Rattle when blipping the throttle - Page 3

Rattle when blipping the throttle

This is a discussion on Rattle when blipping the throttle within the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum (2015+) category; Originally Posted by DNA Dan Aren't you guys still under warranty? Take it in to a dealer. In the new videos it doesn't sound like ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 102
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Rattle when blipping the throttle

  1. #21
    Eco-Beast Sirikenewtron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    west coast mountains
    Posts
    4,678
    Member #
    6649
    Liked
    1706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Dan View Post
    Aren't you guys still under warranty? Take it in to a dealer. In the new videos it doesn't sound like a heat shield to me. It sounds like some sort of mechanical "chatter" or "rattle", like a PCV valve with a ball inside it. Are the design of the turbo solenoids the same as the past?
    I'm already out of the warranty, I've got about 3,600 miles on the truck..................................



    ..

    ...

    Yeah obviously I'll be taking it to the dealership, just asking around in case anyone else has encountered it and it's a simple fix before I waste my time there , can't tell you how many times in the past on my other trucks I've had an issue and was able to figure it out from posting on here and taking care of it myself.( in the past this forum used to be awesome for that)
    Not only that but half the times I've had to bring my truck in I've had to do the leg work to figure out what it was just so my truck wouldn't sit at the dealership for a week or two while they yanked on their cocks throwing parts at it or worse yet then calling me and telling me nothing is wrong.

    The sound is definitely coming from either the driver side of the transmission or the driver side catalytic converter.

    I've done everything I'm willing to do so next step is dealership, but I'm not in a huge rush truck still drives amazing

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sirikenewtron; 06-11-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    Traded the old 2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4 on its 4the engine
    For a 2017 crew cab sport stx 2.7 and couldn't be happier

  2. #22
    Eco-Beast Sirikenewtron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    west coast mountains
    Posts
    4,678
    Member #
    6649
    Liked
    1706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by milesej05 View Post
    Turn your radio up and close your windows....aaaaaaaand


    SEND IT!!!
    Exactly what I'm doing



    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    milesej05 likes this.
    Traded the old 2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4 on its 4the engine
    For a 2017 crew cab sport stx 2.7 and couldn't be happier

  3. #23
    Eco-Beast Sirikenewtron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    west coast mountains
    Posts
    4,678
    Member #
    6649
    Liked
    1706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasFX4 View Post
    My Truck sounds EXACTLY the same. I agree FOOKIN send it!
    So you have that same rattle coming from the transmission area?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Traded the old 2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4 on its 4the engine
    For a 2017 crew cab sport stx 2.7 and couldn't be happier

  4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Ecoboost Pro DNA Dan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Hamilton, MT
    Posts
    823
    Member #
    61281
    Liked
    258 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirikenewtron View Post

    Yeah obviously I'll be taking it to the dealership, just asking around in case anyone else has encountered it and it's a simple fix before I waste my time there , can't tell you how many times in the past on my other trucks I've had an issue and was able to figure it out from posting on here and taking care of it myself.( in the past this forum used to be awesome for that)
    Not only that but half the times I've had to bring my truck in I've had to do the leg work to figure out what it was just so my truck wouldn't sit at the dealership for a week or two while they yanked on their cocks throwing parts at it or worse yet then calling me and telling me nothing is wrong.
    No worries. I just have "new truck" envy.

    Since you mentioned the trans, I just thought of something else - If you put it in gear and blip it does the sound go away?
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

  6. #25
    Eco-Beast Sirikenewtron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    west coast mountains
    Posts
    4,678
    Member #
    6649
    Liked
    1706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Dan View Post
    No worries. I just have "new truck" envy.

    Since you mentioned the trans, I just thought of something else - If you put it in gear and blip it does the sound go away?
    I probably came off like a smart ass, I seem to get in a ****y mood when my truck is making weird sounds that I can't figure out, LOL my wife hates it. I let it preoccupy my mind which is ridiculous. Unfortunately usually if I can't figure it out it seems like none of the damn dealerships can either but I guess I just got to hope for the best.

    Yeah it makes the sound at any time, any gear, neutral, hot or cold.
    It really sounds like something loose like a heat shield or something but I went through the whole damn thing for a couple hours yesterday and there's nothing loose that I can find anywhere. Hopefully it's not torque converter related.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sirikenewtron; 06-11-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    mj0528 likes this.
    Traded the old 2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4 on its 4the engine
    For a 2017 crew cab sport stx 2.7 and couldn't be happier

  7. #26
    Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Coastal Texas
    Posts
    3,691
    Member #
    52137
    Liked
    3059 times
    Whatever it is, it is NOT a continuation of your Gen1 curse.

    That's great news.

    We just have to read your posts.
    She has to LIVE with the guy who posts.

    Put another way, we have the choice to scroll.
    She, on the other hand.......

    Bless her soul.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Sirikenewtron likes this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

  8. #27
    Ecoboost Sr Member VegasFX4's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    75
    Member #
    66432
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirikenewtron View Post
    So you have that same rattle coming from the transmission area?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Well SH*T. Now I've gotta lay under my truck to answer the question LOL.

    Seriously, it sounds the same. I will make some videos and see about posting. Do you have to use youtube to post a video? It used to be photobucket in my Cobra forum days.

  9. #28
    Eco-Beast Sirikenewtron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    west coast mountains
    Posts
    4,678
    Member #
    6649
    Liked
    1706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasFX4 View Post
    Well SH*T. Now I've gotta lay under my truck to answer the question LOL.

    Seriously, it sounds the same. I will make some videos and see about posting. Do you have to use youtube to post a video? It used to be photobucket in my Cobra forum days.
    Photo bucket works too I believe.
    I'd be interested, you can even just sit in the cab in Park and blip the throttle with the camera out the window and should be able to pick up the sound if it's the same as mine. My sound seems to occur while pushing it as opposed to when letting off

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Traded the old 2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4 on its 4the engine
    For a 2017 crew cab sport stx 2.7 and couldn't be happier

  10. #29
    Ecoboost Sr Member VegasFX4's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    75
    Member #
    66432
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirikenewtron View Post
    Photo bucket works too I believe.
    I'd be interested, you can even just sit in the cab in Park and blip the throttle with the camera out the window and should be able to pick up the sound if it's the same as mine. My sound seems to occur while pushing it as opposed to when letting off

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


    The fan shuts off at about 10 seconds..Its hot in vegas today!


  11. #30
    Eco-Beast meaz93's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    3,483
    Member #
    5485
    Liked
    1785 times
    Have a beer or two and or spirits of choice....due diligence completed.


    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Connect with us: F150 Ecoboost Forum on Twitter F150 Ecoboost Forum on Facebook F150 Ecoboost Forum RSS Feed
Find us on Google+