Brake Vacuum Lost
This is a discussion on Brake Vacuum Lost within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Problem:
-Loss of vacuum in brake system after sitting for extended period of time (2+ hours). Brake pedal is stiff after it sits for this ...
Post By winchested
Brake Vacuum Lost
-Loss of vacuum in brake system after sitting for extended period of time (2+ hours). Brake pedal is stiff after it sits for this amount of time. Revving engine up upon startup is required to build vacuum.
- 2012 F150 3.5L EcoBoost 145,000 KM
- Vacuum pump has been replaced 2 times. 1st time was for the pump, second time was to fix issue I have but it didn't fix it
- Pump seems to be running fine and no noise anymore since 1st replacement
- Ford dealership wont investigate issue further unless I pay them.
- There is a thread describing my exact problem but it has been dead since 2014 and no fix was mentioned. (https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...um-issues.html)
- Is there a common check valve I should be replacing or looking into?
- Any ideas on a fix?
Thanks in advance!
There is the Vac line that goes to the main check valve on the booster and there is a small check valve in the Vacuum pump line.
Its pretty easy to make sure the Vac pump is working by pulling the line and sticking a vacuum gauge in it and then pressing the brakes a few times until the pump comes on. If it isn't capable of at least 16 in/hg its bad. (you can buy a vac gauge at Princess auto for $15 and every at home mechanic should have one.)
2011 XLT Screw 6.5' Box, Tux Black, 4" BDS lift, 34" BFG KO2 tires, 18x8.5" +18 XD spy Wheels, PTM oem Flares. Rampage Slimline nerf bars. 5* Tuned 87 P/T.
By mooneywa in forum F150 Ecoboost Problems
Last Post: 11-30-2016, 11:45 AM
By Spiro150 in forum F150 Ecoboost Problems
Last Post: 07-04-2016, 08:33 AM
By FlyingMonkey in forum F150 Ecoboost Brakes
Last Post: 04-30-2016, 12:28 PM
By DDColorado in forum F150 Ecoboost Brakes
Last Post: 10-29-2015, 07:26 PM
By 2Canches in forum Off-Topic
Last Post: 10-28-2015, 08:28 PM
Find us on Google+