Truck leans to right, possibility suspension issue

This is a discussion on Truck leans to right, possibility suspension issue within the F150 Ecoboost Suspension forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Wonder if anyone has run into this issue. Noticed that my 2011 is leaning to the right from side to side. It is about 1 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Truck leans to right, possibility suspension issue

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Wonder if anyone has run into this issue. Noticed that my 2011 is leaning to the right from side to side. It is about 1 1/4” to 1 1/2” difference. Have about 86,000 on it. I don’t see anything broken or bent. Could it be a spring that is or starting to collapse? Do I have a shock that compressed and will not rebound all the way back? Could it be a sway bar issue? Just looking for input from others that have possibly experienced this issue.
    micabarry likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    575 times
    Is your wife a rather substantial woman?

Member #
    Liked
    892 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mmateri View Post
    Is your wife a rather substantial woman?
    Oh man.
    mmateri likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    771 times
    Start by making sure your air pressure in the tires is even. Assuming you haven’t bent anything (from frame to shackles to control arms etc.) and there are no worn parts (control arm bushings, shackle bushings etc.) it’s all but certain a spring or leaf pack is sagging. That may mean that a leaf is broken in the rear or a coil is broken in the front. Either of these two issues should be something you can spot. Shocks don’t lift the suspension unless you’re running a spring loaded shock.

Go to the corner that is the lowest and start there. Put a jack under that corner of the truck and lift the frame for the low corner and see if that also levels the other end of of the truck. If it’s a leaf spring there are places that will re-arc or replaces leafs in your spring packs.

We used to use a company in Utah called Ideal Spring Co. They were surprisingly affordable. They of course also had complete spring packs that were pretty reasonable too. If it’s a coil upfront you may be dollars ahead to simply buy the complete coil-over packages with the shocks of your choice.
    Last edited by GearHead_1; 06-09-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    mmateri likes this.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    1220 times
    You mean it leans right looking at front, left looking at back, aka driver side because the gastank is not even distributed. It is on the driver side of frame, thus causing the truck to lean to driver side. It drives me crazy, only helper bags would fix. It should be on the passenger side because most occupancy is just a driver.

Member #
    Liked
    279 times
    Check for a broken spring or a snapped leaf spring. Use a good flashlight and get up under the hats on the spring. Sometimes they can break on the last few turns and its hard to see.
    GearHead_1 likes this.
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    771 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WooBoost View Post
    You mean it leans right looking at front, left looking at back, aka driver side because the gastank is not even distributed. It is on the driver side of frame, thus causing the truck to lean to driver side. It drives me crazy, only helper bags would fix. It should be on the passenger side because most occupancy is just a driver.
    I’d never even considered this as an issue for a 1.5” lean. My truck sits in a completely level garage. Full 36 gallon tank or not, I’ve never noticed a lean and I’m pretty particular. I’d know if mine did.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Air pressure is good in tires all around truck. It leans to the right. At first glance the stance of the truck would signal a flat right front tire. That’s when I just did a quick visual inspection and found nothing obviously broken or bent. Started measuring and found such a difference in height from side to side. Was just wondering if someone had this issue with leaning to the right. As the majority of the leaning complaints are to the left. Hopefully get the wheel off and get a better look at things next.

Member #
    Liked
    279 times
    Mine sits level. With a full tank there might be a slight lean towards the driver (definitely more when I get in!) But it's not 1.5" or something that looks like Gumby driving down the road.
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Some have the beds bolted on slightly crooked, compare where the front of the bed's top rail lines up to the back of the cab...mine is about 1/4" to 3/8" higher on the right (passenger's side) then the left (driver's side). I've leveled the back of the truck up with my Roadmaster Active Suspension set up so now it's not as noticeable.
    Last edited by Spyderwebb; 06-10-2019 at 01:11 PM.
    2012 F150 FX4 SCREW
    Fox 2.0 Shocks & Coilovers / S&B Intake /
    Banks Monster Cat-back Exhaust / RX Dual Valve Catch Can / SCT X4 Tuner with Unleashed custom tunes / Encore Extang tonneau cover / Lund Latitude Nerf Bars / Michelin LTX A/T 2- P275/60R20 / Wagner Intercooler / Roadmaster Active Suspension / PowerStop Z36 Rotors and pads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links