F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
As it's approaching my 3-year anniversary of owning my Tremor I have to say it has been a solid truck.

I started modding with less than 500 miles on the clock with just a tune in July of 2014.

Three years later no major issues to speak of at all. Just regular oil changes with Shell Rotella T6 and pulling the plugs every 4-5,000 miles to check the burn pattern for any issues.

She is about to turn 19,000 miles and still does well as one of my daily drivers.

I swap back and forth between it and my 2016 single turbo s550 mustang GT.

Not bad for an almost 500rwhp "work truck" that still gets an average of 17mpg. (I didn't really build it for fuel economy though...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Just curious as to why have you chose the rotella t6, protection against oil shear? That is one slick a** truck by the way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Appreciate it.

Dad worked for Shell. All the data he had for this oil helped me make my choice.

I holds up better to the heat generated by this motor/ upgraded turbos. Just my opinion...

Good to hear. Still waiting to buy that exhaust from you or get another one made for me :D

I am commuting much further now days, 40mi round trip for work right now. Just hit 17k. No problems here either, ever(except getting a few knicks here and there).

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Still see you got your Terminator too. Nice garage full of toys there!!
I'm building the Cobra motor right now for more boost. Sold the 2.9 Whipple & got a 4.0.

Thx....Also added a FoxBody to the stable. 393ci with GT40 heads.

Thx....Also added a FoxBody to the stable. 393ci with GT40 heads.
Man that thing is real nice, how is the interior?

But really, could your guy make another exhaust or was it completely one off laying under the truck?

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Man that thing is real nice, how is the interior?

But really, could your guy make another exhaust or was it completely one off laying under the truck?
The interior is a 6/10.

I bought new black carpet for the car and was going to have the seats reupholstered when I pulled them out.

The exhaust was a one of pretty much...

Man I wouldn't be surprised if we knew each other and didn't realize it, or know some of the same folks anyway. I've been in Baytown most of my life (I'll be 37 in Sept, born an raised here, spent 05-06 in New Jersey). Are you originally from here?

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Man I wouldn't be surprised if we knew each other and didn't realize it, or know some of the same folks anyway. I've been in Baytown most of my life (I'll be 37 in Sept, born an raised here, spent 05-06 in New Jersey). Are you originally from here?
Been in Baytown my whole life.

As it's approaching my 3-year anniversary of owning my Tremor I have to say it has been a solid truck.

I started modding with less than 500 miles on the clock with just a tune in July of 2014.

Three years later no major issues to speak of at all. Just regular oil changes with Shell Rotella T6 and pulling the plugs every 4-5,000 miles to check the burn pattern for any issues.

She is about to turn 19,000 miles and still does well as one of my daily drivers.

I swap back and forth between it and my 2016 single turbo s550 mustang GT.

Not bad for an almost 500rwhp "work truck" that still gets an average of 17mpg. (I didn't really build it for fuel economy though...)

Now that is what a sport truck should look like.

Discussion starter · #13 ·

I swapped out the factory Tremor grill with a Harley Davidson F150 chrome grill. Probably not for everyone but I think it tied in well with the polished lip on my Forgeline wheels.

So great times..... what size tires did you use.... for that run and did you change the rear. I wanted to go with 18 inch tires but don't know where I could get wheels that would fit my Tremer and a 10 inch width
Roket

So great times..... what size tires did you use.... for that run and did you change the rear. I wanted to go with 18 inch tires but don't know where I could get wheels that would fit my Tremer and a 10 inch width
Roket
I'm working with Bogart to get some made, down side is they'll probably be $1200 a pair but about the same price as Welds :)

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Roket
My rear tires are 305/40-22”

I’m considering having a matching set of 3-pc Forgeline’s made for the rear in 18x11” for some drag radials at some point. Gotta get a couple of my other cars rolling first.

The rear has been narrowed 3” on each side so just any standard wheel will won’t bolt up. I’ll need a custom built wheel. Current wheel is 22x11.

Beautiful truck man, I am also live close to Houston, look’s like you know these trucks well. I need a computer- I pad class,
sorry if I am putting this in wrong place.
but I hope you can maybe steer me in right direction, or tell me where I can take mine for some chassis questions, did DJM
2” front control arms and 2” DJM shackles. Got a driveline shake? 20-30 mph, stifflers stopped rear end seizures, shimmed from rear of leaf 2 degrees. Think I am chasing my tail, thought about 1 piece driveshaft, tech told me not going to happen, my transmission has wrong output.
Thanks for any help

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Beautiful truck man, I am also live close to Houston, look’s like you know these trucks well. I need a computer- I pad class,
sorry if I am putting this in wrong place.
but I hope you can maybe steer me in right direction, or tell me where I can take mine for some chassis questions, did DJM
2” front control arms and 2” DJM shackles. Got a driveline shake? 20-30 mph, stifflers stopped rear end seizures, shimmed from rear of leaf 2 degrees. Think I am chasing my tail, thought about 1 piece driveshaft, tech told me not going to happen, my transmission has wrong output.
Thanks for any help

I bought some shims from Jegs to get my pinion angle set after lowering.

I think they were $40

I have no driveline vibration. Had a little bit after the drop. Did the shims a week later then no more vibration.

And still one of the cleanest trucks on here. I love the mods you've done.
I look forward to someday having the funds to build them the way my brain works.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.