2011 Ecoboost stall on warm restart - Page 2

2011 Ecoboost stall on warm restart

This is a discussion on 2011 Ecoboost stall on warm restart within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Record your symptoms on a video and go to a different stealership. 2012 screw 3.5L...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 2011 Ecoboost stall on warm restart

Member #
    Liked
    365 times
    Record your symptoms on a video and go to a different stealership.

2012 screw 3.5L

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Bad part is that I have been driving it trying to get it to fail or finally throw a code but that’s obviously not working but getting worse with time

Member #
    I was wondering if this is the same as my problem. I drive it like 30 miles and then let it sit for maybe 20-30 minutes and restart it. Idles really rough when I restart it and has little power. If I can finally get it to rev up then the problem goes away. I been getting low fuel pressure codes on mine recently. I took it to a shop but they couldn't find anything wrong with the fuel system when they check the pressures. They gave up and said I should take it to a dealer.
    Last edited by firefo2026; 03-09-2018 at 02:14 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by firefo2026 View Post
    I was wondering if this is the same as my problem. I drive it like 30 miles and then let it sit for maybe 20-30 minutes and restart it. Idles really rough when I restart it and has little power. If I can finally get it to rev up then the problem goes away. I been getting low fuel pressure codes on mine recently. I took it to a shop but they couldn't find anything wrong with the fuel system when they check the pressures. They gave up and said I should take it to a dealer.
    Sounds very similar! If you let it go and not try to rev it up will it stall? If so I’d say it’s the same. If not it might be the same thing just at the early stages. I’ve been trying to solve this for well over a year. It has become worse with time but whatever is causing it will not fail completely. I believe it is something with a certain part thermo cycling but haven’t been able to track it down yet!!!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I’m hoping to find some time to work on it again this weekend and see if I can get any new data or clues. Bad thing is that it takes about an hour for each cycle so it’s not a fast process. Going to start with a fresh slate and change out plugs with fresh ones again to absolutely rule that out. May even change out the battery beings I have a spare from a work truck. Fresh clean spark and pretty fresh steady voltage and start rechecking everything from there. I will have my phone ready to take video and my diagnostic computer hooked up reading live data.

Gold Supporting Member TX-Ripper's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1028 times
    If you guys do plugs, make sure to use stock motor craft gapped to .028-.030 (feeler gauge) and replace the spark plug boots.
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid

Current: 2018 F150 5.0 4x4 Platinum Screw 3.31 Gears Whipple Supercharged 754rwhp 616rwtq : Remote Dyno Tuned with HPtuners by Palm Beach Dyno
    Sold: 2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Screw Platinum 3.55 Full-Race GT Turbos, Intercooler, Downpipes
    Link to my YouTube Channel - Dyno videos, Racing ect: https://shorturl.at/epIMY
    Link to my Build Thread: https://shorturl.at/cdqtE

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstman View Post
    Sounds very similar! If you let it go and not try to rev it up will it stall? If so I’d say it’s the same. If not it might be the same thing just at the early stages. I’ve been trying to solve this for well over a year. It has become worse with time but whatever is causing it will not fail completely. I believe it is something with a certain part thermo cycling but haven’t been able to track it down yet!!!
    It dies (if that is the same thing as stalls) every once in a while, but not all the time. It mainly just will sit there idling rough and not have any power and won't hardly rev up. If it dies then it does take a long time to start up again. I also changed out my spark plugs not long ago so I doubt that is my issue.

You said you had the HPFP changed out and that didn't fix it?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by firefo2026 View Post
    It dies (if that is the same thing as stalls) every once in a while, but not all the time. It mainly just will sit there idling rough and not have any power and won't hardly rev up. If it dies then it does take a long time to start up again. I also changed out my spark plugs not long ago so I doubt that is my issue.

You said you had the HPFP changed out and that didn't fix it?
    Yes, my dealership said it was a fuel pressure issue and with this fuel setup the pressure is regulated by the HPFP so I had them replace it and it is still doing the same thing and getting worse over time.

Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstman View Post
    Yes, my dealership said it was a fuel pressure issue and with this fuel setup the pressure is regulated by the HPFP so I had them replace it and it is still doing the same thing and getting worse over time.
    Have you tried priming the system prior to start up?
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Member #
    Liked
    309 times
    It does sound like a fuel issue.

However, maybe the throttle body itself. I have seen lots of issues with them, some with and some without codes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links