Passenger Side Floorboard Moisture

This is a discussion on Passenger Side Floorboard Moisture within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Finally got the opportunity to clean out the truck today (35 degrees) and get to the passenger side and observe moisture (full water droplets). Scratch ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Passenger Side Floorboard Moisture

Member #
    Liked
    63 times

Finally got the opportunity to clean out the truck today (35 degrees) and get to the passenger side and observe moisture (full water droplets). Scratch lung my head I lift up my floor board mat and it is soaked. Take the mat out of the truck and take a further look and observe what looks like mold growing underneath the glove box toward the front of the truck. Touch the fireproofing and it is soaked. I wipe everything up and move along to washing the the exterior. After washing the exterior the light bulb went off and thought I would check the passenger side. Lift up the mat and had water spots all underneath again.

Have anyone experienced this before and have any starting points? Next step would be to sit in truck and have someone else hit it with the hose. However, that will be a couple days. I have heard of 3rd brake light, windshield, or area through the fender which requires removal.

Truck is a 2018 STX SCREW. I hardly have anyone in the passenger seat so I am thankful for the vinyl. I would have never caught it I had carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Ford F-150 Lariat Ecoboost. Max Tow Package w/ 6.5 foot bed.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Welcome to the indoor water feature club. Do you have the pano sunroof?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3263 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlypower2001 View Post

Can you get that with the STX trim?

Whatever it is, that's definitely a warranty job there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlypower2001 View Post

No, Sir. It is an XL with STX package. I had a sunroof on my 2013 Lariat and it leaked so I got a bare bones truck for less things to break and it still leaks. Assuming this has been leaking for a while and the thought that my family has been breathing this mold is irritating.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    Can you get that with the STX trim?

Whatever it is, that's definitely a warranty job there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Warranty job for sure. I just like to try to fix it myself if possible because I am the type I do not like anyone touching my truck. Having them driving it through their car wash makes my skin crawl with my black paint.

Wanted to see if anyone else had the the problem or have it act as a PSA for others to check their carpets after it rains.

Member #
    Liked
    2527 times
    I have the same issue but on the diver's side - my emergency brake handle was holding water after the last deluge. My truck recently underwent an 11-month full repaint so I called my body shop and he said it's most likely either the windshield seal leaking or one of the sunroof drains is clogged. I'm going to take it back to him, probably next week, to see what he can figure out.
    snakebitten likes this.
    2011 F150 Platinum screw 2WD 6.5' bed, 3.73 Max Tow pkg | Full Race FMIC | EPP catted downpipe | PowerStop Extreme | OEM Harley front end | Belltech 3/4 drop | Black Rhino Traverse 22" | built motor & EFR's coming soon...
    2018 Ford Transit XLT 12 passenger van 3.5 EB | stock for now...
    1992 Mustang 5.0 coupe bolt-on play thing.
    1964 1/2 Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car - OEM replica, collector car toy

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dworth View Post
    Warranty job for sure. I just like to try to fix it myself if possible because I am the type I do not like anyone touching my truck. Having them driving it through their car wash makes my skin crawl with my black paint.

Wanted to see if anyone else had the the problem or have it act as a PSA for others to check their carpets after it rains.

Don't touch it!

under warranty, their going to have to replace all the padding carpet/vinyl in your case and most likely a harness or 2 if it's got water damage in the connectors. If you start digging into it, they could very well try and pin the leak on something you "did" during your digging around. Absolutely take it in to the dealer ASAP. start a trail as quickly as you can on this. mold growing shows it's been happening for a while so tell them the same thing. You hardly have anyone in the passenger side and just noticed it after cleaning up the interior. Any service manager worth their salt is going to jump on this quick and get you taken care of.

Good luck bud!
    Purefection, milesej05 and Dworth like this.

2017 SCREW 3.5L XLT FX4 3.31 Locker w/302pkg Ruby Red/Magnetic Metallic
    Roush intake, tune, exhaust, floormats
    Carhartt F&R seat covers
    JLT pass. side catch can
    Tailgate "easy down" strut

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3325 times
    Next warm day you have, take your truck to a self car wash and have another person spray near the door edge to windshield part of the truck as well as your windshield cowl while you videotape the passenger side seat. That will help diagnose where the issue is coming from and will help you out at the dealership.

As @JoeKool315 mentioned, do NOT try and mess with it at all.
    Dworth likes this.
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeKool315 View Post
    Don't touch it!

under warranty, their going to have to replace all the padding carpet/vinyl in your case and most likely a harness or 2 if it's got water damage in the connectors. If you start digging into it, they could very well try and pin the leak on something you "did" during your digging around. Absolutely take it in to the dealer ASAP. start a trail as quickly as you can on this. mold growing shows it's been happening for a while so tell them the same thing. You hardly have anyone in the passenger side and just noticed it after cleaning up the interior. Any service manager worth their salt is going to jump on this quick and get you taken care of.

Good luck bud!
    Good advice. Did some snooping today with visual inspection and it appears that it may be at the windshield where the rubber / plastic piece lays. In the center of the windshield it seems to overlap and that is one area that is lifted and another small area near the passenger side. As miles mentioned below, I am going to water test it and take a video.

Truck goes in on Thursday and I will update afterwards.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dworth View Post
    Good advice. Did some snooping today with visual inspection and it appears that it may be at the windshield where the rubber / plastic piece lays. In the center of the windshield it seems to overlap and that is one area that is lifted and another small area near the passenger side. As miles mentioned below, I am going to water test it and take a video.

Truck goes in on Thursday and I will update afterwards.

I would start a log of events, document everything. Everything you found, pics, conversations, times of calls and people's names. I have a leaker, with 5 trips to the dealership (all within a few months) from leaks in different locations. End result, my sunroof still leaks, but it drains to the outside of the vehicle now.

Dworth likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links