F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Too low there, costing me $1000 to fix the trans due to to the stock driveshaft being too long.
Fix the trans? Why dont you get a aftermarket one made thats better spec? the 2wd is always 2 piece vs 1 piece 4wd. I 100% believe my little vibration is due to driveshaft.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Fix the trans? Why dont you get a aftermarket one made thats better spec? the 2wd is always 2 piece vs 1 piece 4wd. I 100% believe my little vibration is due to driveshaft.
I did but it was too late and already damaged the transmission

Discussion starter · #24 ·
The driveshaft was forced into the rear of the transmission causing bearing damage. Unfortunately it's not a bearing that can be removed with the case together so trans has to come out, case split, bearing R&R'd and then put back together and in the truck.

The driveshaft was forced into the rear of the transmission causing bearing damage. Unfortunately it's not a bearing that can be removed with the case together so trans has to come out, case split, bearing R&R'd and then put back together and in the truck.
how was it determined that was damaged? You're saying after lowering there was no more movement of the slip yoke, it was just jammed into trans?

This is what makes used cars terrifying, lol.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Massive vibration and the yolk moving easily by hand.

Hi everyone I'm new on the forum I just buy a tremor fx4 ... and is missing the driver side running board anyone is interest it on selling me the running board by any chance? Thanks
I think you'll have better luck posting in the buy/sell section of the forum. Good luck and welcome

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Massive vibration and the yolk moving easily by hand.
I love the look in that first picture. Was the damage caused from that initial drop or the 3/5? Been eyeing a 3/5 drop for mine - coming from a 3/4 dropped ranger this truck sits way to high for my tastes. I didn't have any issues with the DJM 3/4 on my '98 or '2006 Ranger - not seeing a lot of reports about transmission damage for a 3/5 on an F-150. Assuming this was due to the extreme drop you had initially? Just want a bit of clarification before I have a ton of damage I wasn't expecting to have to account for!

Hey Qazme, I did a 3/4 on mine, DJM arms in front with a Belltech flip kit in the rear, and the ride is great on it. I went with the 4 in the back because our trucks can look too low in the back when they are really "level". Mine has just a "touch" of forward rake. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

Most trucks these days the rear wheel arc is 1/2-1 1/2" higher in the rear than the front.
Dodges are terrible at this.

I haven’t seen any reports of damage like this from 3/5 drops or even lower. I talked to Tony at Belltech also asking him about this issue and he has not heard of it either. I’m still not sure how this happened to you. I have a 3.5/5 drop now and looking to go lower and I’m investigating because I don’t want any issues. Do you have any pictures of the driveshaft set up you had made?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.