Poor Mileage issue on my F150 Ecoboost - Help Please - Page 14

Poor Mileage issue on my F150 Ecoboost - Help Please

This is a discussion on Poor Mileage issue on my F150 Ecoboost - Help Please within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; I think Somebody needs to call mythbusters and settle the matter...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Poor Mileage issue on my F150 Ecoboost - Help Please

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1091 times
    I think Somebody needs to call mythbusters and settle the matter
    winchested likes this.

2013 F150 Supercrew Lariat+ | Kodiac Brown | 4X4 | 502A | Tow | 3.55 E-Locker | SCT X4 5* 93per/tow | Michelin Defender LTX M/S 285/60R20 | PowerStop slotted-drilled front and back rotors W/ Z36 pads | Bilsteins 5100's X4 |Hellwig rear Anti-Sway Bar | Firestone Ride-Rite Rear Airbags (5000) | Air Lift WirelessAIR On-Board Air Compressor (7200) | AMP Research Power Step | spray in bed liner | HID lights | full LED | aFePower diff. Cover | 3.0 door detent | DeeZee TGA | Retrax Pro Cover | Rugged Ridge FM | UPR Billet Emblems | aFePower 4"X12" black exhaust tip | OEM Rear Wheel Well Liners | Westin Contour bull bar | Rigid Industries D-Series D2 LED Lights | Trail Ridge Tow Mirrors | raptor grill lights | SnapRest armrest | TrailFX window vents/hood protector | 35% tint | My Build https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/1...-counting.html

Member #
    Liked
    329 times
    I hear Yugo's sip hardly any gas at all, regardless of tire size...
    Elmore328 likes this.
    2014 F150 XLT Supercab, 3.5L EB, 3.73 axle, Max Tow Package, HD Payload Package (8200 GVWR), Kicker audio upgrade, wheel well liners, and trying to figure out how to squeeze in a CB and scanner...

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3618 times
    My mileage tanks at 70 mph and especially higher.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jibtechwarrior View Post
    Who is crying? If you don't care, don't post...This is a MPG thread. You guys are salty as **** today. Must have synced up your periods.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by jibtechwarrior View Post
    Dude, consider poor OP. Buys a bone stock truck, gets garbage mileage no matter what he does. Comes here and gets the same regurgitated old man rhetoric that it's his driving habits or 2mm larger tires accounting for a 7mpg loss (even though he explicitly stated he drives with an eggshell under his foot) but heaven forbid anyone has any helpful criticism for him.

It is **** what Ford did with these motors. I feel for guys like OP, to never have an answer and be stuck with a hog that gets 13mpg on the highway, while others chime and boast about their 22mpg...well good for them, but there are lots of us out there scratching our heads and literally paying for it at the pump.

These people have a right to *****, and to seek help. If you can't help then what the **** are you doing berating people having issues with their rigs. That is what this forum is for.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I'm going to post these two recent quotes of yours so you can hopefully see the irony of your own contradictory statements.

And to add a rebuttal to your own pantaloon's twisted, menstrual cycle inspired, rant: Plenty of us offered helpful criticism to the multitude of "OP's" in this thread. Not a single one of us "berated" anyone either. As previously stated, the majority of the people are new members that purchased an EcoBoost, thinking that it was just a V6 and would get the incredible gas mileage of an XL SCab 2WD truck that the EPA based their window sticker ratings came from. Then they go and add modifications to their truck and want to know why their specific truck is getting worse mileage than what they thought.
    As for you and your lack of mileage goes, I don't have a definitive answer for you. What I offered was a logical explanation as to why your HEAVY ASS, MODIFIED TRUCK isn't getting you the mileage that you think you should be getting. Hopefully you can sort it out and figure out what's "wrong" with it. Or maybe you can trade off that POS that Ford screwed you over with and get a Chebby, a Goat, or a Yota and move on to one of their forums.
    MMCdude, snakebitten and Mr B like this.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3229 times

I am a member on a lot of forums, but this one is like my home-forum.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I'm enjoying the 19-19.5 mpg of my '14 XLT SCrew 5.5' 2WD 3.15 gears with mixed suburb/highway. All stock.

Member #
    I used to enjoy 21 mpg.... until one day i was driving and the truck shuddered and the service engine soon light came on and went to limp home mode. Pulled over. Turned the truck off then on and everything cleared and drove fine except the gas mileage was down to 15 mpg. Drove straight to the dealer and they couldnt pull a code. Told me my plugs were shot and replaced them. Mileage never returned. A month later i blew a sensor and they replaced a harness. Said that was my mileage issue. No luck... had a mechanic update the pcm... for 3 days mileage was normal then back to 15. Back to mechanic, and he said he could see my fuel trim levels were jacked. Said he reset them. For 2 days it was perfect... then back to 15. Its been over a year now. Been to countless mechanics and no one can figure out why my mileage is garbage.

New plugs
    New sensor
    Updated PCM (twice)
    Intake to turbos replaced... found oily residue
    Fuel trim levels reset

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Sponsored Links