Faint "click"/"tick" noise

This is a discussion on Faint "click"/"tick" noise within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Questionable noise, Whenever I put my truck in reverse and apply some throttle the truck makes an odd clicking/tick noise. The noise seems to be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Faint "click"/"tick" noise

Member #
    Liked
    74 times

Questionable noise,

Whenever I put my truck in reverse and apply some throttle the truck makes an odd clicking/tick noise. The noise seems to be coming from the rear right wheel area. I feel like it could just be a noise that comes from a truck when you use it......not an issue kinda thing. However, my Dad was riding in the truck and pointed that it could be some sort of symptom regarding somthing called a "u-joint"? Regardless of what he said I have noticed the noise is becoming more common especially when putting the truck in D to N to R and vice versa. Any troubleshooting tips would be great and or others encounters with this noise would be nice to hear about.

Is anyone else experincing this noise? I dont want to call it a problem yet until I have a bit more of handle of the source of the sound.

The truck is still under warranty with 10k miles on her.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Eboost14; 08-26-2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: noise unknown wheel axle
    2014 Ecoboost Supercab *3.31 Gears* -2'' front leveling kit- -Nitto Trail Grapplers MTs- -XD Misfit 800 17'' Wheels- -LED Conversion -

Torque is what gets the cap off your beer

Member #
    Liked
    812 times
    Take it in. Its probably related to TSB 13-7-7. Mines in there as we speak getting this fixed.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Take it in. Its probably related to TSB 13-7-7. Mines in there as we speak getting this fixed.
    Do you now what causes this? or what it can lead to without service?
    2014 Ecoboost Supercab *3.31 Gears* -2'' front leveling kit- -Nitto Trail Grapplers MTs- -XD Misfit 800 17'' Wheels- -LED Conversion -

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    812 times
    from what ive read its a pinion issue, or a driveshaft issue. ill know more tomorrow.

i have read of a catastrophic failure involving the driveshaft, but its not clear if it was the reason.

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Just had mine fixed last week. its a bad seal in the rear diff. they replaced the seal, pinion, and refilled fluid. no more click or clunks and better mileage for me.
    Sherman and Eboost14 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    812 times
    i like the thought of better mileage.

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    i like the thought of better mileage.
    Your results maybe different but mine is showing improved. it makes sense, low fluid in the main drive axel would create less efficient movement.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide Fx4 View Post
    Your results maybe different but mine is showing improved. it makes sense, low fluid in the main drive axel would create less efficient movement.
    Thank you guys for the input. please do keep us informed of what your dealer says and does. I will be call to get my truck in asap now ha.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3293 times
    I searched through all the TSB's when I first got my truck and must have missed that there was an ACTUAL TSB out for this noise.

I will definitely be taking the truck in for this...starting to get annoying, as well as wondering if it is damaging anything else in the process.
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    I've noticed it in mine and it comes and goes. Thought it was because I wasn't at a complete stop when I was shifting but didn't think it was an issue till the above threads. Thanks and I will keep an eye on mine and please keep us updated on any finds. The rear low fluid level makes sense. Tick is minor at this point, but you never know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links