Sync 3 software version

Sync 3 software version

This is a discussion on Sync 3 software version within the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum (2015+) category; Is there any New update version available? Mine currently shows V3.3...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sync 3 software version

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Sync 3 software version

Is there any New update version available? Mine currently shows V3.3

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Kinguni likes this.

2017 SCREW 3.5L XLT FX4 3.31 Locker w/302pkg Ruby Red/Magnetic Metallic
    Roush intake, tune, exhaust, floormats
    Carhartt F&R seat covers
    JLT pass. side catch can
    Tailgate "easy down" strut

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    in all seriousness ... there are multiple variations within each vehicle type and all may have a different version of the software. log on to the ford owners site and create a profile with all your ford vehicles. it will alert you when something changes and even when there are TSB/recalls for your vehicle(s). easy peasy
    Last edited by JoeKool315; 05-15-2019 at 05:27 AM.
    Kinguni likes this.

2017 SCREW 3.5L XLT FX4 3.31 Locker w/302pkg Ruby Red/Magnetic Metallic
    Roush intake, tune, exhaust, floormats
    Carhartt F&R seat covers
    JLT pass. side catch can
    Tailgate "easy down" strut

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeKool315 View Post
    in all seriousness ... there are multiple variations withing each vehicle type and all may have a different version of the software. log on to the ford owners site and create a profile with all your ford vehicles. it will alert you when something changes and even when there are TSB/recalls for your vehicle(s). easy peasy

Well dammmm. Let me do that haha
    JoeKool315 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Just rip that junk out and put in a new head unit ROFL. I haven't done this, but if anyone knows a kit to do this I'd be happy to know. I HATE the SYNC thing, and bluetooth will randomly stop working (fairly often...) and I have to do a button dance to reset SYNC, which is extremely annoying to me. Oh, and sometimes it just decides to not turn on at all, and then randomly starts working again later (though only on a key cycle, it never starts working while I'm driving).

Member #
    Liked
    28 times

Sync 3 software version

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuske View Post
    Just rip that junk out and put in a new head unit ROFL. I haven't done this, but if anyone knows a kit to do this I'd be happy to know. I HATE the SYNC thing, and bluetooth will randomly stop working (fairly often...) and I have to do a button dance to reset SYNC, which is extremely annoying to me. Oh, and sometimes it just decides to not turn on at all, and then randomly starts working again later (though only on a key cycle, it never starts working while I'm driving).
    Crutch field makes the adapter plugs to swap it out. That said, mine works flawlessly. This the first time that I’m adapting to a factory head unit.

Edit. Even Crutchfield says to leave it alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VegasFX4; 05-19-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3226 times
    Yea, I have the most extensive and elaborate "system" I have ever put in a vehicle and it all is still controlled from the factory Head Unit.

If it was going to cause me to make even the slightest compromise, I wouldn't have kept it. But like mentioned, it's worked flawlessly for me (so far) and I love the native integration with the whole King Ranch package.

If not for the custom A-pillars, nobody would even suspect all the hardware I have stuffed into this Soundstage on wheels.

I love that first instant that a new passenger looks around like "What the heck"?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    Yea, I have the most extensive and elaborate "system" I have ever put in a vehicle and it all is still controlled from the factory Head Unit.

If it was going to cause me to make even the slightest compromise, I wouldn't have kept it. But like mentioned, it's worked flawlessly for me (so far) and I love the native integration with the whole King Ranch package.

If not for the custom A-pillars, nobody would even suspect all the hardware I have stuffed into this Soundstage on wheels.

I love that first instant that a new passenger looks around like "What the heck"?

Would you mind pointing me in the direction of your build post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3226 times
    The stereo build is first introduced in my truck build thread in the truck build section. ("Snakebitten's Build", or something like that. It was created by Jerry at Tifosi Performance, a vendor here on the forum)

Then somewhere along the time the stereo build portion started to get expanded, I think someone suggested a separate stereo build thread in the section that belongs in.

I'm in Tapatalk and not sure how to post a working link/shortcut. But I probably could go find them and bump them for you to make it easy to find.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure they won't be buried too deep in the build sections. Just look for Snake.......?

2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3226 times
    OK, the truck build thread isn't buried too deep since there really aren't many builds.
    (see picture below)

I bumped the stereo thread for you. Called "Snake Tunes"

It's in the Electronics section and was buried pretty deep because that section isn't designated for just builds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links