Clock Flashes/Radio Inop - Page 2

Clock Flashes/Radio Inop

This is a discussion on Clock Flashes/Radio Inop within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; I just need to find a local shop. Any idea what they did to fix it?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I just need to find a local shop. Any idea what they did to fix it?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mtucker636 View Post
    No problem. When I first started having issues it might happen once a month. Then it was once every 2 weeks then every week to every couple of days. Undoubtedly it will get worse and worse, I stretched mine out for a good 6 months before it was starting to become consistent problem. I did look on ebay for a used radio. There were a few that would have fit and were a little cheaper but having mine fixed got me a 1 year warranty so that was worth the few extra bucks to me.
    IT is happening more and more often now. The smack to the faceplate (AKA Fonzi style) brings it back up and running

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I️ had this issue pop up a few months ago. Thought I️ was going to have to replace the radio. Turns out it was caused by a short in a speaker connection. I️ upgraded the speakers a couple years ago and used those connectors that make it easy to use the oem plug. Since the easy connectors were not weather sealed they ended up corroding and shorting out. Soldered everything up the right way and took care of the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current - 2015 F-150 5.0 Lariat SCREW 4WD
    Sold - 2011 F-150 EB 3.5 XLT SCAB 4WD

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Any update on the inop radio? I just bought my truck 2 weeks ago. Radio worked fine on test drive, go to leave the dealership and nothing but flashing time and 6 circles flash (assuming for 6 disk changer). It was after hours so everyone left as I was leaving and nobody to help, at first I thought it was me. If I smack the front sometimes the am/FM will flash or I can turn the volume dial for a split second then it's gone again. The dealership said they would fix it since it happend before I even left the parking lot that night but now it's hard to even get someone on the phone and its over an hour away and I feel like they will try to put a cheap aftermarket radio in. If they even hold true to their word on fixing it because the guy hasn't called me back in over a week and wont answer his phone. The check engine light came on for a misfire cylinder 1 on the way home (less than 80 miles I put on it) so I replaced the coil and plugs and just got to doing that and I've now had it just over 2 weeks, which is why I feel like they're ignoring me now because i took too long to come back but I didn't want to drive 80+ miles one way with a misfire. So it looks like I may be fixing the radio myself. Any suggestions/info would be appreciated because its definitely not like replacing the radio in one of my old hondas with how the stock look is in these trucks so I would like to remain with a stock radio.

Member #
    To be honest, you can do the work yourself. I just had the same issue with my radio and spent ~$140 on an aftermarket headunit on Crutchfield. The job only takes the removal of 6 bolts and wiring up the new harness (which Crutchfield can do for an additional $29).

I got this radio for $100 scratch & dent. Was flawless when I opened the box.
    https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158WX9...0BT.html?avf=Y

Member #
    Thanks for the info. Do you know what install kit you used? I feel like its going to be hard to match a gloss or flat black one to the "matrix" looking finish on the stock face plate.

Member #
    I used the Metra 95-5820 Dash Kit (Matte Black). It doesn't have the same textured look as the stock face plate, but matches the interior fine. I opted out for the steering wheel controls because it added another $60 to total, and the radio I linked comes with a handsfree kit. No need for Sync.
    2013 F150 XL SuperCrew 3.5L 4x4

Member #
    Thanks for the info! That's probably what I'll end up doing but hopefully the dealership stays true to their word. Which at this point is highly doubtful (havent called me back for a week). I guess I'll cancel my powertrain warranty I paid 3k for and the 1k gap insurance so they'll lose 4k and ill go through my insurance provider for gap. Can't believe their customer service is this horrible.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    My radio popped and is now INOP
    CL3T-19C158-AC

Called United Radio and they said it would be $240 plus tax and shipping to fix it.

Ended up buying the Maestro RR and Fo1 kits along with the SCOSCHE bezel and a Pioneer MVH-300EX Double Din for $320 total.

I was perfectly happy with the factory sync but I am not paying that much to fix a factory radio.

Member #
    Liked
    2612 times
    You won't be disappointed with an aftermarket head unit. Won't get the bass kill off after half volume. Can't wait for mine to die!
    2011 XLT Screw 6.5' Box, Tux Black, 4" BDS lift, 34" BFG KO2 tires, 18x8.5" +18 XD spy Wheels, PTM oem Flares. Rampage Slimline nerf bars. 5* Tuned 87 P/T.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links