Low Boost P299 Code

Low Boost P299 Code

This is a discussion on Low Boost P299 Code within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; My truck threw a P299 code a few days ago. I have the Torque app and have been watching the boost closely and sometimes it's ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Low Boost P299 Code

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Low Boost P299 Code

My truck threw a P299 code a few days ago. I have the Torque app and have been watching the boost closely and sometimes it's fine and other times it will only build up to 6psi. The truck is sluggish when it won't build normal boost. When it's not normal I hear a chirp or hoot when I easy of off the accelerator pedal. I've checked all of the "vacuum" lines going to and from the wastegates and wastegate solenoid and they look fine. Is this a BOV, wastegate or a wastegate solenoid issue?
    2013 FX4 SuperCrew 5.5' MaxTow

Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    I had this same code last week. Sometimes my truck would feel the same way. Like it wasn't making boost and felt sluggish. I never had any weird noise though.

I had a BCB tune in and flashed it back to stock. It is a turbocharger underboost code.

I was on my way home from work and noticed the CEL. When I got home I checked it with my SCTx4. I have not had the code come back since last Thursday.

From what I can find, people either clear the code and it does comes back or the turbo may have issues.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoDj View Post
    My truck threw a P299 code a few days ago. I have the Torque app and have been watching the boost closely and sometimes it's fine and other times it will only build up to 6psi. The truck is sluggish when it won't build normal boost. When it's not normal I hear a chirp or hoot when I easy of off the accelerator pedal. I've checked all of the "vacuum" lines going to and from the wastegates and wastegate solenoid and they look fine. Is this a BOV, wastegate or a wastegate solenoid issue?
    P0299 (underboost) means the turbos are not able to deliver the commanded boost.
    Seeing as you have a 2013 with the E-BOV, I would pull it off, and check the diaphragm for a tear, which could cause a leak under boost.
    snakebitten and Mikedick77 like this.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Ok. I'll take a look at the BOV. Is it a big job to get it off?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Is it possible to remove the ebov without dropping the CAC?

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Totally what Noodles said. I have a 13, and I had this issue. The Diaphragm is orange, look thoroughly for a hole. Yes, you can remove this without taking off the CAC. 15-20 minute job taking it off, inspecting, and putting back on.
    noodles likes this.
    2013 Eco XTR 4x4 Super Crew 5.5 bed 3:31 Rear
    Stock, Weep hole, 160 degree T-Stat, Autolite Iridium XP5863 gapped properly, Castrol Magnatec 5w-30, and 93 octane
    NO OIL LEAKS!!

Purrs like a kitten! It's called maintenence. This shouldn't surprise people.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikedick77 View Post
    Totally what Noodles said. I have a 13, and I had this issue. The Diaphragm is orange, look thoroughly for a hole. Yes, you can remove this without taking off the CAC. 15-20 minute job taking it off, inspecting, and putting back on.
    Ok thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    Ok thanks!
    I've not been able to rotate the canister off the CAC with it installed, however, the E-BOV can be removed from the canister (2x 8mm bolts), leaving the canister still attached to the CAC.

With that being said, it wouldn't hurt to remove the CAC and give it a good cleaning... inside and out.
    Mikedick77 likes this.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I've not been able to rotate the canister off the CAC with it installed, however, the E-BOV can be removed from the canister (2x 8mm bolts), leaving the canister still attached to the CAC.

With that being said, it wouldn't hurt to remove the CAC and give it a good cleaning... inside and out.
    Is the canister where the diaphragm is located? I have taken off the BOV and did not notice any tears.

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardking419 View Post
    Is the canister where the diaphragm is located? I have taken off the BOV and did not notice any tears.

Post #95 here has a good pic for reference. https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...-screw-10.html
    Lizardking419 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links