turbo upgrade advice

turbo upgrade advice

This is a discussion on turbo upgrade advice within the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum (2015+) category; hello new to the forum. im sure their is already a thread about this. i am looking at putting new turbos on my 2015 3.5 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Envious

Thread: turbo upgrade advice

Member #

turbo upgrade advice

hello new to the forum. im sure their is already a thread about this. i am looking at putting new turbos on my 2015 3.5 ecoboost due to my driver turbo failing. done some research on upgraded turbos. looking for advice on best turbo to go with and which custom tuning company to go with after i get new turbos installed onto truck? also what kind of reliability do the engines have after installing bigger turbos?

Member #
    Liked
    426 times
    Normally if you install bigger turbos you need to keep up with fueling. So you may need to purchase a new DI HPFP for around $1500 (I think that is the price of the 35 pump)
    But for tuning definitely @Boostking or Brew City boost
    Boostking likes this.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1056 times
    I'm guessing you are the one that posted on F150Forum as well?

Great info on this site to help you out and some folks that have done it. As @Envious points out, it's a good idea to upgrade the HPFP at the same time. It isn't mandatory though as the tuner can taper in the boost.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Yes I did post on the other forum. So if I do the ford performance turbos I should do a hpfp? I was going to start with smaller mods first but due to turbo failure plans changed. Which company do you guys prefer for turbos and other mods? On a limited budget so cant do everything at once unfortunately.

Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1056 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdracing736 View Post
    Yes I did post on the other forum. So if I do the ford performance turbos I should do a hpfp? I was going to start with smaller mods first but due to turbo failure plans changed. Which company do you guys prefer for turbos and other mods? On a limited budget so cant do everything at once unfortunately.
    My opinion is that you can add the HPFP whenever you like. It's not mandatory, but will allow for more flow at lower RPM's. You can always work with your tuner and look at datalogs to see how much need your particular truck has for a better HPFP.

Do the Turbo's first, look at a set of CRP manifolds while you're in there.

Everyone has a preference when it comes to vendors, so it's best to hunt around a bit and see what suits your needs and budget. For turbos, I would look at Full Race or Ford Performance and see which you prefer. Ford Performance does come with some hardware, which is nice.

Sponsored Links