Beat price on mishimoto Intercooler

This is a discussion on Beat price on mishimoto Intercooler within the Stage 3 Motorsports forums, part of the Vendors category; Do these ever go on sale. What’s the best price...

Thread: Beat price on mishimoto Intercooler

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Do these ever go on sale. What’s the best price

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    What year truck?

The best I have seen for the older gen 1's is around $880 USD. I know there are a few folks on here hoping to purchase one in the near future. Perhaps a supporting vendor or someone from Mishimoto cares to do a group buy on these? I'd be in on one.
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    How do these compare to the rest of them? Wagnor...ect
    12' F-150 SCREW, FX4, 3.5TT, CRP Manifolds/SPD Turbo Adapters/MBRP Offroad DP/AFE Intake/170 tstat/CP-E intercooler, 3.73 gear, 33" Duratrac

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rds912 View Post
    Do these ever go on sale. What’s the best price
    Mishimoto has sales every once in a while, but your best bet for a deal, would be to call us directly at 623-434-5277.

Quote Originally Posted by Burns363R View Post
    How do these compare to the rest of them? Wagnor...ect
    We haven't had a Mishimoto intercooler on a truck as of yet, so everything is a bit theoretical. The Mishi intercooler is a bit larger than the ATP, but it is smaller than the Wagner. However, it is bar-plate and has that ducting (at least on the 2011-2014 version), so it may offer a bit better overall cooling than either option. However, since it is bar-plate, you'd probably get less through-flow than the Wagner, which could be an issue for towing crowd.

What we'd love to see from our dear friends at Mishimoto are improved drop-in radiators, drop-in trans coolers, and silicone radiator hose kits to help battle the overheating and leak issues that are cropping up on the 2011-2014 trucks.

@Mishimoto, I'm here for u, bby.

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    . However, since it is bar-plate, you'd probably get less through-flow than the Wagner, which could be an issue for towing crowd.
    How significant is this difference when towing? Everything I have read shows it has a much better pressure drop than stock intercooler, but not much data out there comparing to other intercoolers. I understand folks don't want to talk negatively about products, I am just looking for facts, they are both great alternatives to the factory intercooler. The drawback I have read about with the Wagner is it partially covers the trans cooler. In the end "overall" cooling might be a wash. Would you agree?

The Mishi offers a much more sleek design with air dflectors and a drain plug, so you have to look at the overall package as well.
    Last edited by DNA Dan; 07-13-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    1000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Dan View Post
    How significant is this difference when towing? Everything I have read shows it has a much better pressure drop than stock intercooler, but not much data out there comparing to other intercoolers.
    There's probably not a significant difference. Like I said, it's all technical and theory unless someone does a true datalogged head-to-head.

The drawback I have read about with the Wagner is it partially covers the trans cooler. In the end "overall" cooling might be a wash. Would you agree?
    While it does block a portion of the transmission cooler, I don't think it's significant enough to cause issues, especially considering plenty of trucks with unblocked transmission coolers are having heat problems.

Granted, if your truck's already having problems with heat, then it'll likely just exacerbate the situation.

Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    FWIW, I don't have a lot to compare it to, as I don't tow very frequently, but I do have the Mishimoto CAC and I just towed a car on an open trailer (about 7K lbs total) a couple of weeks ago over a few passes, though they weren't super high (from 800' to 4000' elevation gain), but the truck had zero problems towing up the hills in 4th gear at 65-70 MPH. I still had plenty power and no real heat soak and could accelerate more had I wanted to. Trans temps didn't go above 218* when I was monitoring going up grades.
    2013 F-150 SuperCrew FX4, Blue Flame Metallic - 3.55 gears - 5 Star tuned - Mishimoto CAC - UPR Mega CC - Mishimoto coolant reservoir - Expedition trans cooler - Bilstein 5100 shocks - F150Lifts 2.5" rear block - Osram CBIs - Morimoto LED fogs - Power Stop Z36 brakes - LED lights everywhere

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fastenova View Post
    FWIW, I don't have a lot to compare it to, as I don't tow very frequently, but I do have the Mishimoto CAC and I just towed a car on an open trailer (about 7K lbs total) a couple of weeks ago over a few passes, though they weren't super high (from 800' to 4000' elevation gain), but the truck had zero problems towing up the hills in 4th gear at 65-70 MPH. I still had plenty power and no real heat soak and could accelerate more had I wanted to. Trans temps didn't go above 218* when I was monitoring going up grades.
    What sort of IAT2 do you see when pulling? Same as ambient? Lower? Higher? Have you looked at the same data in 90+ degree weather?

Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    IIRC, IAT2 was generally 10-15* above ambient when under boost (roughly the same towing as when not towing!). Of course, cruising at vacuum or very low boost, the temps go up because you're not moving the air very fast but as soon as you load up the engine and open that throttle a little, the temps drop right away. And the IAT2 didn't go up much (maybe 20-25* over ambient?) when pulling up the grades.

Full disclosure though, I wasn't really paying super close attention to the temps for logging purposes, I was just occasionally checking to make sure all the numbers looked within the normal range (I monitor spark advance, ECT, boost, IAT, IAT2, and a few other items).
    2013 F-150 SuperCrew FX4, Blue Flame Metallic - 3.55 gears - 5 Star tuned - Mishimoto CAC - UPR Mega CC - Mishimoto coolant reservoir - Expedition trans cooler - Bilstein 5100 shocks - F150Lifts 2.5" rear block - Osram CBIs - Morimoto LED fogs - Power Stop Z36 brakes - LED lights everywhere

Sponsored Links