2017 3.5L Best Tune/CAC options

This is a discussion on 2017 3.5L Best Tune/CAC options within the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum (2015+) category; I have been scouring through threads and still am having an internal debate over what tune and CAC I should go with on my 2017. ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Boostking
  • 3 Post By Scott91370
  • 1 Post By IRISHF150

Thread: 2017 3.5L Best Tune/CAC options

Member #

I have been scouring through threads and still am having an internal debate over what tune and CAC I should go with on my 2017. I keep reading 5 star, Livernois and Edge CTS2 for tunes. As far as CAC I can’t narrow down which product is the best out there. I have looked at the Whipple, Mishimoto and aFe. I do like the fact Mishimoto makes a black stealth finish, but at the end of the day I want performance over a color choice.

I currently haven’t done any mods other than the oil separator under the hood. Exterior I have done a 6” rough country lift with 35” tires and 20” fuel rims. Anyone have any insight?

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    888 times
    Get a BDX and try the preloaded tunes to start. The device already supports the Full Race FMIC, and very soon will support the Mishimoto (though you can just select the Full race for this one).
    snakebitten and gotboost150 like this.
    2013 Tuxedo Black SCrew Ecoboost FX4 w Appearance Package 5.5 box, 3.73. Mods: SCT LWTS+ custom tuned, Full-Race/BorgWarner OEM+ "GT Turbos", Tifosi Exhaust Manifolds, RTR HPFP, CP-E FMIC w/ TurboSmart SuperSonic, CP-E 3" Catted Downpipes, AFE Magnum Force Pro Dry-S Intake, Borla Touring Cat-Back, Terra G2s 305/55/20 on Method N/V 20x9, Leveled Bilstein 5100 RHA 1.5", 20" LED light bar, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Morimoto LED Fogs, Extang Revolution Tonneau Cover, Custom LED bed lighting, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Tailgate Remote Power Lock Mod, MaxLiner Floor Mats, Ford OEM Underseat Cargo Box, LED Interior and Reverse Lights (Diode Dynamics), Recon LED 3rd Brake Light, NL Door Detents, .50 cal antenna, Custom Coding (ForScan)

Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    Then after you are bored with the pre-loaded tunes get @Boostking to tune it for you.
    2015 Ingot Silver - 3.5 Ecoboost FX4

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostking View Post
    Get a BDX and try the preloaded tunes to start. The device already supports the Full Race FMIC, and very soon will support the Mishimoto (though you can just select the Full race for this one).
    @Boostking Any brand you recommend for the BDX?

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    888 times
    Just a 40470 or 40490. They are the same with different brands.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2013 Tuxedo Black SCrew Ecoboost FX4 w Appearance Package 5.5 box, 3.73. Mods: SCT LWTS+ custom tuned, Full-Race/BorgWarner OEM+ "GT Turbos", Tifosi Exhaust Manifolds, RTR HPFP, CP-E FMIC w/ TurboSmart SuperSonic, CP-E 3" Catted Downpipes, AFE Magnum Force Pro Dry-S Intake, Borla Touring Cat-Back, Terra G2s 305/55/20 on Method N/V 20x9, Leveled Bilstein 5100 RHA 1.5", 20" LED light bar, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Morimoto LED Fogs, Extang Revolution Tonneau Cover, Custom LED bed lighting, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Tailgate Remote Power Lock Mod, MaxLiner Floor Mats, Ford OEM Underseat Cargo Box, LED Interior and Reverse Lights (Diode Dynamics), Recon LED 3rd Brake Light, NL Door Detents, .50 cal antenna, Custom Coding (ForScan)

Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostking View Post
    What will the support for mishi CAC do? That's the one I run.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    888 times
    Yes it will. Just choose the Full Race. It just changes the variable for the intercooler size and they are close enough in volume.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I have 5* Ngauge and love it. Have several tunes from 87 performance/tow to e50 along with Mishimoto IC and hot piping.

Willshire likes this.

Sponsored Links