Any Ecoboosts without problems?

This is a discussion on Any Ecoboosts without problems? within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; I am trying to not sound cynical BUT....my 2013 EB has had or has the following not all of which are an engine issue -Rear ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Any Ecoboosts without problems?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

I am trying to not sound cynical BUT....my 2013 EB has had or has the following not all of which are an engine issue

-Rear differential snap when into reverse......entire rear diff was rebuilt as it was trashed after they did a TSB for the snap at about 12-15K
    -Rear window replaced as the defroster failed
    -the heater was exchanged as it started to emit a manure smell which required the whole dash to be taken out to get to teh heater
    -slip yoke bumping...ongoing
    -TC cam phaser rattle on start up...tsb (TC and all phasers)done in august noise was gone till late October and returned intermittently now pretty consistent.

They don't know it but I will be leaving the truck at the dealer lot tomorrow and driving back when they open on Monday just to start it for them and hopefully it does it.
    I'm just off the 60k PT warranty but still on parts and labor warranty from the 1st TSB for 2k more miles.

Not sure why I'm bothering with this as the first fix lasted 3 months and was supposed to solve the issue. Thinking of just getting out of it and away from ecoboosts.

I like the f150 but do the V8's have similar issues?
    D
    oes anyone have any positive stories of ecoboosts engines? Just seems like you signing on for issues namely the phaser problem.

Im not against chevy but they probably have their own problems....I guess ill stop venting now
    Urshermo likes this.

Ecoboost Regular jibtechwarrior's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    They aren't the most reliable engines, but they're what we've got. Your issues could have been a lot worse, there are bigger ones for sure however that doesn't detract from your frustrations I know.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I know...it can always be worse.
    I havent found much info on the V8's are they more reliable?

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    324 times
    Not many issues reported with the 2.7. I personally love mine, and know many others here do as well. Take one for a drive, im sure you will like it.

Ecoboost Regular jibtechwarrior's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jpodraza View Post
    I know...it can always be worse.
    I havent found much info on the V8's are they more reliable?
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Urshermo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Sorry to hear of those issues you have with your 13 Eco... I have a 13 Eco with a build date of 10/13 and the only time it's been back to the dealer since bought brand new with 56 miles on it in 1/14 has been for the brake booster recall.

My booster was dry as a bone, but they did the 'fix' anyway.

I currently am waiting for the latest recall on the trans/speed sensor issue where they flash the computer with a new program, but have yet to release it for the 13's.

74,000 miles, daily driver, tow a #5000 TT during the summer and bone stock, engine and tune wise.

I have done some things to the brakes and suspension on my own, but that's basically it.

I have gone thru all the fluids on it over the years.

Last fluids to be changed from new is the diffs. I have the gear lube for front and back and I'm also going to do another pan drop and fill which I've already done once before at around 35,000 miles.

About the only thing that has not worked is the Sync system microphone.. All other things work fine with it, but it can't hear me when phone calls come in or to tell the media options what to do.. It'll work randomly, but not consistently, so I just don't bother with it anymore. It still plays my iPod just fine, so that's good enough for me. I don't like talking on the phone while driving anyway, so not a big deal for me.

Good luck!

Mitch
    2013 F150 SuperCab 4x4 XLT Max Tow 3.73 Egoboost. #7700 GVWR, #1920 payload. Bilstein 5100 shocks, PowerStop "Max Tow" brakes. Hellwig 2500 overload spings. 2003 Prowler Lynx 722F, #5000 GVWR and weighs every bit of it!

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Sounds like you need to move away from the Boost?....its not for everyone (best 1/2 ton tow vehicle hands down) good luck with your search.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Noblest likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I have a 2014 with 117k miles. Only issues I've had so far has been O2 sensor and my 4wd actuator motor. Both were easy fixes that I did on my own.

Maybe I'm lucky?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    83k front wheel bearings that's all folks. Less problems than with my '07 Tacoma.
    Cheers,
    Jim
    2014 FX4 screw, Ruby Red, 402A, 3.55, 5.5, factory spray in bed liner, LT tires, BAKflip VP, custom engine, air and fuse box covers, Custom Cab, Ford mud flaps

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    2823 times
    2 16 F150's with the 2.7 Ecoboost
    3 18 F150's with the 3.5 Ecoboost

I imagine statistically we will have issues beyond "normal" with one of them. But I can't get anyone to draw straws.

If we do, you would think that I would catch some heat for being the impetus behind the fleet. But I was 100% honest with ALL of them.

I basically stated that these are the most competent ½ton trucks ever offered to the buying public, but they have SO many moving parts that if things do go wrong, it can be a buggar to diagnose and/or fix.

Nobody heeded the warning.

You do realize there are more than a MILLION of them out there? I bet most of them serve the buyer just as well as any other truck brand.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links