FullRace intercooler

FullRace intercooler

This is a discussion on FullRace intercooler within the Introductions forums, part of the Ford F150 Ecoboost category; I have a 2011 f150 fx4 with 96’000 miles, I had my coils and plugs replaced and I’m still having an issue. Since I have ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Envious
  • 1 Post By snakebitten
  • 1 Post By Envious

Thread: FullRace intercooler

Member #

FullRace intercooler

I have a 2011 f150 fx4 with 96’000 miles, I had my coils and plugs replaced and I’m still having an issue. Since I have an aftermarket intercooler I can’t drain it correct? Guys I apologize in advanced. I don’t know a whole lot about truck. Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    659 times
    You didn’t tell us the issue. Assuming you’re talking about the condensation shutter, you can remove it in about five minutes by removing the hood latch bolts and the two 3” clamps on bottom of each hot/cold side of the IC. You would then be able to see if there’s any abnormal residual build up. Take pictures of the inside if you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Ya shuddering issue. I checked the aftermarket intercooler and it’s not dirty. When the plugs and coils were replaced it seemed like everything was fixed. My turbo doesn’t whistle like it used too. I don’t rag the truck at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I could be wrong here, but the design of the Fullrace intercooler shouldn't be susceptible to condensation build-up. It is mounted high with the end tank pipe connections pointing down.
    I'm still on the stock intercooler and I make sure I give it the beans every few days to flush out any accumulation.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrashbo58 View Post
    I don’t rag the truck at all.
    I feel like this is an issue IMO. A lot of the guys that don't get on it I feel like have more issue. It may just not be heating it up enough for carbon burn off
    snakebitten and Blown F-150 like this.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3057 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious View Post
    I feel like this is an issue IMO. A lot of the guys that don't get on it I feel like have more issue. It may just not be heating it up enough for carbon burn off
    This is dangerously close to becoming my Ecoboost mantra.

Which currently, in summary, is FRESH clean oil, full operational temps (both oil and coolant), and pour coal to this thing often.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Envious likes this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    This is dangerously close to becoming my Ecoboost mantra.

Which currently, in summary, is FRESH clean oil, full operational temps (both oil and coolant), and pour coal to this thing often.

I feel like they are similar to diesels. They like to be under load and like their fresh fluids and their maintenance. Not necessarily abuse them but definitely don't baby them. There is some speculation as well, that soot and fuel in the oil causes the timing chain wear
    snakebitten likes this.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3057 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious View Post
    I feel like they are similar to diesels. They like to be under load and like their fresh fluids and their maintenance. Not necessarily abuse them but definitely don't baby them. There is some speculation as well, that soot and fuel in the oil causes the timing chain wear
    You said it even better.
    I love the diesel parallel. It's perfect.

Not that I want a 12-16 quart sump when it comes to oil changes, I can't help but wonder if it would benefit this motor for some of the exact same ways it does the diesel?

2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Sponsored Links