Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS? - Page 19

Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS?

This is a discussion on Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS? within the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum (2015+) category; For those of you that bought and are running Mr.Browns motors and are completely satisfied just wondering do your engines run like this? https://youtu.be/tik4QgvMwd4 And ...

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree322Likes

Thread: Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS?

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    For those of you that bought and are running Mr.Browns motors and are completely satisfied just wondering do your engines run like this? https://youtu.be/tik4QgvMwd4
    And where's all your bad ass videos? And as far as I know this is the only known EcoBoost making close to 1000hp. Mr.Brown has been claiming for years that his engine's can do that and then some. Talk about false advertising.... All you Ryan Brown fans pull out all your evidence of all the great powerful beast that he claims to have. Cause I have yet to see one. If I had the money 😉 I think these are the folks I would have build my engine. They not have the knowledge but the proof to back up the claims.
    Last edited by Spob2019; 05-04-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Sorry to anyone trying to pm me.... My inbox was full. Didn't think that could happen. To answer the most asked question, no I have not personally heard from Ryan. I don't believe the other mods have either.

We restored every post (the shed one was hard deleted and can't be restored for those wondering ) any posts that have been deleted have been done so by the user that posted it.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Like others posting, I don't have a dog in this fight. But it bothers me when people ask for evidence of 600+ hp RMB motors.
    The fact is, the capabilities of a motor depends on whats in it and how well it's put together. How much a motor makes depends on what the customer does with it.

If I buy a 600hp motor but only have 400hp worth of turbos on it, it's not the engine builders fault I'm not at 600.
    mwemaxxowner likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
    Like others posting, I don't have a dog in this fight. But it bothers me when people ask for evidence of 600+ hp RMB motors.
    The fact is, the capabilities of a motor depends on whats in it and how well it's put together. How much a motor makes depends on what the customer does with it.

If I buy a 600hp motor but only have 400hp worth of turbos on it, it's not the engine builders fault I'm not at 600.
    I don't think this is what theyre asking for...

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown F-150 View Post
    It doesnít take much to realize that he has built more than 6 motors. Lacklustre service? I would say flying to FL to look at a clients motor when complaints were raised. Then do a complete rebuild of it.

Iím just not getting what folks think will be gained by him jumping back in the ďclear his nameĒ. He already responded to the OP and that doesnít seem to have made a lick of difference. I mean, he is a ďconĒ anyway, right?

Spend a little time outside of this forum on Facebook and YouTube and youíll see Hyper and NMB2 arenít all sunshine and buttercups to their clients. Hell, the language and petty comments made here alone give you an idea how professional they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure he's built more than 6 motors. That was sarcasm. I've been on this forum for almost 5 years.

I get most of my Ecoboost info from this forum. I haven't had Facebook for 3-4 years and I'm not going back.

And I never said he was a con.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lizardking419; 05-04-2019 at 04:31 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post

Then why the hell would you want that spend that much money and put that type of motor in just to stay at 600 horse? I'm pretty sure you can push the factory block to almost that much horsepower for a bit. If you blow it up you can buy another crate engine for $4500.00 bucks. Not the extra thousands Brown is charging. How do you know it's got the potential if there not one out there pushing it to see if it will hold up? Especially since he brags about selling 100's of these. If you bought one of his engine's and don't sound like the one in my last post you spent to much.
    Last edited by Spob2019; 05-04-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    ptown likes this.

Ecoboost Master 2016BoostedGreyGoose's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    649 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Purefection View Post
    Sorry to anyone trying to pm me.... My inbox was full. Didn't think that could happen. To answer the most asked question, no I have not personally heard from Ryan. I don't believe the other mods have either.

We restored every post (the shed one was hard deleted and can't be restored for those wondering ) any posts that have been deleted have been done so by the user that posted it.

Happy to assist.....

