K&N cold air system results. - Page 3

K&N cold air system results.

This is a discussion on K&N cold air system results. within the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum (2015+) category; Originally Posted by George I am not arguing the observation, I am pointing out the attitude in some of these responses. Seems like there is ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: K&N cold air system results.

  1. #21
    Ecoboost Master Envious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,019
    Member #
    14405
    Liked
    354 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I am not arguing the observation, I am pointing out the attitude in some of these responses. Seems like there is more posing and vanity here than a red carpet event.
    K...
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Gearhead Tuned
    Wagner CAC - Accel Copper Plugs
    Bilstein 5100's

  2. #22
    Super Moderator milesej05's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    7,459
    Member #
    3552
    Liked
    3247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I am not arguing the observation, I am pointing out the attitude in some of these responses. Seems like there is more posing and vanity here than a red carpet event.
    14 FX4 Ext, 3.5l Ecoboost, K&N, SuperChips, Accel Spark/Caps

    Don't be upset that you are trying to validate your purchase of a K&N intake...I can see why you get flustered.

    The reason why some of the "attitude" in responses for threads that deal with CAI's is because people actually THINK they are gaining HP. And the data speaks for itself. On top of newer members beating a dead horse about this crap.
    Envious and Lizardking419 like this.
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.



    Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html


    New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html


  3. #23
    Rookie Dbvettez06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    47778
    Further observation. Drove vehicle today, air conditioner on very windy. 80 % highway 55mph and 20 % around town.
    Mileage dropped to 26.9. Very windy might have affected mileage. But, there is a definite increase over anything I have experienced in owning this vehicle since new.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Ecoboost Veteran tvsjr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    410
    Member #
    66176
    Liked
    186 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbvettez06 View Post
    Further observation. Drove vehicle today, air conditioner on very windy. 80 % highway 55mph and 20 % around town.
    Mileage dropped to 26.9. Very windy might have affected mileage. But, there is a definite increase over anything I have experienced in owning this vehicle since new.
    Sounds like a truly scientific test. Lots of good control for random variables, there.
    milesej05 likes this.

  6. #25
    Rookie Dbvettez06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    47778
    I come from a grand nation group that where always tweaking the cars. Got one to run a 12.19 quarter mile time av gas open exhaust etc. then came my 02 Z06. Forged stroked D1 procharger putting out 650 rwhp and 640 rwtq.
    So I guess it’s in my blood, even with my truck. Just want to piece by piece make a good thing better.

  7. #26
    Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Coastal Texas
    Posts
    3,353
    Member #
    52137
    Liked
    2861 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbvettez06 View Post
    I come from a grand nation group that where always tweaking the cars. Got one to run a 12.19 quarter mile time av gas open exhaust etc. then came my 02 Z06. Forged stroked D1 procharger putting out 650 rwhp and 640 rwtq.
    So I guess itâ€s in my blood, even with my truck. Just want to piece by piece make a good thing better.
    Hang in there. It's like you walked into a new campfire circle with a bunch of guys that have been there for hours and have long covered the startup subjects.

    On the Ecoboost, mentioning a Cold Air Intake is like starting off with "how's the fishing?" without knowing it's been covered adnauseum.

    Anyways, just hold your ground. Lol

    But do yourself a favor and don't ask about cat back exhaust gains.



    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    EcoXLT likes this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

  8. #27
    Eco-Beast EcoXLT's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,776
    Member #
    6645
    Liked
    863 times
    Snake. You just made me laugh out loud all by myself.
    I was thinking of a way to respond to OP because he got hammered so quickly. You nailed a good comparison of how it can feel.

  9. #28
    Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Coastal Texas
    Posts
    3,353
    Member #
    52137
    Liked
    2861 times
    I was the new guy once.

    And talk about stepping in it.

    First post was in a rant thread owned by Tex.
    And even worse than that, I was off topic and high jacking his thread.

    I survived.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    milesej05 likes this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

  10. #29
    Rookie Dbvettez06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    47778
    Did two tours in Vietnam. I can handle it 🍺

  11. #30
    Super Moderator milesej05's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    7,459
    Member #
    3552
    Liked
    3247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    I was the new guy once.

    And talk about stepping in it.

    First post was in a rant thread owned by Tex.
    And even worse than that, I was off topic and high jacking his thread.

    I survived.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

    You made it through the mud, now look at ya! lol
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.



    Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html


    New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 103
    Last Post: 10-11-2016, 09:52 AM
  2. Catch can results. Cold temps, Chicago area 2,000 miles
    By jmattpodo511 in forum F150 Ecoboost Maintenance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2016, 12:07 PM
Connect with us: F150 Ecoboost Forum on Twitter F150 Ecoboost Forum on Facebook F150 Ecoboost Forum RSS Feed
Find us on Google+