What Ecoboost problems have you seen? - Page 2

What Ecoboost problems have you seen?

This is a discussion on What Ecoboost problems have you seen? within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by Stagger Lee Only problem I have is traction. X2 even with the wide tires SSI TUNED!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What Ecoboost problems have you seen?

Ecoboost Veteran Carolina_Boostin's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    Only problem I have is traction.
    X2 even with the wide tires

SSI TUNED!
    2012 XLT Ecoboost 4x4

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vozaday View Post
    Wait, what do you have?
    Voz, I'm here on Ecoboost forum researching them, learning all I can. This forum and other F150 forums has helped me decide that my NEXT truck, not the one I have now, will be an Ecoboost. My current truck is the one in my avatar. It's a '15.
    ford4thot likes this.
    That old man, he don't think like no old man.
    "He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
    "I thought I was wrong one time, but I was mistaken." Command Sergeant Major Jim
    Your = Is that your truck? Possessive.
    You're = You are. E.g., You're a nice old boy, and I like your truck.
    '15 Platinum Supercrew, 3.5, 3:31 differential, 4x4, White, comes when you call it.

Member #
    Liked
    2535 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyGene View Post
    Voz, I'm here on Ecoboost forum researching them, learning all I can. This forum and other F150 forums has helped me decide that my NEXT truck, not the one I have now, will be an Ecoboost. My current truck is the one in my avatar. It's a '15.
    Ok, sounds good, was just curious. I had thought you had already had one by some of your posts. Just caught me off guard is all.

You totally have to get a picture of your new truck with the old. 100years apart. I did the same thing but with my son and his great great (great?) aunt. Lol
    2013 F150 FX4 Appearance Loaded Eco. w/Max Tow. Level lift with 305/55r20 Open Country ATII Extremes. Rear Raptor Shocks. 5 Star Tuned/X4. Wagner Intercooler. AFE Stage 2 Intake. RX Catch Can/UPR CSS. Boost-Bars Raptoid Grille. 30" Hanning LED Bar. Rigid Backup Lights. JW Speaker Fogs. GlowShift Boost Gauge. Remote Access.

1971 Mustang Grande 351C

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    I love my Eco, in fact I like it a lot more than the 7.3 powerstroke I had before it. I do have the driveline/transmission mount shudder issue which Ford is refusing to fix. It pisses me off but not enough to get rid of the truck because everything else about it is so great. I have 6,600mi and have averaged 14.9mpg during that time which is 98% city driving under 25mph. I also have a few hundred miles of towing in there as well. I can easily average 20-21mpg hwy. After owning diesel trucks and now this one I would never, ever consider a naturally aspirated engine; there just isn't a comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 F150 XLT Screw 6.5 4x4 Ecoboost

Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    11,000 miles in 3.5 months with about a third of those towing across the Rockies and cascades. Had the fuel in oil tsb repair done under warranty which solved the problem in about 3 hours at the dealer. Love the truck and wouldn't trade it for anything on the market in a 1/2, 3/4, or one ton. Tows great and meets my needs for a work and personal truck perfectly.
    2014 Screw XLT, 4x4, Max tow, Short box, Andersen WDH, Powerstops

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    I have a 2014 4x4 with 6.5' bed and have about 20,000 miles now. Bought last summer. I had the transmission moaning issue but there was a tsb to fix that and I'm sure that issue is resolved on newer models. Other than that it's been great. My lifetime average MPG is 16.2 right now. During summer when I reset one of the trip meters it averages a little over 17 and I'm not easy on the pedal. Daily driver with about 20 minutes highway and 15 minutes back road each way to work.
    2014 F-150 XLT EcoBoost 4x4 with 302A Equipment Package

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Sometimes I bang the back of my head
    2012 4x4 screw. 3.55 gears. 2 inch HBS level. Fuel Trophy wheels with 33 inch T/A KO's. LET 91 Tune

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Okay, back on topic: I don't YET have an Ecoboost, and glad the forum let me on! Research, research, then some more reading about Ecoboost engines. In all of my reading, the only seeming real issue I've come across is the timing chain being a bit long and sometimes stretching causing problems. That was until trucks built after 10/10/14 from a TSB I found. In other words boys, I'm thinking Ecoboost is the way to go. Gas mileage schmileage, hey, we can have either eco or boost! There is a choice with Ecoboost! Just yesterday I drove a '15 Lariat 5.0, then on same route, drove Ecoboost 3.5 - a real difference! Ecoboost got me around some traffic I needed to pass to make an exit off interstate. 5.0 is a fantastic engine, but it won't move like the Ecoboost! Wait, this thread is supposed to be about problems... I reckon every man made thingamabob will have issues...
    That old man, he don't think like no old man.
    "He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
    "I thought I was wrong one time, but I was mistaken." Command Sergeant Major Jim
    Your = Is that your truck? Possessive.
    You're = You are. E.g., You're a nice old boy, and I like your truck.
    '15 Platinum Supercrew, 3.5, 3:31 differential, 4x4, White, comes when you call it.

Member #
    Liked
    812 times
    I think your only problem now is you don't own it yet

Member #
    I have a 2014 (Dec/14 purchase) F150 Ecoboost, 2600 miles. Having an engine miss and surge on cold engine idle; dealer replaced low-pressure fuel pump in the gas tank, which did not fix the problem. Now, additionally, I have engine surging (strong/weak/strong, etc.) cycling on warm engine acceleration -- it is causing poorly timed shifting. Not an operational problem, but I know it's not right. Dealer says, "Huh! I can't feel it, you need to put more miles on it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links