SECOND FRONT LICENSE PLATE ON 2012 ECOBOOST!!!! please please someone help

This is a discussion on SECOND FRONT LICENSE PLATE ON 2012 ECOBOOST!!!! please please someone help within the Introductions forums, part of the Ford F150 Ecoboost category; HELLO ALL, i need some opinions in a bad way. As i said i have had the truck for 2 weeks... over the past few ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: SECOND FRONT LICENSE PLATE ON 2012 ECOBOOST!!!! please please someone help

Ecoboost Sr Member wvutailgater's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

HELLO ALL, i need some opinions in a bad way. As i said i have had the truck for 2 weeks... over the past few years while seeing trucks on the road i said to myself i like those ecoboosts but do not like the plate off to the side. So i decided if i ever got one i would put a second plate on the passenger side. I know i seen this somewhere and kinda liked it. This was when i was told YOU CANT cover the intercooler hole under no circumstances (so out with the traditional plate idea)...I have noticed alot of you dont like badging/etc. but i do. I called the local ford garage shortly after i got my truck (also some research online). I explained i wanted a bracket to put on the passenger side and they ordered me one. So i got the pad off (breaking one of the clips) but there was no way it was going to fit. So i called back and he ordered a different type. Went to pick it up yesterday and he said before he even handed it to me that this doesn't look right either, but i said i would try it and bring it back if not. I haven't had time time to try it but i have my doubts. He said Ford used to make one but i have read elsewhere they never did. I found one truck online that wanted to do the same thing but ran into the same problem. He screwed it into the pad, and it looks good. My thing is i cant imagine we are the only 2 people in the world that wanted to do this! Keep in mind my state does not require a plate on the front but i wanted to put a WVU/Steeler plate on (im from the northeast)..

Sorry for the rambling, but can anyone anywhere give me opinion/experience on this. I really want to resolve this, its obviously not important and cosmetic, but its important to me
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    2012 FORD F-150 XLT ECOBOOST SUPERCREW 4X4. TUXEDO BLACK. TONNEAU COVER/FORD NERF BARS/3.5 L TWIN TURBO EMBLEMS ADDED

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3139 times
    The bumper pads are factory molded to the contours of the bumper and Ford only produced one specifically for the license plate, to be mounted on the driver's side (as you have already found out).
    My suggestion would be to remove the factory plate mount and put the normal bumper pad there so you have matching pads on the right and left sides of the CAC opening. Then mount your plates directly to the pads so that everything matches and looks uniform.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Member #
    Liked
    309 times
    Wait, so your state doesn't require a front plate and you want 2?!? My brain is hurting to try and understand... lol. To each is own!

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    I tried the same and bought another LP pad to incorporate on the pass side...didn't work. I then tried to find a drivers side bumper pad that they use for the 5.slows and could not find the part number to order, so I gave up. I am purchasing a winch bumper anyway.

AK4wheeler

Member #
    Liked
    2515 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodneytxps View Post
    Wait, so your state doesn't require a front plate and you want 2?!? My brain is hurting to try and understand... lol. To each is own!
    bingo! remove the OEM plate, replace the plate mount with a bumper pad from a truck with no front license plate and count your lucky stars that you don't have to mount a plate up front.
    2011 F150 Platinum screw 2WD 6.5' bed, 3.73 Max Tow pkg | Full Race FMIC | EPP catted downpipe | PowerStop Extreme | OEM Harley front end | Belltech 3/4 drop | Black Rhino Traverse 22" | built motor & EFR's coming soon...
    2018 Ford Transit XLT 12 passenger van 3.5 EB | stock for now...
    1992 Mustang 5.0 coupe bolt-on play thing.
    1964 1/2 Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car - OEM replica, collector car toy

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    LOL i know each is own... i am glad we dont have to have a state plate on the front but i always like having a plate (sports team etc) on the front and i thought this will def make my truck different. Thanks for your insight, if anyone else has a different solution please post... i am taking all under consideration. Thanks !
    2012 FORD F-150 XLT ECOBOOST SUPERCREW 4X4. TUXEDO BLACK. TONNEAU COVER/FORD NERF BARS/3.5 L TWIN TURBO EMBLEMS ADDED

Member #
    Liked
    5062 times
    13th Gen V8 with 12th Gen style

transmitted via iPhone 7 in Jet Black using Tapatalk the app
    http://www.leadingedgetuning.com 91 tune & 87 tow tune

2015 5.sL0w
    XTR trim
    Flowmaster DBX muffler
    exit rear tire with CORSA twin tips
    Hellwig rear ani-sway bar
    2" lift all around
    truck is so fast I had to install SYPPO
    tow mirrors 😹😹😹

Member #
    Liked
    532 times
    can not remember who did it

they built one that flips up when driving and really slow speeds it goes down, it was in front of his cac. something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Draw-Tite-Fol...+license+plate
    F*ck I-594.. I wont comply!
    2014 Eco scab xlt loaded 4x4, leather, Fullmetal Jacket bed liner, Weathertech mats, Bull Rings, Rigid R+ series foglights, 30" light bar, kicker upgrade, Door detents 3.0, Hellwig front/ rear bars

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I have another question regarding cosmetics. The ECOBOOST emblems on the door look like they have a plastic film on them ???? If so can it peeled off to look like true chrome. As I have said mine is a '12 in near new condition but U can tell the emblems are turning or the plastic is coming off ????? Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2623 times
    No it looks like brushed alum under it.
    2011 XLT Screw 6.5' Box, Tux Black, 4" BDS lift, 34" BFG KO2 tires, 18x8.5" +18 XD spy Wheels, PTM oem Flares. Rampage Slimline nerf bars. 5* Tuned 87 P/T.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links