4x4 Not Showing Up in Message Center - Page 2

4x4 Not Showing Up in Message Center

This is a discussion on 4x4 Not Showing Up in Message Center within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; OK! I'm on travel this week, but will check when I get back. Thanks!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 4x4 Not Showing Up in Message Center

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK! I'm on travel this week, but will check when I get back. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

4x4 Not Showing Up in Message Center

I also have a 2011 4x4 in XLT trim with 3.73 rear (limited slip in my case). I can confirm that it definitely should show a message during the change (“4x4 shift in progress” and when going to 4x4 low the screen will prompt you to shift to neutral) then after the change it will illuminate with 4x4 or 4x2 right next to the odometer.

Also, after initial key-on without even starting the truck it will momentarily illuminate the 4x2 on the display right after the bulb test (abs, tpms, airbag, parking brake, etc).

Do you get either the 4x4 shift in progress message when engaging 4x4 or the momentary 4x2 indication on initial key-on?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CopaMundial View Post
    I also have a 2011 4x4 in XLT trim with 3.73 rear (limited slip in my case). I can confirm that it definitely should show a message during the change (“4x4 shift in progress” and when going to 4x4 low the screen will prompt you to shift to neutral) then after the change it will illuminate with 4x4 or 4x2 right next to the odometer.

Also, after initial key-on without even starting the truck it will momentarily illuminate the 4x2 on the display right after the bulb test (abs, tpms, airbag, parking brake, etc).

Do you get either the 4x4 shift in progress message when engaging 4x4 or the momentary 4x2 indication on initial key-on?
    Thank you very much! So, we know that I am not losing my mind or crazy! I do receive any message whatsoever with key on or changing into 4x4 or back. I'm really thinking a wiring issue at the connector to the solenoid motor or near there. Also could be a fuse like an earlier poster suggested. I'll be taking a look soon.
    snakebitten likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1173 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Boy View Post
    Thank you very much! So, we know that I am not losing my mind or crazy! I do receive any message whatsoever with key on or changing into 4x4 or back. I'm really thinking a wiring issue at the connector to the solenoid motor or near there. Also could be a fuse like an earlier poster suggested. I'll be taking a look soon.
    You ever consider that maybe a dealer F'd up a flash and turned off the 4x4 **** in the IPC(the computer that controls the instrument cluster)? Like if your truck didn't come with a brake controller then those features are not enabled but are already baked into the computer software. When you add your own brake controller later, the dealer can just go in an enable the brake controller features in the instrument cluster and it works just like it came from the factory.

The same issue might be happening with the 4x4. Maybe the clusters features are turned off for some reason and it is set to 2wd or something, and it's otherwise functioning but just not showing up on the dash.

You could use software called Forscan to go in an check. It basically has the same functionality of the dealer and can go in and read from the dash computer and make changes.
    Last edited by mass-hole; 06-20-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE CAC, CRP Manifolds, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100, AirLift RideControl, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, GTB2060 custom build turbo, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper, 4.10's, Detroit Truetracs F/R

Member #
    Liked
    1173 times
    If you lock your diff in 2wd does that show up?
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE CAC, CRP Manifolds, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100, AirLift RideControl, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, GTB2060 custom build turbo, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper, 4.10's, Detroit Truetracs F/R

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    You ever consider that maybe a dealer F'd up a flash and turned off the 4x4 **** in the IPC(the computer that controls the instrument cluster)? Like if your truck didn't come with a brake controller then those features are not enabled but are already baked into the computer software. When you add your own brake controller later, the dealer can just go in an enable the brake controller features in the instrument cluster and it works just like it came from the factory.

The same issue might be happening with the 4x4. Maybe the clusters features are turned off for some reason and it is set to 2wd or something, and it's otherwise functioning but just not showing up on the dash.

You could use software called Forscan to go in an check. It basically has the same functionality of the dealer and can go in and read from the dash computer and make changes.
    Hmm. I'd have to check that out! I've heard of the Forscan - I'll have to try that out soon. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you lock your diff in 2wd does that show up?
    No, it does not. Tried that also. I'll also have to check the fuses as well, but I'm not holding out hope on that one!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CopaMundial View Post

There is no indication whatsoever on the screen from 4x2 to 4x4 to 4x4 Low or locked differential. Ugh.

Member #
    Liked
    1173 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Boy View Post
    No, it does not. Tried that also. I'll also have to check the fuses as well, but I'm not holding out hope on that one!
    Huh. Well unless there is something funky with the switch itself, i cant imagine how the two systems would overlap and both not work.

I would get in Forscan and see if they set the drive to 2wd without ELD.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...yqbfQHB0rAnXNs

If you go under the IPC tab on that sheet then you will see the address and options for the 4x4 settings a little ways down. This is what you would look for in Forscan.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Huh. Well unless there is something funky with the switch itself, i cant imagine how the two systems would overlap and both not work.

I would get in Forscan and see if they set the drive to 2wd without ELD.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...yqbfQHB0rAnXNs

If you go under the IPC tab on that sheet then you will see the address and options for the 4x4 settings a little ways down. This is what you would look for in Forscan.
    Thank you very much!!! I found the area on the spreadsheet. I also downloaded the 'lite' version for my Android phone - most likely need the paid version to look at this, but I'll try.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links