Jiffy tite connector torque specifications Help!

This is a discussion on Jiffy tite connector torque specifications Help! within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; ARRRGGGHH!!! I have been looking for the past hour and cannot find the thread that has the Jiffy tite fitting torque specs in it. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Jiffy tite connector torque specifications Help!

Member #
    Liked
    243 times

ARRRGGGHH!!! I have been looking for the past hour and cannot find the thread that has the Jiffy tite fitting torque specs in it. I posted in the thread, but it doesn't seems to show in my history. I also thought I subscribed to it, but my subscriptions are all screwed up.

I am in the middle of changing my exhaust manifolds and I need the following torque specs ASAP:

UPDATED WITH TORQUE SPECS:
    Coolant supply connector (on the block) 18 Nm (159 in-lb)
    oil supply connector (on the block) Tighten to 42 Nm (31 ft-lb) FOOT POUNDS!
    Both connectors on the turbo 18 Nm (159 in-lb)

Pretty sure the one on the back of the head is also 18 Nm (159 in-lb). Basically the small aluminum ones are all the same, just the oil supply fittings with the screens in them is a lot more.
    Last edited by DNA Dan; 04-20-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    snakebitten and Mikedick77 like this.
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    So I'm not crazy! The thread is here -->https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...r-turbo-5.html

But it's missing the most recent posts. In my subscriptions I can see recent posts that don't show up in the thread.

Anyone?
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    2889 times
    That link doesn't open a specific thread for me. I'd be happy to assist if I knew where the thread was.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    That's really strange. The link opens up page 5 of the thread just fine for me, but I know there's more posts there.

Here is the first page of the thread https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...ear-turbo.html

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Link opens page 1 of a thread. Only goes to page 5 though. Shows up to post 50. I did not see any torque specs.
    2013 Eco XTR 4x4 Super Crew 5.5 bed 3:31 Rear
    Stock, Weep hole, 160 degree T-Stat, Autolite Iridium XP5863 gapped properly, Castrol Magnatec 5w-30, and 93 octane
    NO OIL LEAKS!!

Purrs like a kitten! It's called maintenence. This shouldn't surprise people.

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    In my notes from putting the motor in mine I have 18 Nm (159 in-lbs).
    Last edited by Grabber70Mach; 04-13-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber70Mach View Post
    In my notes from putting the motor in mine I have 18 Nm (159 in-lbs).
    Yes, this is for the fittings on the turbo itself. Thank you.

The oil supply fittings that go into the block (they have little screens attached to them) are different as below. They are beefier connectors. Thanks SteveG!! Crisis averted!

"2. Inspect the turbocharger oil supply tube-to-engine block fitting and replace as needed. Tighten to 42 Nm (31 lbft)."

I have the damn service manual but it seems this info was missing? Gotta get back to the grind...
    Mikedick77 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    So that thread is fixed now. It shows 81 posts across nine pages ! Before I was only able to see 5 pages. Anyhow, tore into the truck to get the exhaust manifolds swapped with some CR Performance Engineering ones and man this is a dog of a job~! I was able to locate two issues:

1) The driver's side upstream O2 sensor was literally halfway UN-threaded. I was able to remove it with my hand! If you ever have to change the O2 on this side, go through the wheel well. Once I removed the wheel well liner, the access to this sensor was pretty straightforward.
    2) Typical carbon tracking on the driver's side exhaust.

Overall if you have to do this job and you want to replace the oil and coolant supply lines, you're looking at removing or setting aside the downpipes (transmission crossmember), starter, ac compressor (all belts, etc.) , alternator, all intake tubes to turbos and intercooler. I did my timing chain myself and I must say, this is a more difficult job because the space is so tight, and you're lying on your back (unless you have a lift.) Been at it for 2 full days and I am still re-assembling my truck. I did get lucky that I didn't have any broken studs to deal with!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Sounds like the PITA of a knock sensor I did awhile back. Most of mine was reassembly when I put the injectors on, powered up and had fuel dumping all over because I was a dummy with the seals. 2-3 days for someone not mechanically inclined or trained, in the garage.

I feel for ya dude. You have alot of time and work invested in that truck. I hope you get to do some enjoying this summer.
    2013 Eco XTR 4x4 Super Crew 5.5 bed 3:31 Rear
    Stock, Weep hole, 160 degree T-Stat, Autolite Iridium XP5863 gapped properly, Castrol Magnatec 5w-30, and 93 octane
    NO OIL LEAKS!!

Purrs like a kitten! It's called maintenence. This shouldn't surprise people.

Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    The thing is, it's driveable. I just hate operating things less than optimal or when I know there are issues there affecting performance. I want the truck to last so I am trying to keep it on the right path so problems aren't created down the road. You know how it is. . . Plus I still owe money on the loan for it.

As for summer, that's already booked and paid for! You can't really go camping anywhere popular unless you are a reservation guru. Most places have a 6-8 month booking window. So I just need to get the truck up to the next level of functionality and I'll be good to go. updated my SIG! Whoo-hoo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links