of money. That痴 usually why I am a DIY mechanic, landscaper, plumber, electrician, carpenter, painter, barber, chef, pit master, bottle washer, brewmaster and over all general handyman.

That said, when I put my Bilsteins on the front I知 gonna pay someone else. The rears are stupid easy and anyone can do those with damn near no experience or risk.
    2016 SCrew 2wd XLT 302A Tow pkg 3.31 EL rear Blue Jeans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links