F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2013 FX4 crewcab with the ecoboost engine. I absolutely love the truck and the power but I am having two issues. one is that the gas mileage is worse than my 99 4x4 suburban at around 10mpg. But the bigger issue is that when the truck is good and warmed up (110 degrees outside and after driving for a good 20 minutes). I start getting a hesitation when I stop and then start again. For example. I stop at a stop sign to cross a 4-5 lane street, 0 mph, transmission in 1st, waiting for a break in traffic. I get a break, I floor it. I then idle across 3 or 4 lanes and then it suddenly kicks in. I have been in numerous close calls because the truck just sat there. I have taken it to a Ford Dealership where they charged me $460 for some work that did nothing. I picked up the truck and immediately reproduced the issue. I took it back and they wouldnt look at it. The said that I should drive it for 1000 miles for the computer to re-learn my driving habits. They stated "Flat spot on take off when hot is normal" This is not a flat spot and I wont tell you what I think of their responses. anyways, I played their game and took it and drove it for 1000 miles. I took it back today and told the same service manager that it was still having the same issues and asked if he would take a drive while it was hot enough to reproduce the issue. He said "No, I will get to it later" which means it will cool down and there will be no issue. Can someone please give me an idea of what I can do here?

Thanks,
Roark

Take it to a different dealership.
Also there's something going on if you're only getting 10 mpgs. With my old 13 4x4 crew cab, 2" lift and 34" tires lowest I'd ever see was 13 mpgs and that was driving like a fool stomping on the pedal at every light.
As for the hesitation, sounds like heat soak.

I'd start with changing your plugs then cleaning the three sensors, also make sure you're running a good quality high octane fuel.

Traded in the ol [emoji90] [emoji403]
2013 F 150 ecoboost 4x4 xlt crew cab

For a
2017 2.7 ecoboost xl Sport crew cab 4x2
[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Craptalk

To add to what @Sirikenewtron said, do a KAM reset and maybe try to perform the throttle re-calibration procedure too.

Reactions: Sirikenewtron
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.