I am onto my 3rd Ecoboost truck now. I've had the following go wrong.
2011 F-150 Eco #1 Bought New.
- CAC stumble/miss fixed with TSB
- Pass speaker cut out from water in door - never fixed.
2011 F-150 Eco #2 Bought Used (60,000km)
- Timing chain rattle/failure. (came back after repair)
- Alternator replaced.
- CAC fail/stumble miss fixed with TSB
- Coil and Plug replacement.
- Fuel in Oil TSB
- New catalytic converter
- Traded this thing for my 2014...
2014 F-150 Eco #3 Bought New
- bubbles in paint in drivers rocker.
- body shop got clearcoat spray all over drivers side (ugghhh)
- Steering wheel clock spring failure and SCCM circuit failure. Waiting on replacement parts.
I still like my truck.