UPR Dual Valve Catch Can Install and Review - Page 2

UPR Dual Valve Catch Can Install and Review

This is a discussion on UPR Dual Valve Catch Can Install and Review within the MAK Performance forums, part of the Vendors category; We just checked our dual valve UPR Can. It has been exactly one week and the truck has traveled 250miles since install. Keep in mind ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: UPR Dual Valve Catch Can Install and Review

Member #
    Liked
    268 times
    We just checked our dual valve UPR Can. It has been exactly one week and the truck has traveled 250miles since install. Keep in mind we are in South Florida, we have a very hot climate down here.

We did drain approx. 5 drops of oily water. The system is working as designed. It is too soon to see any type of volume with a brand new system. There are a lot of new dry components in this system that also has to be accounted for before we will see any accumulation in the can, but the ~ 5 drops of oily water do seem to be indicative that the system is working as intended. The can also mounts at a slight angle, where the center drain is not draining everything that maybe in the can, all these are tell tale signs that the system is working and doing its job.

We will check again in a months time.

Member #
    Liked
    268 times
    Just wanted to update our findings. We had not checked the Can since we last posted in this thread. We checked it this morning this is what we caught.... Roughly 1800 - 2000 miles since the last time we checked it.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Can anyone tell me when is the best time to drain the can? Not time intervals but with the engine cold, warmed up or after a good drive like 30 minutes or more? I plan on draining once a week to see how much I get then plan from there but would like to hear what others say with the warm or cold engine. Thanks!!
    2013 Ecoboost 4X4, Flame Blue, K&N Cold Air intake, aFe Scorcher Module, BAK Roll Top Bed Cover, UPR Duel Valve Catch Can

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    221 times
    If you drain your system after driving while it's still warm, it will always drain better because the fluids are warm and thinned out.

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    I noticed yesterday after driving mine I immediately drained it. At first a bunch of clearish liquid came out. Then some tanish thick foamy Crap slowly dripped out. Then finally some more dark liquid. Truck had been run a good while. So I'd say give it 10 minutes or so to completely drain.

Member #
    Liked
    2535 times
    I drain my can every time I fill up, you have the good popped open to check the oil anyways so perfect time to drain it.
    2013 F150 FX4 Appearance Loaded Eco. w/Max Tow. Level lift with 305/55r20 Open Country ATII Extremes. Rear Raptor Shocks. 5 Star Tuned/X4. Wagner Intercooler. AFE Stage 2 Intake. RX Catch Can/UPR CSS. Boost-Bars Raptoid Grille. 30" Hanning LED Bar. Rigid Backup Lights. JW Speaker Fogs. GlowShift Boost Gauge. Remote Access.

1971 Mustang Grande 351C

Member #
    Liked
    268 times
    Bumping this for those who may have never seen it. We are loving this can.

All UPR Catch Cans Ship Free in the Lower 48 States plus a forum discount to all F150ecoboost.net members. Available with or without the the updated No-Drill WOT Throttle Couplers. All under 400.00 in your choice of finishes

2011-2014 Ecoboost F150 UPR 4in Mega Catch Can Kit

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    2015 EB model???
    **TOP SECRET**
    2015 XLT SCrew | 4x4 | Sport Package | 3.5L EB | Livernois Tuning | UPR Dual-Valve Oil Separator | 3.55 E-Locker | 302a | Magnetic/Black Sport | 6" ProComp Stage 1 Lift | 35x12.5x20 Toyo RT | 20x9.5 ProComp 5183 Vapor -6 Offset | TruXedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    so this is plug and play? no drilling?
    does it work as good as the ones where you have to drill?

from what i have read getting one of these should be at the top of the list for my new truck
    2014 XLT premium, 2wd, tuxedo black

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Bumping this for those who may have never seen it. We are loving this can.

All UPR Catch Cans Ship Free in the Lower 48 States plus a forum discount to all F150ecoboost.net members. Available with or without the the updated No-Drill WOT Throttle Couplers. All under 400.00 in your choice of finishes

2011-2014 Ecoboost F150 UPR 4in Mega Catch Can Kit
    Is there a discount code?
    2013 FX2 Sport - - Tuxedo Black
    1982 Mustang street strip car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links