Name:  Screenshot_20190504-080832_Message+.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  228.6 KB

Ecoboost Master 2016BoostedGreyGoose's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    649 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HYPER View Post
    Perhaps I chose the wrong username. Iíd rather speak as an individual. Legally, Iím not even an employee, Iím a sub. I just want to help out the owners of the company whom i admire, and dont think deserve to lose big after what theyíve put into it. I could walk away at any time, but Iím not. Iíve had regular jobs, hell two years ago I was building the drift chassis for Vaughn Gittin and Chelsea Denofa, enjoying a 8-5 job as a race fabricator without a thought of work on the way home every day...

Iíve been known to be blunt. I am not the original Hypercar team, I exposed bad behavior and people were removed. Now, Iím cleaning up the mess after they treated customers much like Ryan does. Hyper is warranting these engines out of pocket *cough cough* for its customers who werenít satisfied and brought them back. (Free rebuilds). I employed Ryan because I could tell he is knowledgeable and likes to push the envelope much like myself. A switch flipped when I said that we arenít made of money, we are losing on every single one, and some of the factory parts I want to use.. (cams, factory Del West valves, valvetrain). Ryan was seeing dollar signs and refused to build the engines the way I wanted to.. ďwe have to use billet cranks, custom xx, custom Y,Ē ďI know the guy who designed this, he said it wonít do what you want it toĒ etc etc. I told him we could do development work once the first couple builds were successful, and Iíd be happy to go crazy later, but itís not affordable at the moment, I just need solid bottom ends that will survive.

What appeared to happen at that point, was that all of my stuff went into storage, and everything was another ďtwo weeks outĒ for the next four months. Mind, the first was supposed to be done around September. I literally retrieved parts back in worse condition than was sent, with not a single lick of work done other than the custom billet rods and pistons that were complete in August iirc. Dude stole a holed block I told him he couldnít keep, and he did things like charging for new valves he actually took from other heads I provided. We threw money we didnít have at him to get it done. I lost my company credit card when it burned its way out of my pocket.

My customers are angry, and theyíre the ones with pockets deep enough to smash anyone legally. These are people with $250k weekend track toys.. Do you see my situation?
    Do you know what itís like to walk into work every day and see the same cars sitting without engines for nine months, knowing that the owners are furious and feeling helpless about the situation? Iíve begged and pleaded, and itís just lie after lie. My whole Christmas holiday season was absolutely ruined, because Iím having to grovel to customers and beg them not to crush the company. My heart stops when one of them calls me up. But guess what, I pick up the phone and Iím honest with them. I was giving them Ryanís word by proxy, and looking like an incompetent asshole because of his lies. If I come off a bit upset, forgive me. But I wouldnít piss on him if he was on fire.

The past weeks Iíve been begging Ryan to borrow tooling we paid to have made, machinist is waiting, customers have been informed, ďyeah, theyíre shipped.Ē Iím holding my breath until I turn blue... nope. More lies. More dragging me in the dirt. More dirty looks from the people I answer to. He knows everything. Iíve begged. I didnít do a damn thing except give him one of the best opportunities of his life, and Iíve never been treated worse.
    Sorry for not jumping on the Ryan bandy....not really sorry. I believe this person.... Dont care if I get banned for it or not. Glad that this thread has been allowed to survive...so far. Pros and CONS alike. Unfortunate for the ones that are involved but just because someone may have had a positive encounter doesnt mean all will and vis a vis. HYPER..... I know that feeling in a different way. Its unfortunate if this pans out to be true that one person's lack of action, resolution or conviction could have such a profound and lasting effect on another and all that rely on that person. I too hope for some sort of resolution. ****ed up position for both of you to be in and cant help but think this was completely avoidable.
    Over promise and under deliver is a recipe for disaster. Under promise and OVER deliver will always gain you unbiased rep.
    mtxpert likes this.

Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1056 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardking419 View Post
    I'm sure he's built more than 6 motors. That was sarcasm. I've been on this forum for almost 5 years.

I get most of my Ecoboost info from this forum. I haven't had Facebook for 3-4 years and I'm not going back.

And I never said he was a con.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I can totally understand not wanting to be on Facebook!

The con comment was meant to highlight that the accusers arenít going to change their minds regardless of what Ryan posts. This thread serves no point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lizardking419 likes this.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links