Terrible experience with SCT - Page 2

Terrible experience with SCT

This is a discussion on Terrible experience with SCT within the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum (2015+) category; I think it's BS when the SCT device bricks when you are updating the damn device using their proprietary software, that YOU (the customer) has ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Terrible experience with SCT

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3293 times
    I think it's BS when the SCT device bricks when you are updating the damn device using their proprietary software, that YOU (the customer) has to pay $150 dollars to send the device in and have the hardware updated. After that, they only give you a 30 day warranty.

Ask me how I know.
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    867 times
    It's really difficult to say in that situation. You have to remember, these devices have a 1 year warranty. I had someone upset that had a 5 year old device that died. Things are not going to last forever.

Samsung, Sony, Apple, whatever, is not going to warranty your product forever, neither are other companies like us. Yes it does suck if your device dies during an update and I completely sympathize in that scenario. Memory cards can go bad, boards can go bad, things can go bad. It's just luck of the draw really. I have a few x4's that are 5+ years old and work like a charm, and I've also been on the other side as well.

The scenario OP had was different, and I would be upset too. Seems he just came here to rant though, I have not had a PM yet.
    2013 Tuxedo Black SCrew Ecoboost FX4 w Appearance Package 5.5 box, 3.73. Mods: SCT LWTS+ custom tuned, Full-Race/BorgWarner OEM+ "GT Turbos", Tifosi Exhaust Manifolds, RTR HPFP, CP-E FMIC w/ TurboSmart SuperSonic, CP-E 3" Catted Downpipes, AFE Magnum Force Pro Dry-S Intake, Borla Touring Cat-Back, Terra G2s 305/55/20 on Method N/V 20x9, Leveled Bilstein 5100 RHA 1.5", 20" LED light bar, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Morimoto LED Fogs, Extang Revolution Tonneau Cover, Custom LED bed lighting, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Tailgate Remote Power Lock Mod, MaxLiner Floor Mats, Ford OEM Underseat Cargo Box, LED Interior and Reverse Lights (Diode Dynamics), Recon LED 3rd Brake Light, NL Door Detents, .50 cal antenna, Custom Coding (ForScan)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostking View Post
    No PM as of yet.
    Sorry for the delay in response. I have been out of town for work and don't get much free time to hop on the forum when traveling. I really appreciate you reaching out to help however, SCT has seen the post/review and called me Friday. They decided to take everything back with full refund. It still makes it tough to do future business with them, but I certainly appreciate the call rectifying the situation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    I have had good experience with SCT. Back around Christmas my X4 flaked out during a tune reload and killed my PCM. It took them a bit but they fix the X4 and sent me a replacement PCM. It sucked that it happened but they responded well.
    2011 FX4 SCREW, 3.5 EB. 3.73 and 5* and MPT Tunes, SW catted DP and SW 3.5 inch Chambered Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Mishimoto CAC, and very rusty cab corners.

Member #
    Liked
    1786 times
    Looks like its good to know someone on this forum; who actually knows a person, who's heard of a friend, who has a cousin and or brother of a....etc you get the jist-lol
    That worked out nicely thanks to BoostKing!-it definitely appears.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by meaz93 View Post
    Looks like its good to know someone on this forum; who actually knows a person, who's heard of a friend, who has a cousin and or brother of a....etc you get the jist-lol
    That worked out nicely thanks to BoostKing!-it definitely appears.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    No kidding! VERY thankful for the support and help especially from you Boostking!
    Envious and Boostking like this.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by meaz93 View Post
    looks like its good to know someone on this forum; who actually knows a person, who's heard of a friend, who has a cousin and or brother of a....etc you get the jist-lol
    dad?!
    VegasFX4 likes this.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious View Post
    dad?!
    haha! "You're gonna be sorry, you don't know who my dad is!"

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious View Post
    dad?!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I just recently bought a used sct tuner. Couldn’t get it to work on my truck. Called SCT. of course I get the recording “ wait times are long. Blah blah. Leave your number we will call you back”. Sure enough they called me back. Walked me through everything. The tech asked about my usb cable. I had no idea there are ones for charging and different ones for data. Tried a new cable. Updated the firmware. Works great.thumbs up For SCT customer service
    Boostking and mhagley24 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links