My experience with drilling the CAC...no change...

This is a discussion on My experience with drilling the CAC...no change... within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Well I finally drilled my CAC due to a vibration at idle I've had since buying this truck a year ago. FYI I've put new ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By BigPhatPaulie
  • 3 Post By milesej05
  • 1 Post By WooBoost

Thread: My experience with drilling the CAC...no change...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Well I finally drilled my CAC due to a vibration at idle I've had since buying this truck a year ago. FYI I've put new plugs on it with no success too.

At 165K miles I figure it was due or a walnut blasting but figured I'd drill the hole first here in Ohio.

When done about 2 teas spoons of oil came out. No water mixed it....no gunk...straight dark oil. Reving and then driving it produced no additional crude. I'd saw my moisture is burning off and I have little need catch can. I did buy a scope so I'll have a look at my intake ports but I suspect they are not going to be as terrible as I noted.

After two weeks...I still have the same vibration at stop (in gear) but it goes away (mostly) in park or natural. Maybe it's engine/trans mounts.

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    The drilling was for a stumble at higher rpm while moving. Have you changed the plugs?
    Mikedick77 and bespurcell like this.
    2018 F150 XLT Sport SuperCrew 2.7L 10psd Magnetic Gray with dealer installed hood deflector, trifold tonneau cover and Gunmetal stainless steel tail gate insterts

K&N Intake, Led headlights by silverlux, Led Fogs, Bully Dog BDX with BCB Highlander, BFG Advantage T/A Sport LT on factory 20's, Bilstein 4600's on the rear

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3311 times
    Why would you think that a vibration at stop is due to moisture in your CAC?

Drilling the weep hole (as BigPhatPaulie mentioned) is so when you are WOT or at higher RPM's you blow that crap out of your CAC instead of sucking it into the engine. It has no bearing on a "vibration"
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Yeah, weep hole won't net you a change with this issue. Might help you keep some of that oil off your valves after you walnut blast though.
    2013 Eco XTR 4x4 Super Crew 5.5 bed 3:31 Rear
    Stock, Weep hole, 160 degree T-Stat, Autolite Iridium XP5863 gapped properly, Castrol Magnatec 5w-30, and 93 octane
    NO OIL LEAKS!!

Purrs like a kitten! It's called maintenence. This shouldn't surprise people.

Member #
    Liked
    1215 times
    raise your idle rpm and the vibration goes almost completely away.

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WooBoost View Post
    raise your idle rpm and the vibration goes almost completely away.
    X2 mine vibrates like crazy at stock idle rom. I raised mine to 850 rpm at idle. No vibrations and ac seems to work much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Clean your MAP sensors and check your spark plugs.
    2011 FX4 SCREW, 3.5 EB. 3.73 and 5* and MPT Tunes, SW catted DP and SW 3.5 inch Chambered Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Mishimoto CAC, and very rusty cab corners.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    You mentioned you changed the plugs already. Have you changed the coil boots too?
    Ryan and his Race Red 2011 FX4 Screw
    3.5EB, Luxury package, Max Tow package, moonroof, 275/55/20 BFG KO2s

Yes, I have a truck. No, I won't help you move.

Sponsored Links