A little help...

A little help...

This is a discussion on A little help... within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; So left for a trip yesterday and about 30 miles before we arrived started getting a sound like a hiccup when accelerating from the driver ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: A little help...

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

A little help...

So left for a trip yesterday and about 30 miles before we arrived started getting a sound like a hiccup when accelerating from the driver side. I have had an issue at start up for awhile that sounds like an air compressor filling up. But that goes away after about a mile or so. Now when I accelerate heavy the "hiccup" sound is there and the front end bucks. No codes. No loose hoses. No clue

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Sounds like the classic stutter, its easier if you search ecoboost stutter you should find others with the same issue but to summarize, drill the weep hole and check and swap plugs
    2018 F150 XLT Sport SuperCrew 2.7L 10psd Magnetic Gray with dealer installed hood deflector, trifold tonneau cover and Gunmetal stainless steel tail gate insterts

K&N Intake, Led headlights by silverlux, Led Fogs, Bully Dog BDX with BCB Highlander, BFG Advantage T/A Sport LT on factory 20's, Bilstein 4600's on the rear

Member #
    Liked
    1741 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grinder282 View Post
    So left for a trip yesterday and about 30 miles before we arrived started getting a sound like a hiccup when accelerating from the driver side. I have had an issue at start up for awhile that sounds like an air compressor filling up. But that goes away after about a mile or so. Now when I accelerate heavy the "hiccup" sound is there and the front end bucks. No codes. No loose hoses. No clue
    It's always helpful to provide some vehicle related info (usually you insert this in the signature).
    I'm guessing you have a 2011-12. If so, your vacuum pump is on the fritz. There has been a recall for this.
    As for the hicup, it could be related to the vacuum pump, or possibly a bad blow off valve on the driver side turbo.

Get in touch with your local dealer and provide them your VIN, so that they can check for recalls.
    RMB_Ryan likes this.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'll check into the vaccum pump. Its a 12. Im running the turbosmart BOV's so I hope that's not the issue

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Plugs, weep hole, check out the BoV's. Likely one of those as the issue in a nutshell.
    2013 Eco XTR 4x4 Super Crew 5.5 bed 3:31 Rear
    Stock, Weep hole, 160 degree T-Stat, Autolite Iridium XP5863 gapped properly, Castrol Magnatec 5w-30, and 93 octane
    NO OIL LEAKS!!

Purrs like a kitten! It's called maintenence. This shouldn't surprise people.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    So update from the dealer. Warped manifold and a failed turbo.

Next question. Im pretty mechanically inclined. Can I do it myself?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I replaced my turbo myself took me the weekend but i did it, I also found a website that sell's O.E. parts super cheap so that saved me from going to the dealer and paying retail. check out ford parts prime if you end up doing your own work. good luck you can do it!
    Last edited by Elmore328; 04-19-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    87 times

If you decide to do it yourself I might sell my turbos that I took off my 2011, had 112K on them.

Member #
    Liked
    776 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAce View Post
    I replaced my turbo myself took me the weekend but i did it, I also found a website that sell's O.E. parts super cheap so that saved me from going to the dealer and paying retail. check out www.fordpartsprime.com if you end up doing your own work. good luck you can do it!
    Yet again with the fordpartsprime vendor? I’ll say it again, nobody loves their parts source enough to mention them in virtually half of the posts they’ve made on the forum. What is your connection to this company? @Elmore328
    Mikedick77 likes this.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    4058 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Yet again with the fordpartsprime vendor? I’ll say it again, nobody loves their parts source enough to mention them in virtually half of the posts they’ve made on the forum. What is your connection to this company? @Elmore328
    Oh I think it’s got to be more than just a deleted post for a plug. That’s ban,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links