A little help... - Page 2

A little help...

This is a discussion on A little help... within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by GearHead_1 Yet again with the fordpartsprime vendor? I’ll say it again, nobody loves their parts source enough to mention them in virtually ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: A little help...

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3133 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Yet again with the fordpartsprime vendor? I’ll say it again, nobody loves their parts source enough to mention them in virtually half of the posts they’ve made on the forum. What is your connection to this company? @Elmore328
    Happy Friday!!!!
    Sent you a PM broseph! It has been addressed.
    GearHead_1 likes this.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    So a little more info. I live about 200ft above sea level in CA. We went to south lake Tahoe which is around 7300ft above sea level. Once I got the truck back to around 3000 ft. The stutter went away. I definitely have a manifold leak but am pretty sure the turbo is fine. There is a minor leak at the oil supply line but not too bad. Could the thinner air could have cause the issue because of the manifold?

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grinder282 View Post
    So a little more info. I live about 200ft above sea level in CA. We went to south lake Tahoe which is around 7300ft above sea level. Once I got the truck back to around 3000 ft. The stutter went away. I definitely have a manifold leak but am pretty sure the turbo is fine. There is a minor leak at the oil supply line but not too bad. Could the thinner air could have cause the issue because of the manifold?
    Not sure about sea level's affect on the systems in this truck, but i'm pretty sure there's people that know these things here. Just to get the jist of this though, your issue happened at 7300ft and also at 200ft above sea level, but not at 3000ft?
    2013 Eco XTR 4x4 Super Crew 5.5 bed 3:31 Rear
    Stock, Weep hole, 160 degree T-Stat, Autolite Iridium XP5863 gapped properly, Castrol Magnatec 5w-30, and 93 octane
    NO OIL LEAKS!!

Purrs like a kitten! It's called maintenence. This shouldn't surprise people.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    No the issue only happened in high altitude. I am only guessing this was attributing to the issue. Now that I'm back to almost sea level it runs like it did before we left

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    No the issue only happened in high altitude. I am only guessing this was attributing to the issue. Now that I'm back to almost sea level it runs like it did before we left
    Could be the case. The computer uses a set of perameters for so long, then you move to where the air has different density, yeah that makes sense. I dont know that you could clear that to get it to relearn either while at higher altitude, or if you can, may be a pain. Im not really to familiar with the deep inner workings of this.
    Stock, Weep hole, 160 degree T-Stat, Autolite Iridium XP5863 gapped properly, Castrol Magnatec 5w-30, and 93 octane
    NO OIL LEAKS!!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Ok took it all apart Friday night... That was a chore. Turns out the "mush" ring on the gasket between manifold and turbo broke off completely and was free floating. The oil leak turned out to not be oil but coolant leaking from the quick release clip on the bottom of the reservoir. Turbo looked good, new manifold went in easy. Problem solved. Thanks for all your help

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Ok took it all apart Friday night... That was a chore. Turns out the "mush" ring on the gasket between manifold and turbo broke off completely and was free floating. The oil leak turned out to not be oil but coolant leaking from the quick release clip on the bottom of the reservoir. Turbo looked good, new manifold went in easy. Problem solved. Thanks for all your help
    Good deal. Glad you got it worked out!
    NO OIL LEAKS!!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    So here we go again. The fuel economy is up to 16mpg from 11.9 (6"lift on 35's) but just now on the highway going about 70mph I got on it and the truck made a popping noise like a back fire and refused to accelerate. But if I eased onto it it was fine. I can hear the turbo spooling. Is this the "weep hole" issue I keep hearing about? If so, I'm not too keen on drilling a hole in my Intercooler

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    So I spoke to my mechanic and he advised the weep hole. So I wemt for it. About 2oz of gunk came out and now she purrs like a kitten.
    Kinguni and Mikedick77 like this.

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    2885 times
    So I spoke to my mechanic and he advised the weep hole. So I wemt for it. About 2oz of gunk came out and now she purrs like a kitten.
    Didn't really hurt that bad now, did it? Lol

Just messing with ya. I admit not everyone finds it easy to punch a hole in their CAC. But there's almost endless documentation that it's a solution for the fellas with that nasty stuff laying in the bottom.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links