Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS? - Page 18

Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS?

This is a discussion on Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS? within the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum (2015+) category; I haven't posted in this thread. But I made Ryan promise me to NOT post in it. There's absolutely nothing to be gained. I hope ...

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree322Likes

Thread: Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS?

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3058 times
    I haven't posted in this thread.
    But I made Ryan promise me to NOT post in it. There's absolutely nothing to be gained.

I hope he takes my advice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have to ask... @ Hyper, if you're throwing that kind of money around, don't you have some sort of legal contract with the vendors you do business with? Something that explicitly states obligations, deadlines, penalties for breaking it, etc.? Not attacking you or taking sides, just curious because it seems it would be prudent if you have other obligations to your own customers. Business is business, no matter what reputation (real or not) someone has.

I do appreciate those that have come forward with their experiences. I hope you all get some sort of resolution so you can move on. Thanks also to the mods for allowing the conversation.
    TX-Ripper likes this.
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    This thread is basically people who have had positive experiences with RMB vs people who have negative experiences with RMB. Seems about 50/50 so far.

And the "accused" is not going to defend themselves. Which could be a smart move.

But if I am going to spend a bunch of cash on a built motor with a 50/50 chance that I am going to have a bad experience, I'm finding someone else.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    AllWhiteEco likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Ecoboost Veteran jibtechwarrior's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    But I made Ryan promise me to NOT post in it. There's absolutely nothing to be gained.

What's the point of this post?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1043 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardking419 View Post
    This thread is basically people who have had positive experiences with RMB vs people who have negative experiences with RMB. Seems about 50/50 so far.

And the "accused" is not going to defend themselves. Which could be a smart move.

But if I am going to spend a bunch of cash on a built motor with a 50/50 chance that I am going to have a bad experience, I'm finding someone else.

Do you think Ryan has only built 6 motors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GearHead_1 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Yes. I think he has only built 6 motors.

Hey, I get it. You've had a positive experience.

And Ryan has helped out a lot of people on this forum and seems very knowledgeable. I don't know him and probably never will. I live in MN. My truck will rust out before a badass engine will need to be installed.

Most people seem to say he builds a solid engine with lackluster service. Need both to have a good company.

Last edited by Lizardking419; 05-03-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1043 times

And Ryan has helped out a lot of people on this forum and seems very knowledgeable. I don't know him and probably never will. I live in MN. My truck will rust out before a badass engine will need to be installed.

Most people seem to say he builds a solid engine with lackluster service. Need both to have a good company.

It doesn’t take much to realize that he has built more than 6 motors. Lacklustre service? I would say flying to FL to look at a clients motor when complaints were raised. Then do a complete rebuild of it.

I’m just not getting what folks think will be gained by him jumping back in the “clear his name”. He already responded to the OP and that doesn’t seem to have made a lick of difference. I mean, he is a “con” anyway, right?

Spend a little time outside of this forum on Facebook and YouTube and you’ll see Hyper and NMB2 aren’t all sunshine and buttercups to their clients. Hell, the language and petty comments made here alone give you an idea how professional they are.

Member #
    Liked
    659 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown F-150 View Post
    It doesn’t take much to realize that he has built more than 6 motors. Lacklustre service? I would say flying to FL to look at a clients motor when complaints were raised. Then do a complete rebuild of it.

Yeah this is true for sure

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown F-150 View Post

I’m just not getting what folks think will be gained by him jumping back in the “clear his name”. He already responded to the OP and that doesn’t seem to have made a lick of difference. I mean, he is a “con” anyway, right?

Spend a little time outside of this forum on Facebook and YouTube and you’ll see Hyper and NMB2 aren’t all sunshine and buttercups to their clients. Hell, the language and petty comments made here alone give you an idea how professional they are.

Perhaps I chose the wrong username. I’d rather speak as an individual. Legally, I’m not even an employee, I’m a sub. I just want to help out the owners of the company whom i admire, and dont think deserve to lose big after what they’ve put into it. I could walk away at any time, but I’m not. I’ve had regular jobs, hell two years ago I was building the drift chassis for Vaughn Gittin and Chelsea Denofa, enjoying a 8-5 job as a race fabricator without a thought of work on the way home every day...

I’ve been known to be blunt. I am not the original Hypercar team, I exposed bad behavior and people were removed. Now, I’m cleaning up the mess after they treated customers much like Ryan does. Hyper is warranting these engines out of pocket *cough cough* for its customers who weren’t satisfied and brought them back. (Free rebuilds). I employed Ryan because I could tell he is knowledgeable and likes to push the envelope much like myself. A switch flipped when I said that we aren’t made of money, we are losing on every single one, and some of the factory parts I want to use.. (cams, factory Del West valves, valvetrain). Ryan was seeing dollar signs and refused to build the engines the way I wanted to.. “we have to use billet cranks, custom xx, custom Y,” “I know the guy who designed this, he said it won’t do what you want it to” etc etc. I told him we could do development work once the first couple builds were successful, and I’d be happy to go crazy later, but it’s not affordable at the moment, I just need solid bottom ends that will survive.

What appeared to happen at that point, was that all of my stuff went into storage, and everything was another “two weeks out” for the next four months. Mind, the first was supposed to be done around September. I literally retrieved parts back in worse condition than was sent, with not a single lick of work done other than the custom billet rods and pistons that were complete in August iirc. Dude stole a holed block I told him he couldn’t keep, and he did things like charging for new valves he actually took from other heads I provided. We threw money we didn’t have at him to get it done. I lost my company credit card when it burned its way out of my pocket.

My customers are angry, and they’re the ones with pockets deep enough to smash anyone legally. These are people with $250k weekend track toys.. Do you see my situation?
    Do you know what it’s like to walk into work every day and see the same cars sitting without engines for nine months, knowing that the owners are furious and feeling helpless about the situation? I’ve begged and pleaded, and it’s just lie after lie. My whole Christmas holiday season was absolutely ruined, because I’m having to grovel to customers and beg them not to crush the company. My heart stops when one of them calls me up. But guess what, I pick up the phone and I’m honest with them. I was giving them Ryan’s word by proxy, and looking like an incompetent asshole because of his lies. If I come off a bit upset, forgive me. But I wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire.

The past weeks I’ve been begging Ryan to borrow tooling we paid to have made, machinist is waiting, customers have been informed, “yeah, they’re shipped.” I’m holding my breath until I turn blue... nope. More lies. More dragging me in the dirt. More dirty looks from the people I answer to. He knows everything. I’ve begged. I didn’t do a damn thing except give him one of the best opportunities of his life, and I’ve never been treated worse.
    Last edited by HYPER; 05-04-2019 at 12:24 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DNA Dan View Post
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have to ask... @ Hyper, if you're throwing that kind of money around, don't you have some sort of legal contract with the vendors you do business with? Something that explicitly states obligations, deadlines, penalties for breaking it, etc.? Not attacking you or taking sides, just curious because it seems it would be prudent if you have other obligations to your own customers. Business is business, no matter what reputation (real or not) someone has.

I do appreciate those that have come forward with their experiences. I hope you all get some sort of resolution so you can move on. Thanks also to the mods for allowing the conversation.
    It would be prudent, you are correct. Mistakes were made. I overestimated Ryan’s integrity after receiving good service on the Gen1 ecoboost race engine I had him build.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links