Been here since January, finally bought one.

This is a discussion on Been here since January, finally bought one. within the Introductions forums, part of the Ford F150 Ecoboost category; As the tittle mentions I have been lurking here and posting over on Ford F150.com for nearly six months now and I finally got the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By etothen

Thread: Been here since January, finally bought one.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

As the tittle mentions I have been lurking here and posting over on Ford F150.com for nearly six months now and I finally got the deal I wanted on the truck I wanted and pulled the trigger day before yesterday. Storm Trooper white 2019 XLT 302A Sport 157" SCrew 3.5 EB, 3.55 locker, sport, Max Tow, Pro Trailer, integrated trailer brake, 36 gallon tank, Led spot lights, 20" rims, Tailgate step, power group.

So far, great truck, super comfortable, really quick for a truck, drives great, kids love it so much it has actually pissed my wife off. BlIS, I wanted it because I think the wiring harness it requires will make adding ACC and possibly LKA easier later, but it turns out to be great by itself.

Love the truck and to make all of that other stuff even better I got a great deal on it.

So $38,878 all in out the door, yeah!
    And my girls love it.

As for me, I am a practicing scientist, I and also a disabled vet who needed a truck to carry some stuff around a while being able to drive up to the top entrance of my house since I don't do stairs well anymore. I will be modifying my truck for comfort, maybe a stage one tuned for performance, and some stuff to make my life easier and increase my mobility enough I can get too and from physical therapy and the pool so I can work out.

And while it does not happen often here in the PNW, this\/\/ does happen every once in a while in the canyon I live in.

That is my Subaru WRX under there, needless to say it did not go anywhere that day. I went to bed at 1 am waiting to see if the weather was going to shift to snow but it was still just raining hard so I went to bed. I woke up at six to find it had stopped and 19" of snow had suddenly appeared. Truth be told I am not sure even the truck would get through it. It was 19" of Oregon concrete, 30% water by volume, sloppy, dripping wet and heavy as isht.

The WRX was boosted obviously, it was also tuned (305whp/396wtq) and I had new springs/struts/shocks/sways/bushings/brake pads/brake lines/brake fluid/Dirreza star specs/enke RPF1 rims on it, ugly rims, but they only weigh 13lbs/corner, changed the way the car drove nearly as much as the RCE/Bilstein setup. It was a fun car, but I am quite happy to have moved up to the bigger more comfortable truck that can tow other toys around.

Edit: It also looks like I have been lurking since December not January.
    Last edited by etothen; 04-20-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Kinguni and Rusty Shackleford like this.
    2019 3.5 EB 157" screw, XLT 302A, Nav, max tow, sport, Storm trooper white.

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    2867 times
    Sweet truck based on configuration.

Needs some pics to go with the data.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3941 times
    Welcome and nice having you. Looking forward to the truck pics, and any questions I’m always more than happy to help as are most.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Ecoboost Regular Rusty Shackleford's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Amazing OTD price. Congrats on the truck.
    2017 3.5

Member #
    Liked
    1711 times
    Congrats and welcome. Pics please.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Member #
    Liked
    458 times
    welcome fellow booster
    2015 CC FX4 l 3.55's l Raptor Style Grille l Level 2" l 305/60/18 on Vision Manics l Bilstein 4600's l Powerstop Z36's l AEM CAI l MSD Coils & SP-550 Plugs l Exhaust Tweaks l Tow Mirrors l Upgraded Trans Cooler(BCB Tunes Loaded) Towing - 28ft RV, Tandem Trailer w/Rock Crawler, Boat)

Sponsored Links