Raptor transmission mount question

This is a discussion on Raptor transmission mount question within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Hi everyone, I am a new forum member as well as a recent ecoboost owner. I bought a used '13 screw with the 6.5' bed....I ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Raptor transmission mount question

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Hi everyone, I am a new forum member as well as a recent ecoboost owner. I bought a used '13 screw with the 6.5' bed....I love the truck with the exception of the vibration, shake, whatever you want to call it at take of with a load in the bed of the truck. I can even feel it with just my dirt bike in the bed. I've seen the YouTube videos and read a lot of forum topics on the subject and it seems a lot of people are saying the raptor trans mount is the cure for this. I may have skipped over it in a different thread so I appoligize if it has been covered but my question is what year raptor trans mount is everyone using and also my dealer said they list a two mounts, one for trans with hill assist and one without that feature. My XLT does not have that feature but I wanted to ask.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Anyone? I'd like to get this ordered to hopefully resolve my issue but the dealer asked me for what year raptor mount people are using
    Island rocker likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    P/N: AL3Z6068B is the one that fit on my 2012 5.5' bed 1 piece drive shaft. Not sure on the hill descent...

FWIW I didn't have the shudder, but I had the clunk, this didn't help.

2012 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost 4x4, 3.31 Rear, 5.5 Box, Ingot Silver Metallic
    -Fox 2.0 Coilovers, Icon UCA's, Billstein 5100 Rears, Roadmaster Active Suspension
    -Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/70R17, Pro-Comp 7032 17x9 -6 Offset
    -SCT x4 w/ Custom 91 Tune, S&B CAI w/ Dry Filter, Wagner CAC, Turbosmart BPV's, Full Race Catch Can, Solo Catted Downpipes, 3" custom catback
    -DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky Liners, Raptor Tans Mount, Silverstar Ultra Bulbs,
    F150Ecoboost.net Decal

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    ^^^ That's the one I used on my 2013.

For me, it was preventative. I had no vibration, but figured that it might appear if the original sloppy mount were allowed to stay.
    Pax.

- Marvin

Member #
    Liked
    281 times
    It has been discussed several times/places that this mount will not completely cure the problem.

Yes, it seems to reinforce it somewhat, but many think that the vibrations are coming from excessively soft motor/trans/transfer case mounts. Get under your truck and grab the transfer case and shake it...you'll be quite surprised how much it'll make everything move around. Now do you think that taking out your trans mount and replacing with a raptor mount is going to solve that "looseness" that you felt when shaking the transfer case and all? That is for you to decide.

I personally decided to just deal with the vibrations and have come to not even really notice it anymore
    2014 F150 Super Crew Lariat 4x4 w/Ecoboost - White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat w/Adobe Interior - RX Monster Catch Can - 1.5" Auto Spring Level - 5 Star 93 Perf Tune - Diamond Eye 3.5" Stainless Exhaust System w/4.5" Tip - Full Race v2 Front Mount Intercooler - Resonated Offroad Downpipes

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    I think it's the super soft rear leafs. Axle wrap causing pinion angles to go wonky, hence the shudder. The longer wheelbase means longer 2 pc driveshaft and hence more intense vibration, usually hear this issue mostly with supercrew 6.5' bed models.

The 2015's seem to have a dampener or something on the t case now.
    Mike Wood likes this.
    -Fox 2.0 Coilovers, Icon UCA's, Billstein 5100 Rears, Roadmaster Active Suspension
    -SCT x4 w/ Custom 91 Tune, S&B CAI w/ Dry Filter, Wagner CAC, Turbosmart BPV's, Full Race Catch Can, Solo Catted Downpipes, 3" custom catback
    -DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky Liners, Raptor Tans Mount, Silverstar Ultra Bulbs,
    F150Ecoboost.net Decal

Member #
    Liked
    281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by norcal_ecoscrew View Post
    I think it's the super soft rear leafs. Axle wrap causing pinion angles to go wonky, hence the shudder. The longer wheelbase means longer 2 pc driveshaft and hence more intense vibration, usually hear this issue mostly with supercrew 6.5' bed models.

The 2015's seem to have a dampener or something on the t case now.
    Cool, makes me want to go check out the '15s even more now. AS I pull into the dealership and the salesman approaches: "Good morning sir, are you interested in the 2015 F150?"...Me: "Somewhat...I just want to look underneath and see this dampener and I'll be on my way" Him: "What's a dampener??"

Haha, joking aside you're right. Several members reported that installing the Roadmaster Active Suspension thing-a-ma-bob helped with the vibrations and hopping as well.
    2014 F150 Super Crew Lariat 4x4 w/Ecoboost - White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat w/Adobe Interior - RX Monster Catch Can - 1.5" Auto Spring Level - 5 Star 93 Perf Tune - Diamond Eye 3.5" Stainless Exhaust System w/4.5" Tip - Full Race v2 Front Mount Intercooler - Resonated Offroad Downpipes

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wood View Post
    Cool, makes me want to go check out the '15s even more now. AS I pull into the dealership and the salesman approaches: "Good morning sir, are you interested in the 2015 F150?"...Me: "Somewhat...I just want to look underneath and see this dampener and I'll be on my way" Him: "What's a dampener??"

Haha, joking aside you're right. Several members reported that installing the Roadmaster Active Suspension thing-a-ma-bob helped with the vibrations and hopping as well.
    I've been happy with mine, helped with some of the slop/clunking in my drive train. But the handling/traction/load carrying improvements make the it worth it alone.

Problem I'm having now is that my RAS has gotten dirty since installed and it's really squeaky and noisy now. I'll have to take it all off and clean and lube real well when I have time.
    F150Ecoboost.net Decal

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by norcal_ecoscrew View Post
    I've been happy with mine, helped with some of the slop/clunking in my drive train. But the handling/traction/load carrying improvements make the it worth it alone.

Problem I'm having now is that my RAS has gotten dirty since installed and it's really squeaky and noisy now. I'll have to take it all off and clean and lube real well when I have time.
    I have the RAS for a 2013 6.5 bed if anyone would like to try that method.

Member #
    Liked
    1078 times
    I have a 2014 screw 6.5' bed and have never noticed a shutter, even with a substantial load in the truck(1200 lbs of wood pellets enough?). Its possible that the springs are the issue because I do have max tow which i think has slightly stiffer springs. I have also put bags in the back but that was around 10000 miles and well after I put some bigger loads in the back.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links