Terrible experience with SCT

This is a discussion on Terrible experience with SCT within the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum (2015+) category; First off I want to say, I am very reasonable and not a huge complainer by any means. If I get the wrong order at ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Terrible experience with SCT

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

First off I want to say, I am very reasonable and not a huge complainer by any means. If I get the wrong order at a restaurant, most of the time i'll just eat it and not say anything... However, my recent experience with SCT was incredibly bad.

I purchased an SCT GTX tuner on April 3rd from SCT directly, without talking to any representatives, just based on what was available for my 2017 F150 3.5 eb. I intended to install downpipes, turbo adapters, catch can, intakes, and tune all at once. I decided to use a 5 star tune with this display and was unsuccessful. I called tech support to talk through the issues. First tech said it would work no problem. After no further success, I spoke with another tech and they said don't even try it on the 2017 and up models. With that being said, I decided to return it. This is where the trouble started...

Long story short, I called/emailed multiple times and was promised a response. Each time I never received a response and was told they had no record of the previous conversations. After exactly 33 days, I was told I was past the 30 day return policy and I would be charged a 25% restocking fee ($175). They said they could not do a full refund because I had never attempted to return the device throughout the past 30 days, which was incredibly false. They also said a supervisor would not do anything for me. They would not transfer me, and hung up on me. Mind you, I was incredibly polite during each interaction.

That being said, I know this is a small loss, but I have never dealt with a company this big that has ZERO after sales support. I ended up purchasing an nGauge tuner with the 5 star tunes and customer service has been great.

Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Unfortunately I've been hearing more and more stories simular to yours about dealings with sct/customer support

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Traded the old 2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4 on its 4the engine
    For a 2017 crew cab sport stx 2.7 and couldn't be happier

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mhagley24 View Post
    ... However, my recent experience with SCT was incredibly bad.
    Name:  Incredibad.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  22.5 KB
    BigPhatPaulie and duck9191 like this.

2017 SCREW 3.5L XLT FX4 3.31 Locker w/302pkg Ruby Red/Magnetic Metallic
    Roush intake, tune, exhaust, floormats
    Carhartt F&R seat covers
    JLT pass. side catch can
    Tailgate "easy down" strut

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Assuming you have evidence to back all of that up, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. I love AmEx for this reason...

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    852 times
    Please PM me the names of the people you spoke to. I will get to the bottom of this.

Also give me your details (serial number on device) so I can get this taken care of for you. This is not how SCT operates, and I wont stand by and watch it happen.

Stand by.
    2013 Tuxedo Black SCrew Ecoboost FX4 w Appearance Package 5.5 box, 3.73. Mods: SCT LWTS+ custom tuned, Full-Race/BorgWarner OEM+ "GT Turbos", Tifosi Exhaust Manifolds, RTR HPFP, CP-E FMIC w/ TurboSmart SuperSonic, CP-E 3" Catted Downpipes, AFE Magnum Force Pro Dry-S Intake, Borla Touring Cat-Back, Terra G2s 305/55/20 on Method N/V 20x9, Leveled Bilstein 5100 RHA 1.5", 20" LED light bar, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Morimoto LED Fogs, Extang Revolution Tonneau Cover, Custom LED bed lighting, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Tailgate Remote Power Lock Mod, MaxLiner Floor Mats, Ford OEM Underseat Cargo Box, LED Interior and Reverse Lights (Diode Dynamics), Recon LED 3rd Brake Light, NL Door Detents, .50 cal antenna, Custom Coding (ForScan)

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3569 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostking View Post
    Please PM me the names of the people you spoke to. I will get to the bottom of this.

Also give me your details (serial number on device) so I can get this taken care of for you. This is not how SCT operates, and I wont stand by and watch it happen.

Stand by.
    Thanks for your efforts here BK!

My experiences with SCT have always been good also. Please give them another shot!

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
    Boostking likes this.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    852 times
    No PM as of yet.
    2013 Tuxedo Black SCrew Ecoboost FX4 w Appearance Package 5.5 box, 3.73. Mods: SCT LWTS+ custom tuned, Full-Race/BorgWarner OEM+ "GT Turbos", Tifosi Exhaust Manifolds, RTR HPFP, CP-E FMIC w/ TurboSmart SuperSonic, CP-E 3" Catted Downpipes, AFE Magnum Force Pro Dry-S Intake, Borla Touring Cat-Back, Terra G2s 305/55/20 on Method N/V 20x9, Leveled Bilstein 5100 RHA 1.5", 20" LED light bar, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Morimoto LED Fogs, Extang Revolution Tonneau Cover, Custom LED bed lighting, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Tailgate Remote Power Lock Mod, MaxLiner Floor Mats, Ford OEM Underseat Cargo Box, LED Interior and Reverse Lights (Diode Dynamics), Recon LED 3rd Brake Light, NL Door Detents, .50 cal antenna, Custom Coding (ForScan)

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3041 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostking View Post
    No PM as of yet.
    Rant and dissappear?

Hard to help some folks out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Today's peeps

Member #
    Liked
    1784 times
    I've had nothing but great service with SCT as well...
    Is the OP sure he had the right phone number?-lol (only if it isn't happening to you).

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    snakebitten likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links