2014 3.5L Internal Motor Damage - Page 6

2014 3.5L Internal Motor Damage

This is a discussion on 2014 3.5L Internal Motor Damage within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; To prevent movement, you should find a spot where you can screw the nut against the face of the IC. Then you can jam the ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 2014 3.5L Internal Motor Damage

Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    To prevent movement, you should find a spot where you can screw the nut against the face of the IC. Then you can jam the nuts together and the only direction it can move is if it falls out. It's like a mini BOV !
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    883 times
    When the valve opens wouldn’t it be like a 3/16 th hole in the cac?

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3987 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EcoXLT View Post
    When the valve opens wouldn’t it be like a 3/16 th hole in the cac?
    Kind of big if so ehh?

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    No the 3/16" hole is to insert the Presta into the Intercooler. Actual size of the hole that air passes through the Presta Valve may be 1/16" or less, not big at all, just enough to let air with goo get by. I have attached a few photos to show the size of the valve and in this case the Valve has a removable core (for filling with Sealant) when used in a "Tubeless" system. This is what I have used.

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  brass-tubeless-presta-valve-stem-core-removal.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  17.9 KB

Name:  tu404b00.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  40.6 KB

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Make me nervous reading discussions like this ;-) Anyway, I'm at around 95,000 miles now (2014 / purchased new) and either I've been lucky or I've done everything right so far. Mine still runs very strong and so far I haven't had any engine problems other than a coolant leak near the turbo after a multi hour highway drive with outside temps over 100 F (cooling fans race and are very loud in that case ;-)). I don't do anything special. I added the tiny weep hole in the CAC maybe 40k miles ago (don't remember when exactly). I have used Pennzoil Platinum synthetic oil since the first oil change and I change it around 4k miles. I occasionally run some fuel injector cleaner in the tank (not often, only really did it a few times but I should do it more often). Mix of highway and back road driving to/from work and some long highway trips on vacation. I don't baby it, but I also don't beat it (I don't like to rev the engine too high, but now and then wind it up to 5k or so). I normally use 87 octane gas. I haven't noticed any loss of power when going WOT. I've changed the spark plugs twice. I've ran some Hot Shot Secret (stiction eliminator) in the oil at least twice so far. I'm hoping for a long life from my truck and if I don't get it, the wife will not be too pleased ;-) But if something major were to happen, I think I would end up trading it in. At this point, I don't really 'need' a full size truck and I'd probably downsize to something else. Ford doesn't have a smaller alternative right now, so unless they come out with something in the future I would like, I'd probably move to a GMC Canyon with a normally aspirated engine if I did switch trucks. I want to keep a truck at least 10 years before buying something new. Anyway, I love the power in my F150, but the older I get, the less I like washing a large truck and the more aggravated I am with tight parking spaces :-)
    Arkmx and homer1959 like this.
    2014 F-150 XLT EcoBoost 4x4 with 302A Equipment Package

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lariatf150 View Post
    Make me nervous reading discussions like this ;-) Anyway, I'm at around 95,000 miles now (2014 / purchased new) and either I've been lucky or I've done everything right so far. Mine still runs very strong and so far I haven't had any engine problems other than a coolant leak near the turbo after a multi hour highway drive with outside temps over 100 F (cooling fans race and are very loud in that case ;-)). I don't do anything special. I added the tiny weep hole in the CAC maybe 40k miles ago (don't remember when exactly). I have used Pennzoil Platinum synthetic oil since the first oil change and I change it around 4k miles. I occasionally run some fuel injector cleaner in the tank (not often, only really did it a few times but I should do it more often). Mix of highway and back road driving to/from work and some long highway trips on vacation. I don't baby it, but I also don't beat it (I don't like to rev the engine too high, but now and then wind it up to 5k or so). I normally use 87 octane gas. I haven't noticed any loss of power when going WOT. I've changed the spark plugs twice. I've ran some Hot Shot Secret (stiction eliminator) in the oil at least twice so far. I'm hoping for a long life from my truck and if I don't get it, the wife will not be too pleased ;-) But if something major were to happen, I think I would end up trading it in. At this point, I don't really 'need' a full size truck and I'd probably downsize to something else. Ford doesn't have a smaller alternative right now, so unless they come out with something in the future I would like, I'd probably move to a GMC Canyon with a normally aspirated engine if I did switch trucks. I want to keep a truck at least 10 years before buying something new. Anyway, I love the power in my F150, but the older I get, the less I like washing a large truck and the more aggravated I am with tight parking spaces :-)
    You know that Ford is reintroducing the Ranger later this year, right?
    Mikedick77 likes this.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    trade it in now before its too late... but you may be lucky and all that maintenance is paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by lariatf150 View Post

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmore328 View Post
    You know that Ford is reintroducing the Ranger later this year, right?
    I heard some rumors about that, but we'll see what it is. So far (for a mid size truck), the Canyon looks really good for what it is. It wouldn't be much shorter for the config I'd want, but it would be more narrow which would make parking better.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links