A/C Cold but no power

A/C Cold but no power

This is a discussion on A/C Cold but no power within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Question guys, My A/C is fairly cold but on max has no power. It's a light breeze coming out of the vents and hardly any ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A/C Cold but no power

Member #

A/C Cold but no power

Question guys,

My A/C is fairly cold but on max has no power. It's a light breeze coming out of the vents and hardly any difference between the lower settings and max settings. When I turn it to max it sure sounds like it's blowing appropriately but you can't feel it.

Cabin filter is my first thought to check but due to the absence I have no starting point as I'm still learning this truck.

What're your thoughts? Blower? Where do I look first?

Thanks everyone!

Member #
    Liked
    448 times
    Check fuses as well. This is my first suggestion, when I was in college I got a Mazda3 and it had no AC. Under recommendation I got the whole thing replaced at the tune of $2,500. Still didn't work.

Bad fuse. Spend another $1 and everything was good. Do not rely on shops to check the simple things. Unless they are actually decent. lol.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    280 times
    If you can hear the fan blowing hard as it should, then one of the blend doors has failed. Fuses are easy to check, Fan blower is moderately easy, blend door issues are a PITA and involves pretty much removing the dash. I don't think there are filters in there. What year are we talking?
    GearHead_1 likes this.
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    DNA Dan we are talking a 2013 XLT EcoBoost.

Member #
    Liked
    776 times
    Blend door would be my guess too.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    280 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdennis86 View Post
    DNA Dan we are talking a 2013 XLT EcoBoost.
    The cabin air filter got introduced somewhere around the 2015 model year. Others can correct me if I am wrong.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    That is what I understood as well!

So today I had another unique circumstance arise. I had all the power I would expect but it would only blow hot air!!! I went ahead and replaced the blend door actuator but it wasn't it. What's next fellas? A leak?

Member #
    Liked
    280 times
    Aren't there 2 or 3 actuators in there? Did you replace them all?

Member #
    I think 3 but I know of 2. I replaced the one for temp control as that was the last big issue.

Member #
    This is seemingly fixed! The truck was in the shop a couple of weeks ago and there was some fuse work then. Turns out the fuse for the compressor was pulled! It hasn't been warm enough for me to use the AC so it took me a couple of weeks to catch it. I feel dumb bc I noticed a few empty fuse slots but chalked them up to ieither being a sunroof or some other feature I don't have. Although I checked my fuses I didn't diligently correlate the diagram like I needed to, I skimmed it but not thoroughly. I'm an idiot for trusting a shop blindly. Thank you everyone for all of your input! I learned a tremendous amount from you all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links