Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS?

Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS?

This is a discussion on Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS? within the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum (2015+) category; I run a small business doing performance builds on high end vehicles, Raptors being one of them... During research on buying built performance ecoboost engines, ...

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree322Likes

Thread: Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS?

Member #
    Liked
    47 times

Exclamation Anyone had warranty issues with RMB MOTOR WORKS?

I run a small business doing performance builds on high end vehicles, Raptors being one of them... During research on buying built performance ecoboost engines, I found RMB to be well recommended and received... I ordered a Gen1 as well as a Gen2 ecoboost 3.5 for a few builds.

HOWEVER, after spending tens of thousands of dollars on builds, (a gen 1 ecoboost, a gen 2 ecoboost, and a handful of Mclaren engines,) I've had some issues.

• The gen1 ecoboost started knocking within 20 miles, Ryan actually came out and tore it down in person... fantastic! Couldn't find a problem, it came back intact and runs fine (albeit late)
    • The gen2 ecoboost blew up in under 3000 miles, catastrophic failure. Loss of compression on left bank. Timing guide exploded, apparently due to a tensioner failure.. At this point RMB stopped returning calls...
    • The Mclaren engine suffered an unknown failure, we're going to have to eat that one too ($$$$$) again no response from RMB

In between ordering the gen1 engine and getting it running, I was impressed by his knowledge and apparent integrity , and employed him to r&d, develop a rotating assembly, and put together THREE mclaren engines, with about half a dozen to follow after the first were received. I sent over $150k in engines to his "shop," with promises that the first engine would be delivered in a few months. Six months later, there were apparent problems sourcing bearings; no problem, I discussed the issue with my clients and we agreed to go with a billet crankshaft. RMB was to spec a custom billet crank, and order ten units to start ($30k for the first 5, the second 5 would be held as shelf stock by MFG)

Turns out I was bull****ted the whole time, the cranks were never spec'd, as RMB decided that he'd spec and throw together his own stroker setup for the ecoboost platform instead of ours. I finally got fed up with getting bull****ted, and drove all the way to NJ (over 12 hours) to retreive my parts. Turns out, none of the engines were even in the shop... they were in a storage unit, and I had to jump through hoops and wait nearly 24 hours to even get my ****. One engine block and two sets of liners was missing, the custom pistons and rods we bought were scrubbed of part numbers and reboxed, and no machine work whatsoever was performed. the torque plates we paid to have made for the blocks were now his property apparently; and after begging to "borrow" them so another machine shop could hone our blocks, one lie after another about shipping and tracking. We are now being sued for nearly half a million dollars due to RMB's lies and deception, and failing to meet delivery dates due to broken promises.

Curious to know if anyone else has had a similar experience?
      Videos coming soon....

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    After replacing phasers, tensioners, and guides on our own dime after Ryan went ghost, the 3000 mile raptor still knocks and won’t run. Junk.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Member #
    Liked
    2616 times
    This thread needs to be locked this isn't the kind of dirty laundry you air on a forum especially when you are in legal action with said company.
    Scott91370 likes this.
    2011 XLT Screw 6.5' Box, Tux Black, 4" BDS lift, 34" BFG KO2 tires, 18x8.5" +18 XD spy Wheels, PTM oem Flares. Rampage Slimline nerf bars. 5* Tuned 87 P/T.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    47 times

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winchested View Post
    This thread needs to be locked this isn't the kind of dirty laundry you air on a forum especially when you are in legal action with said company.
    No legal action, there’s no point. Dude doesn’t have a pot to piss in.

Welcome to RMB Motor Works Headquarters
    Envious likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Engine #3 that blew up last week. Cost of replacement is $65k for this engine alone. It was delivered late, Ryan lied to us and them about shipping and tracking, causing owner to file suit. Finally get it in the car and a few short months later, it blew up too. Sad
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winchested View Post
    Actually, this is exactly the kind of dirty laundry you air when a scumbag is ripping people off for their hard earned money. The almost year of pure headache and nonstop stress (not to mention tremendous losses) is not something I’d wish on anyone. Ryan has been given dozens of opportunities to make it right, hell; I’d even ignore the $9k tow bill we paid to get my customer’s ‘18 raptor from the west coast of Canada to east coast USA, if he’d provide parts and info to repair. I warned that I was going scorched earth, and hey, here it is. Grab your popcorn bub.

Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    I've learned over many years there are not one side or two sides to every story - but three. Your side, Ryan's side and somewhere in the middle is the third, known as The Truth.
    So in stead of bringing BS here maybe you should take legal action. Even if the picture you posted is his place there is always a way.

I've never had any personal or business dealings with Ryan but he has always been helpful here and this is the first bad thing I've heard. As far as you around here - you're a nobody. Six posts in your first thread doesn't bring about good thoughts about your character. And doesn't change my mind about his.

Hopefully this does get locked, if not deleted.
    BRoell likes this.
    2015 Ingot Silver - 3.5 Ecoboost FX4

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91370 View Post
    I've learned over many years there are not one side or two sides to every story - but three. Your side, Ryan's side and somewhere in the middle is the third, known as The Truth.
    So in stead of bringing BS here maybe you should take legal action. Even if the picture you posted is his place there is always a way.

I've never had any personal or business dealings with Ryan but he has always been helpful here and this is the first bad thing I've heard. As far as you around here - you're a nobody. Six posts in your first thread doesn't bring about good thoughts about your character. And doesn't change my mind about his.

Hopefully this does get locked, if not deleted.
    I’ve been in touch with the site staff, and now at least one customer with a similar situation. I have been incredibly generous with my dealings with Ryan over the last year, and I warned him that if he insisted on screwing me, I’d go public. Ryan singlehandedly nearly destroyed this company, with no effort to make it right... and he continues to BS all of you.

As for being new here,
    I build $250k+ supercars for a living, spending time on a F150 forum isn’t the most productive use of my time.

Subscribe and pull up a chair.
    Last edited by HYPER; 04-30-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Gold Supporting Member TX-Ripper's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1034 times
    @HYPER When people have asked about the warranty terms in the past, it has been a dead end.

I believe the most cited answer to that question was “how dare you question xxx”

With your low post count you will likely have to post more “evidence” to prove you were even a customer of said company.

Your claims will prove to be very unpopular on this forum as most here “drink the koolaid” and practice extreme tribalism.

Everyone wants to believe and be apart of something (it’s seductive) even when they see things that contradicts the common narrative. Reminds me of https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...7s_New_Clothes

I don’t look at isolated Incidents, I look at patterns.

I would recommend you seek legal counsel if your claims are true.
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid

Current: 2018 F150 5.0 4x4 Platinum Screw 3.31 Gears Whipple Supercharged 754rwhp 616rwtq : Remote Dyno Tuned with HPtuners by Palm Beach Dyno
    Sold: 2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Screw Platinum 3.55 Full-Race GT Turbos, Intercooler, Downpipes
    Link to my YouTube Channel - Dyno videos, Racing ect: https://shorturl.at/epIMY
    Link to my Build Thread: https://shorturl.at/cdqtE

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links