Rough shifting after Revisions - Page 2

Rough shifting after Revisions

This is a discussion on Rough shifting after Revisions within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; The one two shift is great. Nice and firm but doesn't have a thump sound like it is banging into gear. 2-3 part throttle is ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rough shifting after Revisions

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    The one two shift is great. Nice and firm but doesn't have a thump sound like it is banging into gear. 2-3 part throttle is smooth but at wot is very rough. Oddly it doesn't do it every time but most times. 3-4 is smooth as silk.
    I am boost launching in 2wd as well as 4hi after I am damn sure the front is engaged. (Made that mistake once)
    i have an email with logs into Erick. We will see.
    On a side note everyone says the first tune he sends is mild then he turns it up. My first time was the most aggressive but he said he had to back off the timing. Every revision since has felt milder.
    2012 4x4 screw. 3.55 gears. 2 inch HBS level. Fuel Trophy wheels with 33 inch T/A KO's. LET 91 Tune

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    I was hoping I could remedy this within the parameters of intune but it says the shifting is already at stock
    2012 4x4 screw. 3.55 gears. 2 inch HBS level. Fuel Trophy wheels with 33 inch T/A KO's. LET 91 Tune

Member #
    Liked
    2535 times
    How long did you let the tunes learn for? Weird that he has to dial down the timing on a base tune. But every truck is different, and you very well could have had bad fuel.
    2013 F150 FX4 Appearance Loaded Eco. w/Max Tow. Level lift with 305/55r20 Open Country ATII Extremes. Rear Raptor Shocks. 5 Star Tuned/X4. Wagner Intercooler. AFE Stage 2 Intake. RX Catch Can/UPR CSS. Boost-Bars Raptoid Grille. 30" Hanning LED Bar. Rigid Backup Lights. JW Speaker Fogs. GlowShift Boost Gauge. Remote Access.

1971 Mustang Grande 351C

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltman760 View Post
    I was hoping I could remedy this within the parameters of intune but it says the shifting is already at stock
    Ya I've been experiencing the exact same thing with mine regarding shifting. I've learned how to use the throttle to get it to shift how I want, but I miss my 1-2 gear chips. I'll have to see if there is anything else he can do to dial it in.

Not sure how the intune works but on my SCT, when you have options still available before you put the tune in the truck, the "stock" option isn't stock, it's what the tuner has it set for.

For example my 5* tunes give me the option to set tire size by wheel revolutions per mile, but when I select the stock setting the speedo is correct, even though I have larger tires. It's selecting the setting setup by the tuner, not the "stock" setting. I'd imagine the intune is doing the same thing.
    2012 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost 4x4, 3.31 Rear, 5.5 Box, Ingot Silver Metallic
    -Fox 2.0 Coilovers, Icon UCA's, Billstein 5100 Rears, Roadmaster Active Suspension
    -Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/70R17, Pro-Comp 7032 17x9 -6 Offset
    -SCT x4 w/ Custom 91 Tune, S&B CAI w/ Dry Filter, Wagner CAC, Turbosmart BPV's, Full Race Catch Can, Solo Catted Downpipes, 3" custom catback
    -DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky Liners, Raptor Tans Mount, Silverstar Ultra Bulbs,
    F150Ecoboost.net Decal

Member #
    Liked
    2535 times
    Also he may be dialling back the shifting each revision but who knows how far he will have to dial it back. Just give him a heads up and keep mentioning it until it is right.
    2013 F150 FX4 Appearance Loaded Eco. w/Max Tow. Level lift with 305/55r20 Open Country ATII Extremes. Rear Raptor Shocks. 5 Star Tuned/X4. Wagner Intercooler. AFE Stage 2 Intake. RX Catch Can/UPR CSS. Boost-Bars Raptoid Grille. 30" Hanning LED Bar. Rigid Backup Lights. JW Speaker Fogs. GlowShift Boost Gauge. Remote Access.

1971 Mustang Grande 351C

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    The first two revisions for the shifting I logged within a couple days and sent them to him. This time I let the tune run for a few hundred miles. The Diablo won't let me dial back the shifting at all.
    In terms of the timing I had the same problems with the Diablo canned tune. Loud knocking from the engine and black smoke out the back. Erick took care of that but the tune seems much milder. I blamed it on the tune but now I am wondering. I have always ran 91 from the arco by my house. Is that **** gas?

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    The first two revisions for the shifting I logged within a couple days and sent them to him. This time I let the tune run for a few hundred miles. The Diablo won't let me dial back the shifting at all.
    In terms of the timing I had the same problems with the Diablo canned tune. Loud knocking from the engine and black smoke out the back. Erick took care of that but the tune seems much milder. I blamed it on the tune but now I am wondering. I have always ran 91 from the arco by my house. Is that **** gas?
    I run Arco almost exclusively never a problem, it's considered a "top-tier" fuel, whatever the heck that means.
    Last edited by norcal_ecoscrew; 01-29-2015 at 04:11 PM.
    2012 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost 4x4, 3.31 Rear, 5.5 Box, Ingot Silver Metallic
    -Fox 2.0 Coilovers, Icon UCA's, Billstein 5100 Rears, Roadmaster Active Suspension
    -Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/70R17, Pro-Comp 7032 17x9 -6 Offset
    -SCT x4 w/ Custom 91 Tune, S&B CAI w/ Dry Filter, Wagner CAC, Turbosmart BPV's, Full Race Catch Can, Solo Catted Downpipes, 3" custom catback
    -DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky Liners, Raptor Tans Mount, Silverstar Ultra Bulbs,
    F150Ecoboost.net Decal

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by norcal_ecoscrew View Post
    I run Arco almost exclusively never a problem, it's considered a "top-tier" fuel, whatever the heck that means.
    Thanks. That notion has really been bugging me. And I was pissed cuz I just filled up. At least now I can rule that out

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Thanks. That notion has really been bugging me. And I was pissed cuz I just filled up. At least now I can rule that out
    Did you ever resolve this. My truck still does it on the 2-3 shift at WOT. light throttle to 3/4 the 2-3 is smooth as butter. But at wide open throttle its a slam. Been trying to tune it out, basically back to stock and seems to be still doing it.

I hope oyu figured it out.
    12' F-150 SCREW, FX4, 3.5TT, CRP Manifolds/SPD Turbo Adapters/MBRP Offroad DP/AFE Intake/170 tstat/CP-E intercooler, 3.73 gear, 33" Duratrac

Member #
    Liked
    1670 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns363R View Post
    Did you ever resolve this. My truck still does it on the 2-3 shift at WOT. light throttle to 3/4 the 2-3 is smooth as butter. But at wide open throttle its a slam. Been trying to tune it out, basically back to stock and seems to be still doing it.

I hope oyu figured it out.
    What year truck? There's been a few transmission tsbs released for the 1st and 2nd gen 3.5's

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Traded the old 2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4 on its 4the engine
    For a 2017 crew cab sport stx 2.7 and couldn't be happier

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links