Rough Idle on stopping, normal engine op driving - Page 13

Rough Idle on stopping, normal engine op driving

This is a discussion on Rough Idle on stopping, normal engine op driving within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Pop the hood and listen for a vacuum leak. I had a line that would pop off under high boost. Zip tie solved the problem. ...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rough Idle on stopping, normal engine op driving

Member #
    Pop the hood and listen for a vacuum leak. I had a line that would pop off under high boost. Zip tie solved the problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    629 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm Grimm View Post
    Just got a used '13 that I realized after the fact had an intermittent rough idle. Was wondering if anyone with a tune had experienced this? The One guy in this thread who was experiencing it that seemed to "fix" this with the walnut blasting also said he got a SCT tuner at the same time. Also through my searching, I haven't seen anyone say they were experiencing this on a tuned truck. Could this boil down to something in the factory tune? Got my fingers crossed that the Diablosport i2 that UPS is saying is out for delivery will fix this for me today.
    I'm fighting the same battle. For one, yes the stock tune does idle slightly rough from experience. I wouldn't jump into walnut blasting, valve cleaning etc immediately. Start w the plugs and boots. I wouldn't drill the weep hole immediately either. Get a custom tune from MPT, ,5*, Unleashed (need more info to point you in a better direction) with a SCT X4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    629 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblest View Post
    Plugs every 20k to 30k gapped correctly, mobile one full synthetic and filter every 5k. Walnut blast valves after 100k miles and add water meth injection for preventative maintenance and a little power increase. Also a descent catch can, make sure to empty regularly. What am I forgetting? Do not drop the hammer, you have to feather into a turbo.... At this point, no one is allowed to drive my truck because the last test driver warped the driver side manifold.... What a catastrophe! But nothing money can't fix

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    I'm with you. How did you address the manifold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    kicking screaming and bloody knuckles.... to say the least. Had to grind off the turbo to downpipe bolts, not fun! Other issues, namely quick connects, also gave me problems. I can tell you the engine is really breathing with ease now. I still have the upgraded fuel pump to install before I run any updated tunes or try WOT. I may have also not been able to get the bolts on the CR Performance manifolds torqued to spec. With the larger ports the walls are thicker and impede on the ability to get a descent socket around the nuts for the bottom bolts. Ended up grinding down a 1/4" socket so that it would fit. The nuts towards the front are the harder ones to torque down. On the passenger side the AC component has to be unbolted and moved slightly. I'm sure you know all this.
    Right now, I am on stock tune and yes it runs rougher than a proper aftermarket tune does. But not like it did when I had my rough idle issues. My real opinion on that is a large misfire throws the engine out of balance. Only time, proper care, and running it hard will bring it back to balance. But i'm no mechanic!
    I'm looking to getting it to Evans tuning to check my work and get a real dyno tune. Others near me, they don't deal with meth or the GT turbos, yet...

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Wink!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    SCT Livewire TS+ w/ 5*custom 93 tune / AFE CAI / AFE Blade Runner charge pipe / AFE 4" cat back / Snow Performance water/meth kit / 170 Tstat / CR Performance full bore exhaust manifolds / Full Race GT Turbos / Turbo Smart BOVs / UPR dual catch can / SP534 Plugs at .03 Some others; Hellwig sway bars / Bilstein shocks / Pro Comp add a leafs / walnut blast valves / 180k miles orig. eng. / heavy foot

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Sponsored Links