Battery saver- system off please start truck! - Page 10

Battery saver- system off please start truck!

This is a discussion on Battery saver- system off please start truck! within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by Mr B 11ish? WOW my alt voltage stays between 14-14.5 sometimes it'll go to upper 13's no matter what load. Is this ...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Battery saver- system off please start truck!

Member #
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    11ish? WOW my alt voltage stays between 14-14.5 sometimes it'll go to upper 13's no matter what load. Is this normal?
    I recall mine always showing 14 too. I just figured it is because the alternator is on at that time. After driving a while im guessing it drops.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1091 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WooBoost View Post
    I recall mine always showing 14 too. I just figured it is because the alternator is on at that time. After driving a while im guessing it drops.
    Mine pretty much stays there. Was thinking one time that when it was running higher voltage I was getting better mpg cause sometimes on same trips mpg was would be around 2 mpg different (same conditions) and noticed one time voltage was higher with better mpg and less when fluctuating in upper 13's and lower 14's . Just my dumb thinking I guess lol

2013 F150 Supercrew Lariat+ | Kodiac Brown | 4X4 | 502A | Tow | 3.55 E-Locker | SCT X4 5* 93per/tow | Michelin Defender LTX M/S 285/60R20 | PowerStop slotted-drilled front and back rotors W/ Z36 pads | Bilsteins 5100's X4 |Hellwig rear Anti-Sway Bar | Firestone Ride-Rite Rear Airbags (5000) | Air Lift WirelessAIR On-Board Air Compressor (7200) | AMP Research Power Step | spray in bed liner | HID lights | full LED | aFePower diff. Cover | 3.0 door detent | DeeZee TGA | Retrax Pro Cover | Rugged Ridge FM | UPR Billet Emblems | aFePower 4"X12" black exhaust tip | OEM Rear Wheel Well Liners | Westin Contour bull bar | Rigid Industries D-Series D2 LED Lights | Trail Ridge Tow Mirrors | raptor grill lights | SnapRest armrest | TrailFX window vents/hood protector | 35% tint | My Build https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/1...-counting.html

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3622 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I dunno if the newer ones are better, but 11-14 got lots of issues with the battery warnings.
    Lots of ppl have replaced alternators and batteries, and still end up with the same problem.
    By unplugging the BMS sensor, the system falls back to using the voltage regulator, keeping the battery happily charged.
    I haven't had any battery warnings, but I have noticed a few very slow starts this winter. The truck is a 16 with 45000 miles. But, on those days it was around 15 to 20 degrees, mind you.

I have very little experience with temperatures that low. I don't know if that is getting cold enough for it to be normal with a good battery.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    15 to 20 degrees? Sounds warm. I get low battery every single time I turn my vehicle off. Never had any issues with starting, but I think I am going to pull the plug due to never having a radio with the truck off.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3622 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobRoss View Post
    15 to 20 degrees? Sounds warm.
    No, not in the least.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    milesej05 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Just do it.
    I'm not even a part of this conversation, but I feel ashamed of myself. I'm going out and unplug mine now.

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    How ironic, my truck just started doing this when I turn it off. It only has 36k on it, but it sits in the garage more than it runs, looks like I'm going to try Noodles' trick. Thanks guys.
    2013 FX4 Eco w/ appearance package. AMP Research Power Steps, Dee Zee tailgate assist

Member #
    Liked
    817 times
    I dunno if the newer ones are better, but 11-14 got lots of issues with the battery warnings.
    Lots of ppl have replaced alternators and batteries, and still end up with the same problem.
    By unplugging the BMS sensor, the system falls back to using the voltage regulator, keeping the battery happily charged.
    I did it today.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    noodles likes this.
    2013 Red supercrew 4x4 XLT w/ chrome package. SCT X4 tuner currently running E30 Unleashed custom tune. NKG Spark Plug-one heat range cooler. 285/65 R18 Revo2 tires. Hellwig 5100 rear sway bar. P3 Brake Controller. Truck box and tonneau. Air dam on! Removed air fins. Amsoil. Mizzou and Cardinals decals. Can't stop the Coletrain Baby! https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/10...not-build.html

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coletrain View Post
    I did it today.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Well hopefully noodles is now satisfied. I have had mine unplugged for months now, thanks noodles. I understand the concept but it wasn't designed very good. I would get that warning after shutting my truck and and grabbing my lunch bag and jacket and it was already dinging at me. I have a full light bar and the fact that tonight it's gonna be low of 7, I will take a fully charged battery.

2014 Eco Screw 6.5ft 4x4

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
    coletrain likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Hold up. You can unplug something to defeat the BMS? It's not in software? I need this procedure. Long story short there are a bunch of issues with my 2017 that I know to be caused by the damned battery monitoring and proved it to Ford with FORScan but the nerds still tell me there's nothing wrong.

Example: hey uh Auto stop start hasn't worked for two months.
    Ok we looked it's fine and Auto start stop works.
    I drive a week. No no it doesn't work.
    Yes it does.
    Two more moths. Still doesn't work.
    Want to schedule an appointment?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    17' Lariat 3.5L EB 10spd - 502A - 3.55 - Max Tow - 36gal - FX4 - TPMR - Old Man Step - Chrome pkg - iBoard 5" Silver - Weather Tech Mats F/R - Gator Tri-Fold - BedTred Ultra - Ford Rear Liners - The Stubby - Thinkware X550 DashCam

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Sponsored Links