Part number for Wastegate source control tubing

This is a discussion on Part number for Wastegate source control tubing within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Hi guys, Been chasing an intermittent hoot noise that I think has been coming from my drivers side turbo for a while. Lots of testing ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Envious

Thread: Part number for Wastegate source control tubing

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Hi guys,

Been chasing an intermittent hoot noise that I think has been coming from my drivers side turbo for a while. Lots of testing done and some parts swapped with marginal improvements. Today I may have found a very small hole at the collar area of the tubing feeding the boost pressure to the wastegate and I am very curious if this could at times leak out just enough to cause that wastegate to close prematurely causing what I believe to be compressor surge. Either way, I expect this to be a cheap and fairly simple fix but not having luck finding the actual part number - or a corresponding spec for bulk tubing. Any help would be appreciated. Picture below to demonstrate - sorry for the bad quality. Tear looks to be right in the break of the ink.

2013 Ruby Red FX4 Ecoboost 5.5 box Crew with Max Tow Package

Member #
    Liked
    441 times
    No picture is loaded up.

AFAIK you cannot buy just the WGs from Ford. But I believe you can get a set of Turbosmarts. I went and replaced my WG hoses with fuel line from the auto parts store and I am havine zero issues. It does not look as nice though lol
    Calg_Rider likes this.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Sponsored Links