F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Who else's 10 speed has a whine... talked to about a half dozen people now and some of their's do and some don't.

Shifting and everything has been awesome, just curious how many people have the wine as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The 10R80s are a little whinier... mine is noticeable if I'm at low speeds near a building (drive-thrus being the most common). There are people who have substantial whines in all gears, which isn't normal.

The trick is figuring out when some whine is too much whine...

Please, everyone consider the fact that the OP has ears of a bunny. He can hear a gnat 100 yards away.

You do NOT hear what he hears.

Silk, your truck is BRAND new. Please go run the ever dog-loving snot out of it!

DARE it to break something.

It's the best thing you could possibly do to shake it down and discover if this really is your next truck. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I only have the 6R80 and can't comment on a whining 10 speed.
What I can tell you with utter certainty, is if I had a 10 speed that whined, we would sit down and have a discussion about my inability to deal with whining.
If it did it again, it would go to bed without dinner. ;)

Reactions: stereotype one
Discussion starter · #8 ·
Poor Silk.

He's unwittingly drawn us out. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Lol
It actually doesn't bother me and it shifts perfectly. I was mainly just curious.
After doing tons of research, because that's kind of OCD guy I am and I was bored last night, it seems like it's pretty normal, on the Chevy side and the Ford side with the 10 speed.
A lot I came across on Google/YouTube were louder then mine.

Did I mention I absolutely freaking love this truck!!? [emoji16]

Reactions: snakebitten
One guy on youtube just posted a tear down of a 10r80 they're putting clutch packs in if you wanna see all the crap inside of it.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Mines definitely getting slightly quieter with more miles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.